Zulutrade, anyone use this service?

True, but the only objection I have with the auto mode is that it only limits lots per trade and NOT open positions, meaning that even with low lots, if a provider changes his strategy or simply messes up, you risk your account being blown up!
I personally prefer the manual mode and to even set a custom stop based on analysis done in their history table.

True you are totally right, auto is good for the beginning ‘long-run’ it is better to control the positions…i experienced exactly what you described above and was noticing how the provider was going from pink to deeper colored and I could not do anything about, so from now on I am only on manual mode :28:

I signed up to see what it was all about. I wasn’t interested, but that didn’t stop them from spamming me like crazy!

Dude, what are you talking about? The system barely sends an one email each 2 days…Seriously I get more ‘spammed’ from Amazon and ebay that from my life acc with Zulutrade… afterall, you can always click on unsubscribe :wink:

That sounds like spamming…:49:

I guess you use different semantics when it comes to spamming :wink:

No semantics, an unsolicited email is spam :wink:

I can make you a print screen with the dates and the two emails/week that I am receiving from zulu and compare them to those from Amazon for all to see, but it is really not necessary since it is pretty common practice; let’s talk about much more important things like trading and pips gains and providers to follow and options to discover, than how we are spammed from who and when. I rest my case! :60:

Hello all, how is your trading going? care to share providers…I am following shooting pips, richter an best trader, very promising performance for the last couple of days :slight_smile:

Hello there zulutraders. I have an inquiry….Why do signal providers open multiple positions for a single pair ? I have configured my account to allow only 1 position from the same pair at a time. I did this in “advanced settings”, but with the maximum positions left as suggest. Do you thing this is OK ? Also, i’ve did a excel file with some calculations and put the optimal stop-loss in each. I suppose I am on the right track, don’t I?
Thanks.

Have you tried the alchemy settings yet? You can choose to follow some other follower performance – see they ROI analyzed, % wins and losses, worst/best trades, see the broker they are working with and be able to copy the settings of Signal Providers they follow it can help you a lot to decide your level of riskiness.

I am not sure if this has been covered or not in this thread, I have only read the posts since March of 2011. But does anyone have any real numbers on what people (or yourself) have actually made with ZuluTrade? For example has anyone been using it for 6-12 months and have some real in your pocket returns they are willing to share? I have been running some demo accounts for about a month now with mixed results, however the margin calls are getting less. I would just like to know how worth it is to open a live account? I know return depends on many variables, but to see some real numbers often puts it in perspective. % return is good, but a $ return would be better.

For example: “I opened a ZT account 9 months ago with a $1000 initial deposit. In 9 months my account has grown to $3456”. Testimonials like this would add a lot to credibility to the ZT platform.

I could say a lot about my account, but some may be considered to violate forum rules…this is why I prefer to give general advice, cause I think it helps more that way!

By the way, there is a new release out, some interesting charts have been added in the provider’s profiles, like the ranking chart, which shows the ranking course of a provider, but I like the max open trades chart a lot, which shows how many max open trades a provider has had in all his trading history!
Also, live accounts get a daily statement now, which shows open/closed trades, this was also something that was missing

Here’s my experience with Zulutrade.

When I first started with forex over a year ago, I opened a Zulutrade account as I didn’t know anything about forex at that time and I thought it would be great to just don’t do anything and let a professional make me alot of money… Well if it only was that good… ALOT of the providers at Zulutrade is not even close to be a professional (even if most of them claim to be) everyone can start a provider, even a person that never even heard about forex can! Also, many of the providers don’t use Stop-loss so a drawdown of 400 pips is not unusual. I lost around $1000 on a zulutrade provider that didn’t use a stop-loss, I was new and didn’t know what to do so I just let it go as I thought “well he knows that it will turn soon, otherwise he would’ve closed it” -1000 pips later and -$1000 later i figured that he did not have a clue what he was doing…

After that I wanted to get my money back so I deposited some more and started to use different providers, it started well and I gained some until next drawdown where I manually closed a position at -600 pips and lost around $100. Then I decided to NEVER use Zulutrade again as the providers did not care about there followers money at all.

Forgot to mention though, the providers I was using was in fact the top rated ones, what a joke right?

[B]My advice is to learn to trade yourself and don’t let anybody else trade your money as they don’t care if they lose them.[/B]

Did you check the new system updates? Now every provider has a weekly best and worst trade chart, ranking history and max open trades charts per provider, there is a straight indication who is a recess trader and who isn’t :wink: Also, live accounts are getting daily reports.

Pretty cool:) I like them a lot!! There is also a new option that came out today - open trade chart with the numbers of open trades per day. Above the number pops up a window with info on the amount of daily profit with the corresponding date and number of open trades. The stat goes back from the beginning of the trading history of the provider showing each time the provider opened a trade.

Prior to experimenting w/ ZT I started educating myself on Forex and utilizing a demo MT4 account. I am getting better at trading myself and building confidence that I sort of know what I am doing now. I am currently focusing on mid-term type entries on trending markets using the 4 hr. chart. I use 4 indicators to decide when to enter and when to exit. Back testing this method looks very promising, the proof is still to be determined.

One issue I take with ZT is that it seems you are always playing catch up based on some SP hitting your stop loss with several positions, or having your open positions drag down your equity. Seems every time I build a little equity in my demo account it takes a hit and draws down. Over time this draw down seems to slowly drain the account, but it is hard to tell since you can only run a 30 day demo.

Seems you stopped your quest for knowledge prior to the opening account sub-page. Demo can be rerun multiple times even on the same account. And as for the stop/loss run - this is taken care of the providers themselves - if one has little or none idea about trading forex, obviously should not indulge into too complex trading. You know that Zulutrade is linked with the MT4 trading of its brokers :wink:

My quest for knowledge never ends, just began 2 months ago and I do not want to jump into Forex without having a certain level of confidence built up. I have 10 ZT demos running right now (the max you can have with a single account) with various levels of success / failure. I know you can have demos that do not expire if you utilize an affiliate, but this is just one more level between my money (demo money) and the market. The more layers, the greater the chance of something going wrong. Yes, the SL is taken care of by the SP, but I have a custom one set at 250, the purpose is to avoid a margin call should the SP not have a SL in place and just lets the trade run until it goes back positive. Yes, ZT is linked to the MT4 trading of its brokers. Currently running a demo with Forex.com.

I am just not convinced of the safety and performance of ZT at this point. Perhaps time will change that.

I agree with some of your points that in the long-run, zulu might not be so successful, due to the fact that most providers tend to mess up so much once in a while, that it can be crucial for your live account!
Throughout all this time that I am trading live with zulutrade, I have found out that the most important factor to win is called AVAILABLE MARGIN and its proper management! All this ups and downs of providers can be dealt with if you have enough capital available and you use the right lot size!
I believe that trading with zulu with less than $5k (and micro!) has no point! The ideal size for me is around $10k and mini lots, using 2-3 providers, if you want to make some money, else its just pocket money, using micro lots! :wink:
With that kind of margin, you can easily sustain a loosing position, until it goes green, or have patience when a provider has his DD and wait until he starts winning again.
My personal account is rather large in USD and so far its going good (although it has suffered some high DD in the past), due to the fact that I have an advantage of having a large margin available.