30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Thanks for the SS to use as reference. Hopefully that will give me a better perspective on things. I might load up Camtasia here soon and start some videos as you already have. I always learn more by trying to teach others. Thanks again.

As promised earlier, here are the trade results for the month of April. Please note that we did not fully follow the system posted on the thread until around day 2-3 of the month. See Attached

Closed Trades
42 Positive
14 Negative

Total Trades: 56
Trade Percentage: 75% positive closed trade ratio.

Account
Starting Balance: $4,865.27
Trading Commission: -948.00
Rollover Fee: -6.06
Ending Balance: $16,497.67

Monthly Investment Return = 239%

AVG Weekly Investment Return = 59.75%

AVG Daily Investment Return = 7.966%

April_Trades.pdf (34.1 KB)

If you are looking at a bullish Gartley does D have to be lower than B?

Iā€™m such a newbie but what is trading commission?

Well done on your 239%!!!

Amazing TMB! I read online that gartleys historically have a 70% - 75% probability of working out. Looks like that is right in line with the month you just had.

Great going TMBā€¦ā€œ239%ā€ Excellent!

Nice work TMB!!!

I put a sell limit order in on eurjpy about an hour ago for 131.22, target of 130.92 just before I left for work. Now looking at some online charts I see that it hit the trigger, and the t/p for +30 :slight_smile:

However, it seems like the rug might get pulled out from under us. :frowning:

According to some new NFA rules about hedging, there is a new FIFO rule for orders, and pending orders (limit & stop orders) may not be allowed anymore because they conflict with this new rule. Those order types are what MT4 uses, and in FXCM they are just called ā€œEntryā€ orders so not sure what is all means reallyā€¦lolā€¦hopefully all it means it that maybe MT4 will have to rename the orders types, and not mean that we canā€™t use pending orders anymore cause that would really be a bummer.

You can follow the interpretation progress of this new ruling here on babypipsā€¦301 Moved Permanently

:cool:

Iā€™m proud of you young manā€¦ I just wanted to add a few charts of some trades that Iā€™m in.

Keep up the good work, talk to you soon.

-C

I just got Marketscope 2.0 but I cant figure out how to post pictures? I see a really good 5 min trade I want to share with you guys:rolleyes:

I never used a stop order for any of the trades I conducted this month (all where visual stops). Now the whole thing about not being able to use limits is really ridiculous. If this does end up happening, that will definitely up the scale of fear in the markets. In effect probably creating a lot more patterns for us to trade. All in all, a rumor is just a rumor and I hope that this one was just some bad joke or misunderstanding.

Nice patterns and thank you, I traded that Pound drop last night and got out at -2 pips thinking it wold be a fake out lol (Yadi got scared because of the SSD heh). I caught the drop on the EURO/JPY though :rolleyes: Right on the wick like a ā€œreal manā€ lol.

Noā€¦lolā€¦ in MT4 ā€œstopā€ orders donā€™t have anything to do with a stop loss settingā€¦lol. Basically, ā€œstop ordersā€ in MT4 are preset to open at a price in anticipation of a break of support or resistance, and conversely ā€œlimit ordersā€ are preset to open at a price in anticipation of a bounce of support or resistanceā€¦this method is the latter.

Itā€™s was confusing at first when I switched to FXCM because both these order types are called ā€œEntryā€ orders, and ā€œLimitsā€ refers to take profitā€¦:rolleyes:

You have to press Ctrl + Prnt Scrn keys ā€¦(using Alt or Shift with Prnt Scrn will also work but one of them will only capture the active window vs your whole screenā€¦canā€™t recall which does which as the moment) ā€¦to get a screen capture (copy).

Then use whatever graphics program you haveā€¦your standard issue Paint program works fine and ā€œpasteā€ (Ctrl V) it in it.

Then crop/modify the pic and save it to your hard drive, and finally upload it to babypips as an attachment.

Its a hassle but apparently the only way according to FXCM when I asked if there was a better way.

:slight_smile:

Just curious as to your charting software. I see some great tools, and small additional indicators that can really help paint a picture. Also the overlays and fibs look great without looking like a heap of clutter. Just curious as I like to seek whatever edge is available assuming it comes at a reasonable price.

thanks for this great thread tmoney and all the other contributors, I had a question as to what charting program u use. Oanda doesnt offer much options in terms of fib.

Hey kia4ever,

Youā€™re absolutely right, I use Oanda also to execute trades and itā€™s horrible for charting. The fib tool doesnā€™t even show numerical percentage levels!

I do all my charting in metatrader (MT4). You can get a free demo account through FXPro (dot) com. It never expires. Iā€™ve never placed a trade with FXPro, real or demo, but having the free MT4 is great. It even saves your charts when you close the program.

Hi Ogna!!! Beside the option Sweet pip already posted I have another one.
Print screen as Sweet pip stated before.

Open an account in photobucket

Once in your account upload your image in that site.

Once you have it saved, copy the link that says IMG in the babypips post youā€™re writing and there youā€™ll have a bigger version of your charts.

Hope to see your charts soon!

Regards.

P.S. If you have further questions Iā€™ll try to answer them.

Nice work!!! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Hello everyone, today I was looking at an AUD/USD 5 min chart and I saw a Gartley. (I would have posted pics earlier but I couldnā€™t figure out how lol)

I entered at .886 fib and I made 20 pips on the 5 minute chart! :smiley:

Thank you TmB for recommending FXCM I really like them Iā€™m thinking of opening a micro account in the next few weeks with them :slight_smile:

Cheers

A quick 30 for ej just half hour ago or soā€¦bearish butterfly on the m5ā€¦

Gotta go for the next few hoursā€¦playoffs time with the Canucksā€¦Go Canucks Go!!!