ZuluTrade - any opinions?

I meant that in a way this signals protect my account. I have noticed lately that whenever currencies are weak gold goes strong…but this is my hunch might be so wrong. btw my signal that i like: suetgold :wink:

Hi, I am new on Zulutrade, I have real account, I sooo looove Zulu, I think it is a such wonderful idea… Magic… If you take very small risk you can have good profit. Just to be patient and not too much risk…
I follow a few providers but not on XAU or Silver, too dangerous I think.

I would exchange with you about money management…

Most of my provider have 20% drawdown max. I have a total of 100 max simulateneous MICRO lots (1000USD). So let’s say if 60 of them are simultaeneousely loosing 150 pips (pending), it would do 9000 lost pips , so 900USD. If I have 4000USD on my account, risk is very very low ?

Also another question, is there a difference if I follow a provider that has 20% max DD representing 100K pips and another that has also 20% max DD representing 200 pips?

Thanks… I am fan of ZT, let’s exchange !

Woah! You lost me with that statement. I’m not sure what time frame you are trading. Or what currency pairs… But if you are loosing 9000 pips or even come close to that, you called the trade in the wrong direction. Proper risk management should get you out of a trade or in your case several trades much sooner than at that level. No matter the leverage, 9000 pips is still a fair amount of money. You should only risk 2% of your account at a time. Not 98% all of the time!

@leg0nd

No, I mean I allow max 100 trades open, imagine 60% are pending, in losses.
Let’s say each one is 150 pips losing.
So I’d have 150*60=9000 pips lost, pending.
As for me 9000 pips is 900usd, is it a pending loss acceptable, for a 3-5000USD balance?
Or should I reduce, like not allow max 100 trades…

Most of my providers do max 20% DD.

5000/900 is close to 20%. A pro trader only risks 2% of his account balance at any given time. 20% even if pending, is 10 times that of what a pro recommends. Try to at least cut down to 500$ in pending losses, 250$ would be even safer, but it’s entirely up to you how much you can afford to lose. I wouldn’t want to lose over 10%. Eventually I want to be below 1% but I only do 1 trade at a time. It’s much easier to watch only one trade as opposed to 4 or more

Thanks,
First of all, do you agree my to what I calculated? That I may risk about 500usd due to my possible positions? Is my calculate accurate?

I’m ok to lose all my 5000USD but I would avoid.

When you say “20% is a lot, security would be to be below 1%”, I agree. But These 20% of risk would be shared by pending bad trades, but from different providers.
So risk would be less than 20% nope? Even if not 1%.

Anyway thanks for this great topic. Hope more poster will discuss.

Did you understand everything about leverage? Me, no…
Do you have answer to my previous question, is there risk difference between having a provider with 20% max DD representing -160K pips and one having also 20% representing 400 pips?

Are you in real with ZT? Since how long? Did you make money?
How many providers do you have, what strategy?

I think with my actual tuning I can make almost 1% daily, most of the time… but sometime -10% maybe. So, overall it would be maybe an average of 10% per month, with what I estimate low risk…

Do you agree if I add 25000usd to actual 5000 I could risk 5 times more for same risk?

Something I experienced lately was a couple of signal providers changing thier behaviors and instead of taking relatively short period trades they went long eurchf and just sat there with a floating dd waiting for another intervention. Fine if one does it…but multiple providers over numerous trades available for each it wasn’t long before I had to drop a few providers and take the loss just for the sake of liquidity.

Thanks,
Hope I will avoid that, I have choose which seems to be serious providers…
Hamno, and now, how is it? Did you make money?

Took a decent loss to the account but fortunately it was only funded for $1500. Ever since then the account has been on a steady increase and I don’t see any huge problems getting it back to break even within a couple of months while following a more conservative approach.

Live and learn:)

Ok, I agree with you, with some time and small risk, it will do the job.
How many provider do you have? What’s your average profit in % , per month?
How many lots do you

My “multiple providers changing behavior” incident only happened 3 weeks ago so i’m afraid I cant provide average profit/months.

I was using 6-7, but at the moment I’m only using 1 provider but will likely add a second soon.

In terms of the lots I’m using the auto-risk allocation mode. I ignored it last time and buggered myself up.

Which one do you use?
I think, if you have “big stake”, it is risky to use only one provider.

I use 8 providers, but one is “sized” for about 60% of stakes, 5 are small stake, and 2 are “for the night” (JPY…)

At the moment i am only using Forex Cruise Control. There are a tons of good providers on there so i dont want to recommend any particular one though!

Previously i had thought the sp i had selected were a good balance of pairs and trading hours…until i started getting “Your provider has changed trading styles” emails from zulutrade. So ultimately…Dont ignore the margin call percentage risk just because you think the current providers are well balanced :wink:

Ok, thanks, yes, maybe a good-secure idea to use only HPF, FCC…
Anyone wants to participate to this thread? :slight_smile:

Of course there is a difference in the DD % when you multiply the % times a bigger amount obviously the signal with 100k will give you higher dd.

Are you guys trading live or you are on demo still? which one is your broker/s?

Thanks DimaRufx
I am trading live. With aaafx.

Tell us more about you :slight_smile:

Please, imagine I want to use provider "ForeX Cruise COntrol"
He has 19% (1.06K) DD
So I can loose 1K pips with him?

well it depends on how much is ur lot you following with + the open positions. btw use the custom stop/loss its a good tool to protect against dd.
yes i am also trading live 2/3 months now - have two account alpari.ru and aaafx of course.
who else are you following except for fcc and hpf?

Dima, which signal providers are you trading with for the last month?

I am trading these along with FCC, of course:
CO-FX-2
Triple X
GringoHuf
yamatofx2vera
HUF Gringo
GREEN STAIRS
Time Is Now…