30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

i’m still long cable from the weekly pattern last week, have been +250 pips, now +21 lol

has pulled back on me so many times now, it’s been a killer. looks like this time there will be no escape. oh well, am trading to my plan so not much i can do, but still a little dissapointing.

Hi Modo! nice trade…took it myself for 31 pips…may i ask why the 4 sets of fibs…the third one is A to D for finding TP1 ,but why the other set…thanks:)
im reffering about your EUR/USD trade from yesterday…cheers

Hi Speculant,

I had an extra set of fibs because I used two X points.

this is not valid according to tmb rules as B pt has not retraced .236 XA, but it’s something i’m watching due to possible trendline support

Hey everyone, I am relatively new here and I just read a really interesting article and I wanted to share it. This article totally started to get me thinking about money management more, I have been following nial fuller for some time… he is a bit of a contrarian in all aspects and he tends to disagree with risking 2% per trade, he has his own thoughts about money management. Here is some of a recent article he posted:

“The power of risk to reward comes in with its ability to effectively and consistently build trading accounts. We all hear the old axioms like “let your profits run” and “cut your losses early”, while these are well and fine, they don’t really provide any useful information for new traders to implement. The bottom line is that if you are trading with anything less than about $25,000, you are going to have to take profits at pre-determined intervals if you want to keep your sanity and your trading account growing. Entering trades with open profit targets typically doesn’t work for smaller traders because they end up never taking the profits until the market comes swinging back against them dramatically. (I think this is very important, go back an re read that last sentence)”

If you want to read the rest of the article here it can be found over at Nial’s website under the “Forex Articles” tab, here is the link: Forex Trading Money Management - An EYE OPENING Article » Learn To Trade

I really liked Nial’s alternate take on MM because so much of what I have heard is just the same stuff over and over. Thought this might help some people.

Thanks Trader2000, looking forward to reading this. Most of my reading these days is into MM and position sizing. I feel I could make big improvements in this area, but am playing very conservative until I have a bigger sample.

This trade worked well, but I’m not sure if it was due to the pattern. Toyed with the idea of going for .50 AD, but ended up settling for .382 or 35 pips. Not great, but better than a loss.

I’m looking at this possible ucad short, but am not sure if it’s safe to sell this pair. Up trendline is strong, but the tepid recovery in crude (and commodities in general) has me interested.

If anyone has a longer timeframe (short) pattern as a means of additional top down confirmation I would be really grateful.

Nevermind, this is now invalid.

I got this on the 4 hour, might be a tad late but only just saw your post.

Looks like better convergence at the 1.272 and 2.00 so it might climb up some more before it drops. Other than that this pattern isnt the cleanest so not sure how reliable this is gonna be…

Euro/Gbp showing patterns on daily

Hourly we have a new pattern forming back to back with another gartley.

Think im gonna trade this on a lower time frame. Let me know what you think.

Comment pls

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

An AB=CD Pattern fininsh on a confluence of fibs, take a alook:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

haha, duchas, i have both of these, have taken the euraud -56 pips, working 26 bid for eurusd, just missed them fark!

ok, well i just got set in the euro at 26, with 01 stop

Check this out for a terrible trade. Rubbish pattern, not an extreme X, classic case of me fitting the pattern to my beliefs/expectations.

Luckily I only took a half position or 0.25%, but the fact that I was not willing to take a full position should have been enough to tell me that this was not a quality setup.

Really bad trading.

Possible sell Gartley on EUR/JPY 30 min. Looks like the price have slowed down abit with some more bullish canddles and the fib convergece nicely with a pivot. If the price makes it to the D this pattern might be a good one :slight_smile:

//Chris

good call chris! too bad I wasnt up at that time, seems to be showing these patterns alot on this pair so i’ll be waiting for the next one today.

Hey does anyone know what the outcome of trading this setup on a friday is? Does TMB trade fridays???

I think he said he only trades a really perfect setup on fridays or else he satys out :slight_smile:

Still i made 40 pips on the cable today :slight_smile:

//Chris

Just curious - what time-frame did you have your pattern on?

We struggled this week - 2 losses and no winning trades. Only using 60 minute and 30 minute charts with yen, euro, Sterling and USD. Not a good start to our live trading.