30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hello,

Im new on forex - 3 months max :slight_smile: But got soooo addicted to it (even on demo account). My self learning course started with Babypips.com + mt4, then i try to find holy grail on idicators (1). Then i tryed moving averages (2) (i know its indicator, but that was my second kinda try to undestand what is going on). Then i found nice book Steve Nison JAPANESE CANDLESTICK CHARTING TECHNIQUES (3). So far 3 > 1+2.
Still iā€™m not happy what im doing with my demo account.
Last week or 2 I was reading a book LARRY PESAVENTO LESLIE JOUFLAS Trade What You See.
Then i tryed to use an indicator ZAPā€¦
At the end of my trip i tryed to draw the harmonic pattern (4) by my selfā€¦
I think i draw a Bearish butterfly on 1h aud/usd.
Got a feeling, that if you combine 4 + 3, should be nice combination for trading
(Canā€™t attach the immage) :frowning:

It is amazing to see your progress over the 2 1/2 years that you have been working on refining your strategy with harmonics. I remember those initial skype conversations about who you wanted to be and how you wanted Forex to fit into your life. It seems you sought that dream and made it a reality. I am very impressed and glad to have been there in the beginning. Hope the wife and kid are good. Keep it up man. You are an inspiration to me.

Eric

For all of you who are new to this thread, I suggest going over every post starting from page one. The majority of the question that you haveā€¦ are answered throughout the thread various times with varying examples. In addition, baby pips has advanced search options that allow you to ā€œpin pointā€ exactly what you need. In other words please take advantage of this tool to enhance your learning curve.

Hello TMoneyBags,
I read your posts, tried your method, watched your videos and Iā€™m actually learning how to spot a Gartley 222 or a Butterfly that is forming. I can only trade in the evening, after work, and Iā€™m in CET time.
I spotted these two Gartleys. Could you be so patient to give me your feedbacks? Are they good?

The first I think that is a nice pattern, completed and tradable. Do you think that i drew it right?

Is that one a failed Gartley or something like that?

Have you got any suggestions about the best trading hours? Iā€™m trading from 6.30 pm CET, is it a good time to trade in your experience?

Always choose a extreme price point for X. TMB states this many times throughout the thread. I suggest you read through the wealth of information in this thread again, if you havenā€™t read through it twice.

i guess I am on this journey with 10pipseverday. I have found my calling. Harmonics. How thought drawing a bunch of triangles on a chart could make you money. Two months to master the charts. Lets go 10pipseverydayā€¦are you on twitter?

Hi TMoneyBags

Congratulations for sticking it out and making it to be a full time trader! Also thanks for staying with this thread.

I am new to the gartley method and have read this thread with great interest. I have also read the book you suggested at the begining, and recommend everyone new to this system to do so.

I think I had a perfect bearish gartley setup on the five min Euro chart today. I would be very grateful for your opinion on this because my target was 30 pips. However, after my point D was hit, (absolutely perfect hit) the price went down, but did so fairly slowly.

Then, just before (I mean painfully JUST before) hitting my target, the price retraced and I moved my stop loss to take a min 10 pip profit rather then loose ALL that I had gained.

As soon as I got stopped out with my 10 pip profit, a massive swing, smashing right through my original target! AAARRRRGH!

So my question is, in your opinion, how do you manage this sort of scenario? I have attached an image of the setup.

Thanks again for your posts!

Another great setup I traded. This one seems to be much clearer and worked without a retracement ā€¦ gained 50 pips from this one: (the one above was part of this bigger setup) :smiley:

Hi, to anyone reading this thread and considering trading this method, I have been using this system for the past two weeks and as long as you stick to the rules, you can seriously collect pips as simply as you breathe!

The book tbags has recommended earlier in the thread by Larry Pessavento, ā€˜trade what you seeā€™ is an absolute must! Great trade management concepts.

Yesterday I collected 90 pips on the euro-NYK session. But could have easily got more! My problem is not pulling out of loosing trades quick enoughā€¦ So trying to tighten up the discipline. Also the book shows, very explicitly how to recognize a trend day, this is extremely important, as on these days, you MUST only trade with the trend.

Will keep anyone interested of progressā€¦ Would love to hear any advise from some veterans, ESP tbags himself!

Never give up and in the end you will reach that light at the end of the tunnel!

Inspirational

It really is. I am about half way through the book taking notes and applying the concepts to the charts. On page 7 of this thread and canā€™t stop reading.

My only request is that for anyone who wants to ask a question on this thread please due your best to ensure the question has not been asked already in the nearly 500 pages of this thread. There is a wealth of information in this thread and I would hate for something to happen to this thread.

Sorry, I couldnā€™t link this to your previous reply because iā€™m a newbie and I need at least five posts to link a messgeā€¦

Thanks TBags! Love it! is this all just trading purely Gartley and butterfly setups only? Or do you also combine other strategies?

I am looking forward to the day I achievie that sort of result!

Well the following Quote explains and illustrates how I trade nowā€¦ simply apply this long term concept to the smaller time frames and that is the key ;). Unfortunately I cannot thoroughly explain our new techniques through this threadā€¦ but on the upside I have shared it with certain members from the thread whom I have noted dedicationā€¦ such as ā€œCashdemonā€. These results where achieved trading with him and other members from our trading team.

Hey TMoney, good to see your still on this thread helping people out. I was just wondering, since your trading large amounts 600k etc and your using FXCM, roughly how far apart are your positions being split in pips ? 1 pip 2 pip ??

Cheers
Dan

the spreads vary but theyā€™re usually a low of .5 - max 5 pips and an avg of 1.5 for the common pairs.

By the way, Iā€™m heading to London this weekend for the LSE Strategy & Management Consulting Conference 2011 After party and will be staying there for 7-14 days let me know if any of you are around that area or attending :slight_smile: Cya.

Hi I am in London, please let me know when you are here, I will come to meet you if you have time.
Thank you

Hey TMB, your coming to london ā€¦ nice ! Yeah i also live in London. let me know the details of the party. I guessin its invite only. Although i have a number of friends who go to LSE and might be attending.

Also are you now trading mainly longer timeframes. E.g. trading off the weekly or do you still trade the 15m charts mostly ?

Cheers
Dan

TMoneyBags I wish I could get a mentorshipā€¦ you make it seem so easy but I know it is really hardā€¦ Having you help me will really reduce my learning curve.

Hey TMB,

I have been following the thread for quite some time now and Iā€™ve just gotten the Larry Pesavento and Leslie Jouflas book.

Is it that am late to enter or that the pattern are no longer strong in their effects?

Iā€™ll like you to issue me instructions for strategy build up and wouldnā€™t mind if I receive that in my mail like some kinda lectures.

Iā€™ll be glad if you reply me through my mail.

Thanks and youā€™re marvelous with regards to trading using this strategy!