Forex Growth Bot

Which top-performer EAs are you currently running on your live accounts? Am planning to buy at least 2 EAs by next week for demo tests till end of Jan 2012 before going live - you could save me the heartache of making the wrong choice, and possibly thrust me to great trading in 2012!

So, what are the news with growth bot lately?

"Which top-performer EAs are you currently running on your live accounts? Am planning to buy at least 2 EAs by next week for demo tests till end of Jan 2012 before going live - you could save me the heartache of making the wrong choice, and possibly thrust me to great trading in 2012!

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently
"
Smart fx technology probably.

Which top-performer EAs are you currently running on your live accounts? Am planning to buy at least 2 EAs by next week for demo tests till end of Jan 2012 before going live - you could save me the heartache of making the wrong choice, and possibly thrust me to great trading in 2012!

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I would say Smart FX Tech is the way to go. Check out the thread
http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/40349-smart-fx-technology.html

Hi Johnny
Besides Smart FX have you ever run a bot that is close to it in profits over the long run? Just curious I like Smart I will probably buy it soon but I also like your idea of an EA portfolio Happy and profitable trading!

I would recommend to anyone considering an EA to do their research. Check here on Babypips.com on the various forums and ask others about their experience. I would also go to FPA (Forex Peace Army) and see if it is being tested. If it is, review the statement and stats. Also read any reviews that might be posted as well as if it shows up on the Scam posting.

The ultimate decision, of course, lies with you. Get as much information about the EA and then decide. Here is something I keep posted over my desk:

[B]

Taking Action. Waste Little Time Talking and Spend Time Doing.[/B] No daily meetings. No hours spent in boardrooms. Millionaire mindset people take action. They know what they want and decide fast. They know time is money, and things are not going to happen by themselves. When confronted with a situation and a problem, it is dealt with asap. The longer it lies around, the bigger of a problem it gets.
This is not to say that Millionaire mindset people do not spend time planning. On the contrary. Millionaire mindset people are often the biggest planners I know. Coming up with ideas, new way to do this, other ways to automate that. They mostly do this in their spare time, and when things need to be done, they are done first.

Happy Trading!

Hey Folks.

Just curious what your current experience with FGB is.
I’ve read trough the last few pages and seen that the results have been like “just BE” or the the robot causes “harm” for a period of a whole week.
I’m far away from promoting any robot at all. But every trader is experiencing phases of DD, therefor I would not ditch a whole strategy. Give and take. The long term button line is important.

This robot somehow made me curios, because the results are posted all over and the number of trades does not seem excessive. Also it seems that it adds to winners. This is what’s important in my point of view - in general.

I just wonder if anybody is running the robot without interruptions. I mean if you pay $100 and start with a $250 account the loss is not nice to see, but won’t result in a personal bankruptcy either.

I know some might say why is this guy asking questions rather than taking $350 and make his own test. Yes, I could, but there is no reason if somebody shows me that there is good reason not to do so. It’s still $350 and I don’t like to burn money if it’s proven that this would be the result.

I’m also wondering if the posted results are from live or demo accounts. This also can make a nice difference in profit since on demo the spread is often lover or the commissions are not calculated within the results…

Anyhow: I’m looking forward to some input.

Best regards.
MikeFT

I switched it off. It wasn’t bad, but unless the market is trending strongly, you end up BE at best.

Another gripe I have with it, and a ton of other EAs, is that you don’t see what exactly the indicator inputs change in terms of trade selection. You don’t know WHY a certain number changes your entries/exits.

I have spent the past 2 months reading other people’s systems instead of focusing on EAs…which was a LOT more beneficial. If you pick an EA because you don’t have a lot of time to trade yourself, pick a system on the 4hr or daily charts…plenty of pips to make there. I adapted a system used for the 1min/5min charts to the 4hr charts, and now spend less than 30min a day glancing over charts. Also more profitable than the EAs I tried so far. And best of all, I can actually adapt my strategy depending on whether the markets are ranging or trending!!!

I don’t believe there’s a “do it all” EA that works for all types of markets.

You can probably become profitable by running a mix of EAs that “average out” though. But that also means you aren’t really in control…and it also means you’re making money from a market you might not really understand. What will you do if MT4 is suddenly not supported any longer? Hope someone will make a new EA?

Don’t be lazy!! Study and create your own system that works for YOU.

Also:

NEVER trust those backtest results you see on those sales sites!!! Any monkey with a bit of programming knowledge can create an EA that backtests well for certain market environments…doesn’t mean it’ll work in the future.

Thank you for the feedback. I 100% agree that somebody needs to trade manually. Sometimes an EA could be a nice add-on. This is why I’m curious.

