ZuluTrade - any opinions?

Hello,

Does anyone has some expirience with zulu traiding?

about month ago I registered there and set three demo accounts with couple of signal providers. They all are on plus and I’m thinking about put some real money in it.

Here is one examplestatistic of one of the best SP on zulu.
ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - Richter
what do you think about this?

Note, that anyone can become a SP, but only the best has followers.

No, I have not yet tried it out and as for signal providers, usually steer clear of the lot [with good reason]… but that’s my personal preference, for the moment anyway.

But you can set minilots and couple of providers to avoid drawdown.

I would recommend them. Zulutrade have great tools for testing signal providers. Try experimenting with backtesting and the stoploss values. Be carefull though with some signal providers , some of them have big win percentage but huge draw downs.

Zulutrade is a great tool but I don’t like many of the strategies there esp. with regards to large drawdowns and inter-day exposure. This I guess is of course the way many play the game but I would have a very hard time committing real capital before having a lengthy discussion with the SP about strategy, philosophy to risk and even perhaps making some changes to their approach.

If you have a SP opening 8 trades on the same faulty method of entry picking or pip profit targeting this is something to worry about.

One guy took his $17,000,000 under management down to just under $2,000,000 after losing 600+ pips.

For real - how do you lose 600 pips if you ain’t on crack and are tending to your trades?

No one here can advice you other than to say ZT is great in principle. You ultimately have to talk to your SP(s) about their trading approach and philosophy to garner peace of mind.

Yes thats why i advice to be very carefull with choosing the signal providers. You should check their history , how long they traded etc etc before following them. We all make mistakes sometimes , the point is to minimaze those mistakes as much as possible.

I guess a loss like this is quite drastic but of course if a follower is careful, one can always separate the best SPs from the general crowd of those who have no idea what’s going on. OF course, 100% winning point can never be achieved but we should keep in mind the principle and stay close to providers with that strategy as well. There are also good signals, the shining stars among the mass that work hard for the followers and for themselves as well. As a follower myself, find hard to trust some,but cannot close my eyes on those that are actually working for their success.

I like trade with Zulu - you don’t need do anything, I think it is real automatic trading. Sometimes i change my providers and use small risk - it helps me to make some money and dont have big loss. I highly recommend you this service. As you want you can try it with Nordfx - they have the smallest deposit for trading (about 50 euro), and always check not only raiting of providers - check their history, sometimes they have big drawdown and small profit. Good luck!

I have a relatively small zulutrade account that ive been using to get used to the system, and in fact follow richter…one thing i have learned is to be cautious about lotsize relative to account equity. Take Richter for instance, right now he has approx a minus 2000 pip floating drawdown that he has kept for about a month now. if i had been trading mini lots instead of micro lots i probably would have wiped my account…but instead i just have a floating dd a bit higher than normal. Even if he closes out his trades ill survive to trade another day.

Yes, i am using him too ((((
NOw i have -700 pips, but i hope it is just mistake and trend will change the way.
MIcro lots save my account))

mmmmm… 700 pips down is not good at all!! put a S/L …he has been shaky trading lately… hope really the trend turns towards you!! :wink:

Thanks, I hope too))Sometimes it happens, but i still belive in Zulu and Nordfx and my providers!

Stsarah, of course there…but watch out for slippage, things can get ugly in that direction :17:

imo, the best combination is zulu+aaafx = no commission and very low slippage… but the broker is a personal choice, always :wink:

I will try aaafx demo, but can’t go to real until “richter” change the situation from “-” to “+” !!!

sorry but I do not understand, how is richter position affecting the demo?

))No i am talking about real)))
I am already testing their demo;)

Good for you. How is it going? Are you having fun with the demo account?:slight_smile: which signals did you choose?

I am just starting and as you know it needs a lot of time to check the providers and broker)))
Now i am using and still testing climber fx (so-so, not good and not bad, because +6$ and then -5, again +8 and -8), also HighProfitFactor and Forex Cruise Control - i like them they show good results ( almost all trades in “+”). May be you can advice anybody to try (with small risks and and small drawdown)?

I also use these ones plus Mybestsystems ( right now he is experiencing some dd but i’ve been following him for two months now - he is good + he trades from a live account not demo - which is a strong indicator that he’s a serious trader; read his recommendations how to follow him - he states clearly how risky to be with a small account.
for a broker I recommend you aaafx(this is mine) - no commission with zulutrade and it has the lowest slippage among providers.

ok,thanks!Let me check him on my real with Nordfx, let you know.
AAAFx zulu platform is nice on demo, may be try it on real after 1 week - still in process