10 pips / day (NBoP)

TRO, I shoulda warned you…he bites :smiley:

Market is always emotional, and it’s true, the last weeks were chaotic without many signals. I pretty sure things will clear a little after this strong retrace of the USD.

Now let’s get back to today’s trade. GBP/USD did it again. Here’s the chart:

Perfect setup.
Entry: BUY 2 lots @ 1.7817
Time of trade 10-15 mins
Target hit: 1.7827

Profit for today: 10 pips x 2 lots x $10 per pip = $200

That’s all, now I’m going back to sleep :smiley:

Happy PIPpin’ !

Hello my friends,

I just want to leave a short line because I have to leave again and tell you that I didn’t abandoned the project “10 pips per day”, but at this moment market is ranging big time and I rather prefer to stay out or wait a perfect setup than lose money. Until now I didn’t see a perfect setup so I hope to see you soon with more pips added to daily profit.

Currently I’m developing a M5 strategy based on a Perfect Candle setup :smiley: and hope to share it with you soon because it already gives good signals and brings daily profit.

Happy PIPpin’ !

Hello again my friends,

It seems markets started to move a little since Buffet bought $5Bn of shares on Wall Street so I must thank him for this because we had another great trade today.

Here is the chart:

We are talking about GBP/USD, the pair that gives most of signals and profit on my strategy.

Entry: BUY only 1 lot @ 1.8471
Stop Loss: Didn’t have time to set it
Target HIT in less than 5 minutes.

Profit: 1 lot x 10 pips x $10 per pip = $100

Why I entered with only 1 lot ? Because there was no TL broken. I wanted to be careful and I was right. Break of RegChan and a 38.2% Fibonacci (draw in Daily) level.

GBP/USD ranged in the past days, but today that situation ended fast. Let’s hope more signals will follow next week.

Tomorrow is Friday so be careful, it will be very tricky.

Happy PIPpin’ !

Or was this a test to see who is paying attention? :stuck_out_tongue:

All out trading this stuff I guess, DOW down 500 points :eek:

Another question, what happened to “let your profits run” nobody mentioned that before, seems like a trailing Stop Loss would catch lot of the bigger runs like today? Why settle for 10 pips?

This is the strategy, these are the rules. You can adapt it and make your own rules.

Well. I just thought that sitting around watching all those 30 minute bar to form into the setup, then seeing the market drop away so quickly when the setup is successful… combined with the trading software available nowadays, quite easy to grab the required 10 pips, then trailing stop to grab some more…:wink:

Hello again my friends,

Today was a very spooky day in Forex but it came with some profit.

Trade of the day: EUR/USD

Here is the chart:

Signal @ 12.00 GMT when 2 EMAs crossed. 13.00 GMT price closed under the RegChan. 14.30 MACD turned down.

Entry @ 15.00 GMT with SELL order @ 1.3649 with only 1 lot
SL: never hit
Target hit in 10 minutes.

Profit: 10 pips x 1 lot x $10 per pip = $100

That was all for today.

Happy PIPpin’ !

System is very simple, filtered by other indicators, as follows:

• Timeframe: 30M
    [B]- 8 EMA (applied to Close) & 13 EMA (applied to Open)[/B]
  • Trend lines & Regression channels to help spotting intraday breakouts
    Filters:
  • 8 %R (levels -80 and -20 visible) over 13 RSI (applied to Open)
  • MACD (13, 21, 8)

First, I want to say thank you for sharing this valuable information. Second, this is my first time participating in the chat room, so here it goes!

I need clarification on one thing about your system, the rest I am more than comfortable with. With 8 EMA applied to the Close, and 13 EMA to the Open, do you mean the open/close of the candle, or is it applied to yesterday’s close and today’s open of the respective currency being traded?:confused:

You always apply EMAs to candles. The time or number just explains how many candles are in count.

Thanks for your reply. I’m not using this system exactly as stated, although, I’m having great success using pieces of it. For example, with swing trades, I still follow the EMA, but I don’t necessarily look for it to cross through a candle. If the EMA crosses and I see that “any” candle has closed outside of the average, I’ll place my order, moreover, I’m scaling in and out of position (3 at a time), looking for my last lot to be a “free” trade, to let it ride the trend as far as possible for bigger gains; the first two lot’s I try to breakeven. If I profit, then that’s even better, but if I can get to breakeven with the last lot as a free trade, ultimately, that’s my goal.

Greetings

I’d like to second ‘Piplikeme’s’ appreiation of your contribution Pipology.
I too was wondering about the EMA’s 'Open and Close’
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello my friends,

I’m sorry I was out during October but I saw the markets are moving chaotic and I decided to develop another strategy, a more aggressive one, for anytime or any chaos :smiley:

I watched the market to see how my strategy applies and I saw few signals during this month but not so valid, so I hope many people didn’t get fried.

Stay focused because in 2 days America Votes and markets will be very volatile.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and see you soon.

Happy PIPpin’ !

Hello Friend,

As you have told that you have made a strategy for trading. What is it you have not decribed her. I am also trading in forex sine 1 year and i trade with the my strategy called patience. I use my knowledge gathered and news updates and trade in my account.

Hi Pipology ,

I am trying out your method live, with onli 0.01 lot,

i entered a trade and took 10 pips.

I was wondering if my setup is correct? i’m using FXCM, and cant find linear regression channel, only got a line.

Followed your entry rules:

1. I place the trade when the candle was closed.
  2. when 8%R was about -20
  3. when MACD - 5th bar after MACD turned up from zero

am i correct with this setup??

followed ur format below:

Entry: 9:18AM GMT @1.57492 with 0.01 lot
Target 1.57592

Time of trade: took me 1 min to hit 10 pips :slight_smile:
Profit : 10 pips x 1USD/Pip = $10 USD

Whats the name of your system in FXtraderlink?

I would like to have a look at your performance history
Thanks

*P.s. PM it to me if its against the forum rules

woodenfootspa,

i am pretty sure that the system is actually called Pipology on the website that you mention…just like his username. i looked it up on the site you mention when I saw that in this thread a little while back. i get the impression that the system may be different than what he has talked about in this thread because when i looked at it a few weeks ago, it had only made 4 trades in several months of being released to that signal service website and we know the system he talks about in this thread has traded much more than that. but he had 100% wins on those 4 trades on that website. might be that it uses same method but even tighter rules for higher probability trading and just does not trade very often but when it does it has higher probability of success.

mods, just like woodenfootspa, i hope i did not break any rules…if i did of course feel free to delete my post.

pipology,

are you still trading this system or did that short market period convince you not to anymore?

well, if you are still trading it, are you going to continue updating this thread or is this thread dead and we need to only follow your new system in your new thread?

if this is the end of this thread, just want to say thanks for it, i do feel smarter having followed your updates.

woodenfootspa,

just checked again and his system on that website still has only 4 trades. all 4 of the trades were in august. no trades in september, october, or so far in november to date.