Could you please clarify the above? What do you mean with inputs change? Do you mean the settings YOU can make to the EA? If so I would use the original settings, because if you want in any way put any trust in the developer you won’t change the “proven” settings. I made my own little test EAs and have been surprised how changing things which seem minor dramatically change the overall result. If somebody sells an EA and lets you decide the settings, that’s suspicious to me, BIG time!
I agree that it’s not nice not to be in control. But who would sell the source code of a commercial EA…

Anybody wants to discard FGB and give it to me? I’d like to evaluate, but don’t feel like spending money on it after hearing what you all say here. I’d be willing to pay my share: I’ll put the required minimum investment of $150 for a live account at risk and will post the results on myfxbook for at least 12 month or until margin call occurs.

Anybody interested to get rid of it and do something for the community?

Spend the money here instead - asirikuy dot com

you’ll get a number of equally good systems and the education in the practical aspects of trading them

I have no association apart from being a happy member

Is FGB still working for anyone?

Ive started using it on IBFX Australia broker (demo) and its taken a ton of losses and no wins.

thought it was my broker… tried using it on ThinkForex and Pepperstone (demo) and its starting to do the same…

Im using all default settings…

When I use backtesting for last 2 years… its very impressive…

Any advice?

actually i resurrected this ea. Aside from august and September its performance has been good.

this ea has around a 50/50 win rate but overall it does very well. I will keep my test going and let you guys know how it does.

btw asirikuy is good but it cost around $500

what are your settings JK?

Will FGB work okay with IBFX Australia or is it not really that broker dependant?

Hi Jonny,

Are you still running FGB ?

Read the website. It links to a blog where the creator states “[I]Up until now my only successful system-building venture had been the creation of the Sunqu trading technique which is able to generate positive trading results in simulations”[/I]

1 profitable system - in simulations ??? Why would you pay him money? for what??

He also states “[I]I will personally assist you in your quest towards automated trading system profitability.[/I]” ?? HOW?? Trading in SIMULATION ??

And he has QUOTE “[I]More than 30 hours of videos featuring extensive training on many important and relevant topics to automated trading and long term profitability in the forex market. Two new 20-30 minute video added every week.”[/I] But he only has 1 profitable system (in simulation) ???

SVUHMED you state you are a member, Have you learnt to make a profitable automated system yet ??
SVUHMED Can you enlighten us??

FGB up 20% on all my demo accounts today after being down alot last week!
IBFX AU, Think Forex and Pepperstone all about 20% gains over night on default settings.

will watch the rest of the week…

Super, thats great,

fgb is doing great. my settings are 5,60,2.0

moneyNVRsleeps maybe it would be a good idea to start your own thread.

Sorry Johnny, was being funny with the selling EA thing,lol ,

Keep up the good work,

In spite of the slightly angry tone (maybe I’m a bit sensitive) I will try and answer - I have a backtest running so I have a bit of time.

I find the site a good education in general aspects of system development and backtesting including some very good tools for portfolio testing which metatrader just does not do. I have seen the backtest results for the various systems and there are many more than one profitable system. I first came to it from reading about FGB on another forum. Teyacanani was mentioned as a similar system - it is profitable in 10 year backtest on eurusd.

On the down side the site owner is a little long winded and you do have to plough though a lot of video fluff to get the gems (Bruce Willis - “just the fax, Maam” does come to mind). The approach to system development involves looking for inefficiencies to exploit things that are often pair specific so many of the systems work well on one or two pairs only. In fairness this “weakness” is addressed - like many things in trading it’s swings and roundabouts - you gain in having higher yielding lower risk systems but this kind of system is less likely to last - you choose your poison to overdo the metaphors. From what I have read elsewhere I have a fundamental preference for systems that work across most timeframes and most instruments as they are more likely to last even though I give up yield in the process. I don’t see myself using any of the systems ultimately (possibly amachay which seems less instrument specific) but that does not mean it is not worth the money to me.

Is my opinion worth a damn. I am NOT a consistently profitable mechanical trader yet but I am getting there (I’m close, I think! The fact I am doing some consistent methodical backtesting and enjoying it is big progress for me) and I have seen and bought enough to be be good (not perfect) at telling snakeoil from the real thing - take what I say as you will. Asirikuyi has helped a lot in the journey. Was it worth the 160 bucks or whatever I paid - yes. Is it a turnkey fire it up and go to the beach package - no - I don’t think anything is. I think it was the Market Wizards guy who said that you have to find a system that fits you and if that is the case then no ea written by someone else will work for you - no matter how good.

I understand your pain - I go through it a lot. If you have not read Mark Douglas trading in the zone then do. If you have read it then read it again, because you have not got it yet. I recently started it again for the umpteenth time and for some reason this time I really get it - I’m not sure why I missed it before. Even if asirikuyi is a fire it up and go to the beach system (and it may be for you) if you don’t get (really get) what Douglas is saying then it won’t be any good to you.

Anyway, backtest is nearly finished - fingers crossed!