Zulu Trade-Signal provider trading journal

Interesting day for ForexAnomaly, he opened 3 BUY trades for EUR/JPY over a small pip range and what I thought was at the high end of the range. He closed out one trade that was profitable but opened the trade again at a higher price. Luckily the price jumped up and he was in the 20+ pip profit range.

I locked him out from controlling all three trades and implemented my profit locking/trailing stop trading strategy. I locked in 10 pips on each trade while ForexAnomaly currently has -5, -15, -7 pips on the same trades.

Man it feels good when you lock in profit and the SP doesnā€™t. Hopefully, I donā€™t wake up tomorrow to see that these trades turn out to be 100+ pips for himā€¦

cant agree with you more!! btw, what do you think of the currently one number 21? he has some interesting performanceā€¦looking quite well into him for the past some days :wink:

Eddy, do you follow traders who are trading live only or do also follow demo traders as well? IMHO people who trade demo tend to trade better because they donā€™t have do deal with the fact that real money is on the line. So it would be fair to assume that a skilled demo trader could be a profitable choice to follow. On the other hand without that fear of loss, you may end up with a cowboy who never considers riskā€¦

i have followed both - and live and demo. I have also seen both good and bad performance from each trading account, so really cant draw such a big conclusion like this, data is not coherent .
but you know what either way, to tell you the truth, you can always zuluguard, custom stop/loss, reverse, follow with small risk, and then simply avoid getting the losses coming from either way of the accounts.

For the record, ForexAnomaly closed out those 3 trades for 45+ pips profit the next day. But I still like how I took control of the trade. The buys were at the top of the range and I locked in profits when I had them.

Do you mean MaxSimon? (Heā€™s showing as #21 at the moment) Pretty good results. He is the only SP in the top 25 that has been trading for less than 10 weeks. A bit of a concern. But I do like that all his trades are in the same profit rangeā€¦no 1 day spike where he made 500-1000+ pips that shot him into the top rankings. And I do like that almost all his trades are the same pair, EUR/USD. Probably has a good feel for how that pair moves.

yes the same one!
i guess so, he feels confident that way. who i am to judge that, after all he is suppose to know more that myself , the simple forum-erā€¦ as far as he stays good i will stay with him. until things changeā€¦as they always do, eventually all lose the trend momentum.

I find it difficult to weed out the commission seekers on Zulutrade. I now look at the max open trades, and anyone with 10 and over wont even be considered in most cases. When I follow any trader now they are only allowed 2 trades. Most these guys that have massive dd is from multiple trades in the same direction.

Currently I have youron, Qurenix, MaxSimon (just added today), Azar Consulting, EUReka V and calvinmo2001 (who is getting binned as soon as his current trades recover). Calvinmo2001 is the last one left thatā€™s allowed to open more than 2 trades.

I think it really depends on the trader. Demo provides no risk for the provider therefore they have larger stops and higher profit targets. Providers who trade demo want to rank up quickly by maxing out their trades.

Live signal providers have their own money at risk however if they are only trading 1 micro lot its essentially the same as a demo account since very small money is at risk. Any live account holder who trades 5 microlots or more and increasing size every week means they have confidence in their own trading plan and more then likely will continue being successful. FX primus seems to be a good candidate but is never consistent with lot size and this would cause some concern to followers.

I think you have made an excellent sellection there~!
Just keep your margin low (below 100%) and do not follow with more than 2-3 trades top with mini lots!

I did some more tweeks and now updated this post with my current settings.Now Margin meter is 52%
This is beauty of zulutrade.One losses but other recovers and u make money with different strategies.This was the worst time to join youron as he lost around 1000pips but still my Account is +2% in 3 trading days. -6% with youron onlyā€¦So this means if he would not have lost it it would have been great.Anyways looking forward to more successful trading days.I am not disableing him at the moment.I am sure he can recover itā€¦Goodluck all.

MY GOAL IS +100% GAIN IN 1 YEAR.Plz tell me am i being greedy or is it possible?

even though he lost this doesnt mean he will loose again, and one can always zuluguard, youyon is a good provider, and as all good providers can beat the markets foreverā€¦there is always a turning point when they start loosing and then panic that are going to loose all the big comissions and things go downhill.

Iā€™m starting to feel the same way about Qurenix. Yesterday he opened a SELL on EUR/USD after it dropped 50 pips. He opened another SELL when it bounced up. Now he is down 96 pips and 85 pips.

It was good to take some time off and I am back to normal trading again and I dont expect anyone here to join my new zulu like the rest. I am just trying to trade and keep track of my account and use zulu as a tool to track my trades. Its also motivation to stay positive on daily basis. If the followers come around down the road, I will not deviate from my own strategy. I found out during this time I am not a scalper, nor am I a strictly a price action trader, but more of a system trader with the tools I have gathered over the years. I actually thought I could trade news and scalp the market. Boy did I quickly realize losses and emotions can creep up instantaneously.

On another note Alex claims not to be kevin financial but I just noticed the same trades and drawdowns on both accounts.

gkawa, welcome back!
good luck trading :slight_smile: all the best !!
yeah, azar s got its best one trading 15M in followers collected not bad iā€™d say! but i am not enthused,ā€¦better wait to see what will happen!

Someone posted a strategy that with Azar consulting to only take his trades only after a loss. I believe its on the forums. When I get some time I will search for the review and post it here.

I found the link on a detailed review of Azar consulting.

ZuluTrade Forum ā€¢ View topic - SP: Azar Consulting Review

well it actually makes sense if you think about it, as his dd trades are quite a sum and it seems to be a pattern - after the 100 dd there is some positive returnsā€¦seems to me like a robot work no?

Qurenix got ZuluShielded today, he is disabled and I donā€™t think I will reactivate. I manually closed out the above trades once they got close to their open price. I think I had a 10 pip and 30 pip loss on the two trades. I didnā€™t think the EUR/USD was going to fall anymore and figured it was time to cut my losses. I was a little bummed when the EUR/USD fell another 30-40 pips after I did it BUT I closed the trade for a reason and it made sense at the time (which I canā€™t say the original SELL orders made sense to me at the time they were opened)

I looked up Qurenix trade history and he actually had 5 trades open on EUR/USD all SELLs and all had over -100 pip draw downs. He ended up +20 to +40 on all 5 trades BUT he is off my list for good. He seems to be another SP that is gaming the system by opening the same trade multiple times hoping it goes his way at some point. On paper he added +120 pips to his profits but had over -500 pips losers on paper. Too risky.

Keep your head up wvu. I seen a few worthy providers who dont seem to gamble with their trading. I will so some research and find more like AZAR consulting. I still like FX primus although he did experience some losses recently. I am looking for signal providers who are traders and not gamblers and I am personally starting to rid myself of the gambling mentality that affected me recently.:slight_smile: Lost a month of profits in three days.

Please dont follow me and if you do, do it only on paper because I am trying to keep myself in check this time around. The zulu journey starts all over again

ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - Island_WealthFX