Xirtam's trading journal, growing a small account

Because of the slick new design of Edgewonk, I can capture the monthly performance in one snapshot.

On MyFXBook I logged a 5% return, that was because a 2.5 winner got rolled over from february to march, and Edgewonk & MyFXBook log those trades differently.

A solid month and perfectly on edge, slow year so far.

Total performance

1 Like

Still looking good, though! Keep it up!

1 Like

The month has ended again, saw a new peak of 0.32R and immediatly went back into drawdown. One year ago I would have been nervious or frustrated, but because the system is so mechanical, I am not bothered by the slightest.

This month I passed two 100K challenges, but failed on the verification. I grabbed myself a new 200k challenge that is sitting around break even now. I only need 7R in total to pass both the challenge and verification on 2% risk.

See you next month!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I just realized that my equity curve is looking like a bullish wedge pattern. I am patiently waiting for the next leg up :slight_smile: .
I have finished the month May with a decent 1.89R, the year has been slow so sorry that there is little action on my side.

1 million in prop firm capital!
Eventhough there is not much action yet, I did manage to pass another 200k challenge and verification with AlphaCapital, totaling 1 million in prop firm funding. My last bull run at the end of the year I only had around 200k I believe. You can image I am looking forward to a successful rest of 2024, so I can put my full 1 million prop firm capital to work.

2 Likes

This is great news! Thank you for sharing! Did you get another payout? Or was this just a test?

Which prop firm do you like better: Nova or Alpha?

No payout yet, I just completed the challenge and verification. I heard great things about Alpha Capital, Nova used to be great, but not anymore. A lot of delayed payouts, it’s a HFT firm so they have pretty strict rules as well.

1 Like

Another slow month, no big updates. Expecting a bit more volatily in my equity curve soon. I did miss however a trade that floats 2R+ now, which is a shame.

1 Like