$2.74 To $2740 within 10 days

WOW that is very good profit… what fx system are you useing?

thanx Jay, appreciated

very good it amazing

Nah, not everybody’s a pro here by far, but guys like eremarket or Buckscoder have traded for some years now and are turning regular profits, as far as I can tell.

If you are looking for a way to trade without employing eight million confusing and contradicting indicators, you might want to have a look at Price Action Trading. Entering this term in the forum search box will result in some interesting and helpful threads (especially the one started by Nikitafx).
Googling it will lead you to various sites, many with free resources; no need really to pay for a course … most of it is available for free to the diligent searcher.

The best advice you’ll read in this forum (which, by the way, is far superior to any other forex forum I’ve found so far; so you’ve come to the right place to learn about trading) is of the sort ‘learn your stuff and don’t be greedy’.
Slow and steady does it.

Cheers,
O.

I know myself I am taking regular profits…and ya, i do this for a living… though my income isn’t nearly a “rich mans” income…it’s comparable to a decent wage of a lawyer in the U.S… so, it’s good money. I’ve been trading since 2005 tho, and profitable since 2008/9

I’m also sure bucks makes decent money, but he has not been trading as long.

Anyway, ya…O’s right. learn your stuff. don’t be greedy. check out my two biggest threads on here for a good idea of how i trade and how i take profits and move stops, etc.

hope this helps!

Jay

Hehe, so I’m probably holding the record … started in 1991, long before online trading made things much more comfortable. Trading by phone is pretty cumbersome business, compared to MT4 or a good webtrader, with which one can even trade straight from the chart.

O.

Oh ya…no doubt, your the grandpa here!

I know RC had been trading for many years (RCarter) tho he’s not posting up much around here anymore, and it’s a shame too, because he was a pretty good trader, no doubt.

I basically do trade straight from a chart a fair amount of the time. I’d say about 1/2 of my trading is almost exclusivly chart based analysis. This was very comfortable for me when I started in 2005…tech was good enough to provide great charting.

Man, 1991? LoL… I was 11!

Not to rub it in or anything :stuck_out_tongue:

Jay

Well you sure don’t mind giving you age away!!! LOL!!! That being said: I used to know someone who connected via a dial-up modem to the USA to get prices but still had to place orders by phone. The sad part: back in those days I’ll guarantee you that this business was a lot more honest and honourable than it is today. In those days: you’d buy a stock WANTING (and hoping I guess) that the stock would GO UP and that the company would do well and be prosperous. NOWADAYS: you can just as easily short a stock and ‘hope to goodness’ that the company gets close to having to close its doors (and does just as long as you’ve taken your profits out just before that happens)!!! LOL!!! And FOREX is no different. I’ve still got shorts on EUR/USD based on Adam Theory (testing) and I’m hoping that Europe is going to dissapear under the sea although in my case I’d have a problem given that my money is in Bulgaria!!! Talk about being ‘between a rock and a hard place’!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hehe, my age is in my username anyway … in 1991 I was 23. :slight_smile:
By ‘trading straight from the chart’ I meant not even having to type Entry/Stop-Loss/Take Profit into the GUI, but rather just mark the prices right on the chart and have the trade executed from there … pretty cool, although I haven’t used it so far.

And yes, trading was more honest than it is now … the downside were position sizes: 1 lot minimum, and even my average position size of 1-5 lots was regarded as ‘hobby trading’, not to be taken seriously, lol.
I remember it took some convincing for my bank to even accept my deposit, which would be called ‘huge’ by today’s retail forex trading standards.
Things have surely changed a lot over time … to the better, I think. Having the chance to start with a few thousand bucks to learn properly and yet have the ‘real money at stake’ feeling is very valuable.

Cheers,
O.

I ‘walked into that one’ too now didn’t I i.e. I’m OLDER THAN YOU (1965)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

hehe, yes, I know … your profile used to say ‘Age 46’ … but I guess you’ve changed settings. :smiley:
And judging from BC’s avatar and some of his posts, I think he has about 15-20 years on us: he said his avatar shows him with his first ‘PC’, the RAM wonder of 1981. He looks to be mid- to end-twenties on that pic, and it’s been 30 years ago.

I don’t know about “honest” dale… If I remember my homework, something about Milikin, junk bonds, insider trading, 1980’s… hmm…

Now, if you mean “easier to trade long based directional strategies” - ok, sure. i’ll go with that.

but, i could equally argue that today it is easier to trade "unbiased long and short swing or day trading strategies"
And in THAT case…i’m thrilled about trading these days (which, consequently, I am!)

Markets evolve, some strategies are more effective now, some are just as effective as the were then, and others are simply worthless now.

I personally I have a strategy that works long and short, in just about every market, and has so for years and years. (forever? probably)

but, at any rate, one is required to be more flexible and more nimble now. Perfect! suits me great :slight_smile:

Jay

Insider Trading is still more ‘honest’ AND ‘honourable’ than is stop hunting using variable spreads as the ‘justification’ by some young ‘dealer’ who knows nothing about the busines of trading other than when to ‘click the mouse’!!! LOL!!!

As for the rest of your post:

My main trading system is also a ‘true stop and reverse’ or ‘always in’ trading system BUT, and probably for the same reason that I made my comments, I’ve DEFINITELY always had a ‘long bias’ i.e. I find it ‘psychologically challenging’ to go short. Go figure. LOL!!! I’ve ‘improved’ though but only in the past year or so to be honest.

‘More flexible and nimble’??? Didn’t I just tell you how old I am??? LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I just realised something.

After this post I’ve got two to go and I’ve got 4 000 posts: 3 000 of which are probably ‘cr*p’. But be that as it may (and I’m not bragging here I assure you): what happens at 4 000??? I mean: does some type of ‘secret door’ open or does something go ‘poof’ or what??? LOL!!! A ‘prize’ maybe??? (I DO remember ‘nothing’ at 3 000 i.e. sat watching for HOURS to see if anything ‘happened’ but NOTHING. NADA.)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Well, a 25% ratio of ‘valuable’ posts is pretty good in my book, keeping in mind that this is a forum (meaning it has a social function, i.e. a ‘fun factor’, too) and not an ‘education only’ site.
I’m not sure what’ll happen once you’ve reached 4000 posts, but I’m positive that at 5000 there’ll be fireworks. :smiley:

O.

Well let’s see …

What happens …

Hello World …

Edit:

NOTHING!!! LOL!!!

a good money management strategy will definitely help for rapid growth

Speaking of fireworks: I’m watching the ‘drama’ in this thread.
It’ll be interesting to see how this’ll end … even though I must admit I’m pretty sure of the outcome.
Maybe I’m just a terrible cynic, but it’s kinda hard for me to believe in somebody’s golden heart, making an EA into which he has put a lot of effort (and surely some money) available for free.
Also, this thing doesn’t look too ‘simple’ to me … quite a lot of indicators, something I’ve never been fond of.
Lastly, I find myself disagreeing with anaidafxworld’s statement that quote ‘ADX indicates the Volume or the liquidity in the market’ unquote. VSA tries to do that, while ADX merely displays trend strength (a tool of questionable value, IMHO).

Cheers,
O.