Zulutrade, anyone use this service?

I’m finding on ZT that my trades are closing much later than the SP’s so I’m looking for a EA to manage my exits.

A trailing stop in zulu would be a very good idea! I think you could do it manually through your MT4 after the trade is opened by the provider, but your broker must support it and you will have to be watching the trade all the time…

Hi Nick,
I inquired on the ZT forum if they could supply an auto manage EA free for their customers and got a reply back that they will check with their developers.

I just popped down to a local library with my son, booked out a few books on risk management. Good place for beginners to get started.

I am not good with EAs, but it would be interesting to be able to use trailing stops with zulu

I also would like to try a breakeven stop. I’ve downloaded a free one called swiss army EA but I lack the experience to set it up correctly.
I’m not sure if it’s just me but I seem to get different results from demo to live with a broker.
I think they should take the demo a step further and allow you link it up to a broker demo account.

This sounds interesting, but isnt zulutrade all about autotrading? I mean why should you do all this?

Hi Sergio,
In theory an EA would run automatically but on the downside I would need to keep the pc running and rely my internet connection.

I wish I could link a ZT demo account to my MT4 demo account so my practice results would be closer to my live results.

Does your MT4 demo account has same results with your live MT4 account ?

Id be surprised if they were. Its a common practice for brokers to have very good results on demo MT4, but when you open a live, you get different results.

That’s interesting to know, I’ve switched off my live ZT account to do more testing.
I’ve been looking for SPs who are better at opening in the right direction, I noticed that there are SPs with good results but not necessarily good at opening a trade, they are just prepared to keep the trade open till its in profit.

Ive found an interesting post about a study one did on zulu 100% success providers. I paste it here cause it contains some interesting info that I feel a lot of readers will find useful.

I just completed a study of the very best, most successful 100% win systems on zulutrade. I only examined the records of systems rated in the Zulutrade top 500. The results did not surprise and perhaps will help those followers considering these incredibly tempting 100% systems. In the Zulutrade top 500 systems there were 31 with 100% wins. They had an average Draw Down of 64.5%. They had an average Max Draw Down of 5,830 pips. Keep in mind that these are the best systems and this is what you can expect as a best case scenario. The true numbers are much, much worse than this because hundreds of 100% systems have failed and fell out of the top 500. There is no way to tell how many were in the top 500 and failed. Rest assured that there many along the lines of F.O.T.W. (-23,000 pip D.D.) that crashed and burned holding onto losing positions.
There were 11 systems who made it between 20-30 weeks with 100% wins. They averaged a max. Draw Down of 61.9% and -6,432 pips. There were 14 systems who made it to 31-40 weeks with an average max. Draw Down of 64.9% and -4470 pips. There were 3 systems who made it to 41-50 weeks with an average max. Draw Down of 48% and -4,780 pips. Finally there were 3 systems who made it to 50 weeks+ with the 100% record still intact. They averaged a max. Draw Down of 88.3% and - 11,100 pips. Only one system has made it past 58 weeks…the longest surviving system has 75 weeks. There are NO SURVIVORS beyond that. In contrast there are 39 systems with LESS than 100% win rate (willing to take a loss) with 75 weeks or MORE history in the Zulutrade top 500. The longest running profitable system has 168 weeks under his belt.
My conclusion: It is a great ride while it lasts. No 100% system has made it past 1 1/2 years. Hmmm…wonder why? A major crash is just about inevitable with 100% systems and almost always occurs in less than a year. Anybody else hear that ticking sound…tick tick tick? So how to make money in Forex? Look for providers with a long profitable track record (Monthly PnL)…keep your lot setting low…don’t jump in and out…take the wins with the losses…stay in for the long haul…and most importantly don’t look for overnight riches! This is a marathon and not a sprint!

Nice post nick!

Well yes! It just confirms that there is no such thing as 100% success system, unless you have unlimited margin off course…
I also agree that a positive monthly PnL of more than 6 months is a good way to pick providers

Its interesting that you can now see ALL provider profiles that a provider ever had, even deactivated ones! I asked their support and they told me that they only show the deactivated ones that had even one live follower.
So if a provider has messed up many times and each time he closed this profile, you can now see it :cool:

Anything that offers better transparency works for me! :cool:

The fact that anyone can become a signal provider in zulutrade is an issue for me, so anything that offers complete transparency is for the best of us live followers!

All that you write is totally great, and transparency IS a major issue so the more the better; I just opened a demo with ZT, can you tip me with some best practices of yours? So far, I’ve chosen providers on their win % performance….do you think it is the best option? pls advise!!

Hi,
If I where new at zulu, id start with a demo and use follower’s performance to copy a live account’s portfolio.
Also, read through the thread to have an idea about zulu

yeah thread has been a major help! Also, great automode option for newbies -you just sets the meter on how much you are willing to risk and then the lots got multiplied for you based on historical performance. Not bad, especially if you don’t know much in this area…basically the system does everything for you - no need to think about any strategy or manual lot calculation :54:

So true! I counted 4 including shooting pips and sharper trade who closed with big losses from last week. From the comments left, a lot people got margin calls.