šŸ’° WE HAVE OUR GIVEAWAY WINNERS: What will you remember most about 2023?

Yes, I got 3 account blown and Iā€™m still learning to improve myself daily.

1 Like

What will you remember most about 2023?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I felt justified in my decision to stay away from the crypto business after I saw how that Sam Bankman-Fried guy fried some people.

4 Likes

Discovering babypips site :blush: would be the highlight of my trading year. I came across babypips around last June and been around since, but finally decided to join the form just TODAY! Itā€™s been an amazing year 2023 , and hopefully it will continue in this year too.

2 Likes

Realized it wasnā€™t enough capital, so added $1000. Got a $250 match from my broker on some promo they had, and I was slightly in profit last year, just barely!

Are you back in with a prop firm?

Hi @samewise

I am presently no longer funded because I only had one funded account with The 5ers. I totally messed that up, which I assure you wonā€™t happen again.

Currently, I am getting on with a $100K FTMO challenge. I will be starting another $300K of challenges with them before the end of January. I decided to stagger the challenges throughout January to minimise the risk of blowing all the accounts at once if I hit a particularly bad losing streak. That said, my goal is to reach maximum funding with them before the end of Q1. I fully expect to pass every challenge I take with them but as I like to say, talkā€™s cheap and money buys houses!

You can follow my progress over on Londonā€™s Funding Journey.

Trust me, 2024 is going to be epic!

3 Likes

Oh man, thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ll be following along for sure.

For the staggering, is that all with FTMO?

1 Like

I think those overdue winds of regulation will be really good for the industry and its customers, weed out the blatant frauds, liars and crooks and make what remains better, safer and more honest for all of us. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@maria_fp

I donā€™t necessarily agree to be honest.

Iā€™m more laissez-faire. Regulations typically amount to an invisible tax.

Abiding by government regulations is a costly business, costs that are ultimately passed on to clients. Thatā€™s the simple reason regulated brokers canā€™t possibly compete with unregulated brokers in terms of commissions and fees.

Besides which, I donā€™t really trust the government any more than I trust the next new prop firm to be honest . . .

2 Likes

That does not reduce my good wishes for both/all your forex projects!

In your country they also amount to a government backed guarantee covering the first Ā£80,000.00 in each forex account you have, and a regulator wiling to keep the industry honest and both to prevent and to correct dishonesty.

I think it is much more complicated than this view suggests and that brokers who choose to be unregulated normally have reasons which are in their interests but not in the interests of their customers, and that brokers who pretend on their website to be regulated in New Zealand and then open your account in the Seychelles so that it is effectively unregulated are liars and crooked, and that this does not happen when a real regulator with real teeth routinely inspects the websites of the brokers it regulates, to ensure that customers are not deceived.

3 Likes

Happy New Year, fantastic folks of our amazing community!

Letā€™s welcome 2024 with a bang as we finally announce the winners of our forum giveaway!

But before we do, a big thank you to everyone who participated in our giveaway and shared their most memorable moments in 2023 with the Babypips.com community! We look forward to making even more exciting ones with you in the coming year.

Now, I wonā€™t keep you waiting any longer. Itā€™s time to meet our lucky giveaway winners!

Letā€™s begin with the lucky winners who will each receive $25 worth of Amazon gift card or BTC.

Congratulations to @RedEyeRishMan and @DanLondon!

Next up, we have the lucky winner who will receive $50 worth of Amazon gift card or BTC.

Congratulations to @THE_GOATE!

And lastly, a big congratulations to the lucky winner who will receive $75 worth of Amazon gift card or BTCā€¦

Congratulations @dushimes!

What a way to start the year! Weā€™re already excited to see what 2024 has in store.
Together, letā€™s make this year another one for the books!

Once again, congratulations to all of our winners! I will be reaching out to you within the week for your email addresses or BTC wallet addresses (depending on your chosen prize format).

*Please be reminded that failure to respond within 7 days will result in automatic disqualification. I hope you stay tuned for more surprises, and if thereā€™s anything you want us to try for our next giveaway, please feel free to send me a message!

10 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners!! Happy for you! :champagne: and Thank you babypips staff for organizing this! Hopefully many more giveaways to come this year!! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@maria_fp

I think you raise some good points.

After your post above, I actually sent Blackbull an email requesting clarification of their regulated status and their assurance that I will in fact get paid out should I achieve my small account flip. I emailed them within a few hours of your post but I havenā€™t yet had a reply, aside from the auto-generated stock email with the ticket number. I warned them in my email that I would be posting their response in my thread so we will see if they reply and what they have to say.

One thing I would say about unregulated brokers is that there are good and bad. As you rightly point out, there are plenty of lying, crooked scammers out there but there are also genuine and trustworthy unregulated brokers. Actually, for most unregulated brokers, it is in their interests to play fair and pay their clients out otherwise they soon get exposed on sites like www.forexpeacearmy.com and lose a lot of potential business. A brokerage is effectively a money printing machine, only fools kill the golden goose and run off with the eggs.

In the end, like with most trading decisions, it comes to risk management. I have a relatively small percentage of my capital with several unregulated brokers. My risk is therefore limited. The high leverage and low fees and commission means my potential reward for this capital at risk is far greater than I could possibly achieve with a regulated broker here in the UK. In short, itā€™s a chance Iā€™m willing to take!

2 Likes

Thank you one and all. It does feel good to start the year on a winning note!!!

7 Likes

Thank you to everyone for the supportive messages last year and for being such a great community and thank you to Babypips for choosing me as one of the lucky winners!

I won my first trade of the year and now this . . .

Who knows, I might actually be on a roll :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations to everyone!!

Thanks to @Penelopip!! Thanks to all the folks who keep babypips running!! Great job!

10 Likes

You cannot anyway do what you are trying to do without chancing it, of course - I understand that! :wink:

Thank you for your reply and updates and congratulations, of course, to yourself and @RedEyeRishMan and @dushimes and @THE_GOATE , well deserved all!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you Babypips! And thank you everyone who makes this community what it is.

I doubt Iā€™d be where I am and doing what I do without all of you. The support has been overwhelming and I appreciate it more than I can say.

What a wonderful way to start the new years!

Congrats to the other winners :beers::beers::beers:

5 Likes

Congratulations to all the Lucky winners!! Hopeful for the next one!

2 Likes