Xirtam's trading journal, growing a small account

Forgot to post an update from November. I will stop trading now to review my strategy and improve whilst volume is slowing down heading for the holidays.

November was a down month, I was not trading poorly, the setups just did not play out that well. Drawdown was still small and kept my focus well during this month. December was a lot better, I was up 5% until some USD high impact news messed up my EURNZD trade that caused some slippage. But still very happy with the results & stuck to the plan.

I am ending this year with a 6.31% return, which is awesome, first year of making a profit. I am pretty confident things will speed up a lot next year. I am putting a lot of focus on my trading, I am more busier than ever with my normal day job, trading, and keeping up with personal relationships. But I get very excited to see my trading improvements and this is really motivating.

I wish everyone a great christmas and a happy new year.

2 Likes

These are the results from my current journal since May (the beginning of my 5K account, before I had a 1K account)

• 5 up months v.s. 3 down months
  • Avg up month: 1,94%
  • Avg down month: 1,14%

Overall results:

1 Like

Very nice, bro! I’m glad to hear that! I’m rooting for you!
congrats

I’m guess that’s part of your improvement, right? If you can put more time in, you can speed up the learning curve. Do you think that contributed to your improvement?

Very cool. Maintaining any kind of relationship requires time and energy. Good for you!

I’m happy for you!

Thanks man, much appreciated. How’s your trading going? You are the first one to comment on this thread I remember.

1 Like

Not as well as yours! haha I’m trying to catch you, though.

If you’re working hard, then I have to work hard, too!!

Keep posting and sharing the good energy!

pendejo thumbs up

Will do, made a vow May 2020 I’m going to stick to. Goodluck in your trading!

1 Like

Alright, long time no see. After some extensive backtesting on the strategy I had been trading for the majority throughout this thread, I found out it was very hard to make it really consistent over 5-6 years with minimal drawdown periods and decent profits.

I decided to burn my boats and focus on a completely different one. Decided to take a break from this thread and go back to the basics.

When I was away from Babypips I worked hard on finding a good, consistent strategy. I am happy to say that I think I found it. I have been trading my current strategy live for two months. Currently still tweaking some minor things, after that I will upload the whole 6 year backtest on this thread.

I have accumulated 100k FTMO funding and 200K with Nova Funding. Got multiple payouts from both firms already and currently waiting for another payout from Nova.

As of yesterday I have passed two 200K FTMO challenges, of which I still have to pass the verification on. If I secure another 400K of funding I have a very decent size to trade with.

I also created a my FX book to follow along, luckily I had some really good trades to start off the My FX Book. These 7R days are far from normal. The current strategy can make around 20-30R per year with max 10R drawdown, depending on the year. I risk 2% on every trade on my personal account.

I initially planned on sharing this after I finished my backtest and secured some more funding. But might as well start now.

I will share everything from posting payouts, securing more funding, backtesting results & the progress of my personal 5K account.

Excited to continue make this little personal thread alive again!

EDIT: my FX book link: Graveland Capital Forex Trading System by Forex Trader Xirtam001

1 Like

That’s great news! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Just received a payout from nova funding

1 Like

congrats

I wanna ask what you’re gonna spend it on, but I know bills gotta be paid before buying any new toys.

Two new pants + another challenge somewhere in the coming weeks to be exact haha

1 Like

October has passed and I have had an absolute banger of a month, totalling around 10R. Definitely an outlier, but a great return to start off this thread again. During October I have also managed to pass two 200k verifications, increasing my funding to 600k.

1 Like

perfect loop
That’s amazing! Great job!! Keep going!

What did you do differently in October?

Nothing really, just letting the edge play out. I trade a very mechanical system, I was in a 7R drawdown, statistically speaking those drawdowns tend to end around 7R so I bought two 200k challenges.

Didn’t expect things would go this smoothly, so that was nice to see. But every time I’m in a drawdown like this I start a new challenge. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

1 Like

First FTMO payout on my 400K account

2 Likes

When you buy yourself a fancy new belt, don’t forget the boots to match!

1 Like

Another great month with a near 14% (7R) return. I will share my edgewonk statistics and put the myfxbook link under each post to see the actual verified track record. The edgewonk gives some nice metrics alongside the return percentage.

November stats

I also got some solid payouts this month:

Most of these profits will go into my personal account. Which sits at 20K+ now. I will be looking to constantly fund this account.

1 Like

Great news! Keep going!!!

1 Like

Pretty slow month, finished the last month of the year around BE. I will post a year in review sometime soon (probably next week). All I can say now is that in 2023 things fell into place and that I am very interested in what 2024 will bring. Next year will be a year of increasing my personal capital as much as I can.

December stats

Overall stats

Verified My FX Book

1 Like

Long time no see, I have to get back in the rythm of updating every month.

For the past few months I have been in drawdown, as seen in the edgewonk portfolio below. The peak drawdown was 7R, very managable and in line with 7 years of backtesting.

I am almost back at equity highs, which is nice.

1 Like