30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Congrats :slight_smile: - Iā€™ll be on after new years. Keep up the good work!

AUD/USD Gartley worked like a charm! My first ever Pattern Trade BTW! Very happy!

Got the GBP/USD as well.

60 pips for the day!

Any critique or criticism regarding these potential trades?

Beautiful (i think) Bearish Butterfly on hourly on AUD/USD. Funatmental note, once the US sort out their fiscal cliff crap, AUD will probably rise and form a nice D

It looks like your x point could be more extreme. Iā€™m not sure what that might do to the d point, but it may work out. Iā€™m ready for the Aussie to turn too.

Happy New Year Baby Pips

Thereā€™s a Gartley finishing up on the Eur/Jpy H1.

Hit 30 pips exactly.

Bah, I used the wrong B and C levels.

My B & C legs must have been different to yours.

I used the B as the first minor dip at 0.236, i should have used the 0.5 retracement for B, which gives a gartley at about 113.84

On the chart I drew, i have a gartley at about 113.56

What to you think of the this upcoming bullish gartley on the 1H chart GBP/CHF?

possible pattern here? 6 pip difference between 261.8 and 61.8. The 3-4 leg looks steeper than 1-2 leg.

hey djhenry1981, I drew the same pattern on my computer and I see a better confluence at 200 and 61.8. Actually, my chart looks a bit different than yours using mt4. Fellow traders, is this something that has already been discussed on this thread?

I want to post a link to imageshack but I need to post 3 more times apparently before I can. sorry

Iā€™m certainly no expert, but on my chart the B doesnt quite make a .236 retracement, misses it by a few pips. I assume it invalidates it? Someone with more knowledge will know.

Thatā€™s wierd, mine shows 8 pip difference at that level when the chart is in Ask mode (which is what TMB recommends for a bullish trade), however when i switch into Bid mode, i get almost perfect convergence at 0.618 & 2.00 at the 1.47923 mark. I think iā€™ll leave the trade as is, iā€™m only using demo atm, I keep screwing it up lol

I think my reply got erased.

Yeah, my B on that pair is off by 3 pips. I donā€™t think the pattern is invalidated if it doesnā€™t reach .236. On page 16, TMBā€™s example with GBP/JPY reflects this.

Iā€™m not sure I have a ask/bid mode on mt4ā€¦ ???

You are correct, that being the case, the convergence is pretty damn good on that pair!

In relation to the EUR/USD 1hr trade, what if we use the first swing low as depicted below for the B leg? We get near perfect convergence on the level above, but in doing that the B leg doesnt respect the retracement to the 0.236 level.

Man iā€™m confusedā€¦

Iā€™m just a noob and I hope I donā€™t confuse people more but the way I see it, I usually count internal waves with similar slopes as part of the same leg. The fib proportions look fine too. However, the bigger legs do not look as nice in my drawings. Itā€™s just how I see things. TMB can you please comment? Again, hope I didnā€™t confuse you more!

Seems fine to me.

It may be valid. AB leg is short but steep too. If unsure, skit to another pattern. This may be one of those times where you donā€™t want to force the pattern.