Your Favorite US Broker?

I’m currently using MBTrading in a successful demo strategy, hoping to move over to a live account soon.
Can anyone comment on your experience with them?

As far as rollover fee’s goes, I’m opening a sub account with some interest bearing carries that will net enough interest to cover my negative swap on the euro. Even so, the negative swap is roughly only .5% of my profits per day so it’s not something to worry so much about. I’m interested in a broker that doesn’t charge rollover fee’s and is also American. I trust oanda and I love how easy it is to use the app on my iPhone which is where all my trades go in from. Either that or an iPad which I do not like as much as the iPhone interface.

Sonds like pyraminding down.

Pyramiding down meaning?

Opening more positions while losing and adding more funds to cover the marging, that is pyrimiding.

Interactive Brokers in Canada

what do you particularly like and dislike (if any) about them?
is there anything special with the Canadian branch?

I have been trading equities with them for about 10 years and currencys for about 2 years. They are a discount broaker and you can dont have to use micro, mini, or standard lots. You can buy & sell any amount you want. They charge a very low rate per trade and it is a fixed rate. They have a very stong platform and good interaction if you need help. They do not trade for you nor will they give you advice on what to trade. Also the platform is lightening fast. you can also set up bracket trades. ( parent and child - oco ) The best thing for you to do is to go to interactivebrokers .com and check out the individual trader information. Hope tis helps.

lightning fast, huh… do you live in Canada? Most of the time, I hear they have terrible customer support, but you seem to have a different experience. Thanks Saifan

Yes I live in Vancouver Canada. I don`t know about the support in the USA but I have always had good support from the Canadian branch,

Saifan, I am confused about IBs trading platform after moving from MT4. When I placed an order, I typed 1 thinking 1 lot. But, later realized its not 1 lot and I don’t know what it is. Can yo specify how do you trade one lot or .5?

Thank you.

FXCM for sure!
and with free 50$ trial dealing desk platform!
i vote for them every single day!
fast deposits/withdrawl
superb service!

IB doesn`t use LOTS they use $ amounts . You can trade any $ amount that you want. If you want to trade $5432.00 or $1023.00 or any denomination you can do that. Go to interactivebrokers.com and then click on individual and they will give you threads to webinars and any other info you require. You can also call IB @ 1-877-745-4222 and get information. You do not need a 3 didget code. just listento the options. Hope this helps.

I find that hard to believe that you had over 600 trades without a single loss. That’s 100% success rate which I think is almost or next to impossible to achieve. Would you care to be more specific what system do you use to reach such rate?

Right, this guy is obviously pulling somebody’s leg! He makes 10 pips or so he claims, 600 x 10 is 6000 pips all of this in 3 months which 2000 pips per month. I would love to know what system he uses if he cares to share it!

I personally use IB for placing ca$h orders, since they offer lower spreads. And free MT4 packages for charting and signails.