30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

[QUOTE=naughtypip;200757]Luckily, I held on to my failed patterns

This sounds pretty bad to me.

inspira, your fib levels need to be set for this method as follows:

These are the only levels that should be used for convergence. :slight_smile:

Thanks naughtypip, I admit I do enjoy a spot of fib fishing!! :smiley:

While I agree that numbers like .5, 1.5 arenā€™t strictly harmonic as some of the others, I still use them if only to complement a potential setup. In this case, the 1.5 and 2.618 lined up nicely with prior S/R.

Iā€™m not super strict with some of the fib ratios and symmetry, and I believe this method does have scope for personal adaptation. That said, Risk Reward always comes first for me and if the setup offers at least a 1:1.5 RR ratio I will look at it.

Maybe just semantics but I donā€™t agree with this either, or the tenet of ā€˜Never give up on a tradeā€™ā€¦ recipe for disaster at first thought.

Iā€™m not sure if what Naughtypip was trying to say is that they ā€˜scale inā€™ which is what I do. And it probably seems contradictory at first.

The great thing about this method is it offers a well-defined area or zone of entry (PRZ) and stop placement, allowing precise RR calculation. I agree with Scott Carney (Harmonic Trading book), who defines a Potential Reversal Zone around the D point with convergences for entry as discussed earlier.

I highly recommend this free ebook, a bit more advanced than Pesaventoā€™s book IMHO.

When i say ā€˜I held onā€™, i dont mean I stayed in the trade, my failure points are determined before I even enter the trade via my stops. After I was stopped out I waited for the patterns to reach the more extreme levels of convergence, and re entered.

[quote=ā€œnaughtypip,post:3476,topic:21540ā€]

oh good, if itā€™s to your plan then play on, just didnā€™t read too well

As promised here is a word doc with pretty much every post from Tmoneybags.

Its 117 pages long but a lot of it is Chart images so dont be put off.

Originally I was going to break this down into a more readable format but I feel that people will make their own conclusions from the information gathered if it is left untouched.

So if you havent read the whole thread then this will hopefully be very useful, iā€™ve tried to include any relevant posts from other forum members that tmoney has replied to. Its in chronological order so it should hopefully flow from the basics of the method to more indepth stuff etc.

Zippyshare.com - Important stuff by Tmoney.doc

wow, employee of the month! thanks naughtypip

Cheers for that Naughtypip. Will grab it when I get home from work.

Looking on this one on EURJPY 30 min, nice convergence also with a daily pivot. Some really bearish movements in the CD leg about 3 hours ago but the price have slowed down abit, might be a good one :slight_smile:

//Chris

Nice, thanks man!

//Chris

Thanks Chris, i just bought eu at 59 on a 3 push patten and bullish butterfly, and uj at 58 as i just missed my 52 limit, long ej could be nice

actually, i closed the eu for 7 pips lol

[quote=ā€œnaughtypip,post:3476,topic:21540ā€]

Thanks for clarifying naughtypip, thought it was something like thisā€¦
The exact same thing happened with my Gold trade yesterday. :slight_smile:

And many thanks for compiling the thread, above and beyond! :cool:

I bought the EU as well Modo, exact same level you did on the butterfly. I can roughly see the 3 drives (?) but itā€™s not a pattern Iā€™m used to yetā€¦ doesnā€™t look very precise to me, plus my feed may be different to yours? :slight_smile:

Not sure why you exited though, looks nice to me, RRR good at > 1:2 and good convergence. I will give it till Wed end of US or Thurs Asian session to play out if it does.

I thought of posting this later but as you trade the pair ill post the pics. Both on USDJPY

First 4hr

And 30 min

The convergence i think you are trading is good, but i only trade when it convergence with a pivot also. My thought is that the price might move for the larger pattern on the 4hrs and mabey you should look for a smaller profit on the 30 min? Do as you like just wanted to give you the info :slight_smile:

//Chris

[QUOTE=inspira;200800]I bought the EU as well Modo, exact same level you did on the butterfly. I can roughly see the 3 drives (?) but itā€™s not a pattern Iā€™m used to yetā€¦ doesnā€™t look very precise to me, plus my feed may be different to yours? :slight_smile:

Not sure why you exited though, looks nice to me, RRR good at > 1:2 and good convergence. I will give it till Wed end of US or Thurs Asian session to play out if it does.

i got out because i because i hadnā€™t done a thorough analysis and entered a little on impulse. also want to be buying dollars on the offchance that they yuan actually depreciates and catches ppl on the wrong foot, hence long uj preference

And 30 min

Thanks Chris, I took the 30 min as per my earlier post, but agree the downtrend is still in tact and chances are the 4 hr is hit.

Iā€™m really playing for the yen flight to safety bid to fall over, but thatā€™s a one in a million chance.

I hope it will work out good for you, im waiting to entry the EJ :slight_smile: we will see how that goes :wink:

//Chris

i probably left this party early, but it felt good to get 90 pips out of the pair that smashed me monday morning.