30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Come on people! Don’t let our little community die!

Getting a bit battered in work lately. Still around!

NZDUSD 30 min charts which worked out. Didn’t have time to post it earlier. One of the few patterns that have actually reached their formation points. Everything else I’ve drawn lately hasn’t even formed. Things have been pretty choppy I guess.

Ya was going to say is it just me or has the past week and a half been tough for technical trading?

Yup, suppose that’s how things go sometimes. We’re in the middle of some pretty tumultuous times so to be expected I think.

tell me about it. Until last week, i had a great 1 month. Now i cant even keep even. Thank god im still trading demo account.

Sorry guys been busy with work, and after this week ill be gone and travelling, but after that ill be back on track and hopefullt posting more charts then ever :smiley:

//Chris

AUD/USD 4hour

USD/JPY with multiple possible D points. The second one at around 88.00 seems to be the best bet with a long term support/resistance there.

EUR/GBP 4 Hour. Still a ways off.

Thanks for these Pete. I’m keeping an eye on this aussie daily pattern.

Hey All,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a charting software in other markets (NYSE, commodities, etc) that allows fibonacci plotting the way Marketscope or MT4, for example, do?

I’m not looking to be ridiculed for looking at something other than FX but am just looking to see exactly how universal Gartley patterns are.

I have been following the thread from a distance and still using these patterns in my trading, glad to see the community still moving forward and even growing!

Good luck to all!

racerdude777

I wont post the link because I think it is against forum rules but google “THINK OR SWIM” its not hard to find.

EU 1hour. Dont think this one will hit, but you never know. I dont know if the Euro will have the steam to make it back to 1.30

There is a potential ABCD in GBP/USD 4 Hour with the D at ~1.5620 - don’t have my charts in front of me so can’t be completely accurate. Like Pete with the EUR/USD I’m not sure if the momentum is there to bring the price up in the required timeframe.

To be honest I’m not finding enough of these patterns lately. I’m not a big fan of drilling down into the really low TFs to dig them out on a more regular basis as there’s too much noise in those TFs for me. And on the longer TFs most of the potential patterns have not reached the initial formation stage for the past while. Perhaps that’s reflective of the amount of market chop at the moment but it signals to me that I need to look at some other method.

Also, the rules around entry / exit appear pretty subjective to me when it comes to these patterns. Ok, I know it’s 30 pips and out but on the longer TFs you would think there’s more scope to let your profits run a bit - especially if you’ve been waiting quite a while for your pattern to actually arrive. However any exit points are quite subjective once we move past the 30 pip territory.

I’ve been taking a look at Tymen’s trend trading thread and things are a lot more defined. Took a chunk of time to get through the 400+ pages of posts but it’s an educational read. Maybe I need to do some more reading up on the Gartley / Butterfly patterns to get more concrete rules but for now I’m concentrating on the Bollinger DNA method and will keep these patterns as secondary trades as and when they appear.

pretty crude trendline, but i’m watching this on the cadjpy h8

this on the eu daily, but the B point does not reach .236 AD, which probably makes it invalid. still, i’ll be watching pa in this area.

There is a current EURUSD bearish 1.00XA Gartley at 1.03270.

Tanks for the information. It is interesting trading on the Aussie.

I wish I could find a good low spread Aussie broker.
The best I found is about 6 pips spread.

What is your broker? The trading chart look very nice.

• Santacruz :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Santacruz,

6 pips is a lot for the aussie if it’s a fixed spread broker. You might want to try Oanda. I don’t use them personally, but last time i checked they had pretty good spreads. They blow out before news and during less liquid hours, but this is a good indicator as to when you should not be trading imo.

Oh, and my broker is FXCM. Spreads aren’t the best, but there is more to a broker than spreads (within reason), especially if you are not high frequency trading.

h8 D on this pattern was respected to the pip, possible entry here on the 15 min. bullish candles into D a concern.