30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I don’t know that MT4 has a way to toggle back and forth between ask/bid prices. If it does then I haven’t come across it.

Just went through a Gartley on the Eur/Aud 15 and H1. The 15m giving one third of the ad leg and 1H 30 pips. This concludes trading for the week.

Hey Guys,

I’m totally new to this system. I’ve bought the book “Trade what you see” and am halfway through it. Have also read the first 20% of the posts in this thread. The most difficult thing for me is finding valid patterns but the longer i look at the price movements the clearer it gets. Right now i need your opinion on the pattern i think i found a valid gartley on the EUR/USD 4H chart today so i took the trade. Result at the moment, +50 pips (closed half of the position at +30 pips) and SL is now set to close the position if the price retraces to +30 pips for the second half.

What do you think? Are my calculations correct? I’m grateful for every feedback i can get… :slight_smile:

The c point is not allowed to go beyond point a which invalidates the patern.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ah, i see. Totally forgot that. Did this one quickly on my lunch break at work (no excuse though). :wink:

Is there any pattern you can see in the screenshot i posted or was i just lucky to nail a retracement?

Here’s what I can see, this is the Euro 15m…I think you happen to get in with the direction of the trend at that moment that you were able to do well. With no method at all you should have 50% probability of success.

Are you using mt4 as well? I read mt4 is not recommended because some people had trouble getting all the fib levels but I seem to have been able to get all the levels needed. The only thing is I might not be getting the confluence that the marketscope users are getting. How are you finding mt4 with this method so far?

Hey, price reversed 8 pips before my 261.8 and 12 pips before my 50% of XA. Hope you caught it but I missed the move.

Hi i just wanted to know was that a past trade analysis or its monday analysis sorry still a newbie would appreciate your help

The eur/usd moved about 90 pips up from 1.2995. It didn’t quite hit the price where there was confluence so I’m not really sure if it will move down further and then reverse again or maybe it’s time to reanalyze this pattern. I’m a newbie too so I hope someone can give more insight.

Ok, thank you for your input and quick reply!

I missed it too :frowning: I did get into EUR/GBP though, up 6 pips, but holding over the weekend which for short term trades always makes me nervous! Lucky it’s a demo account!

Is this what you traded? The candle that closed on the hour chart looks good if you sold. Did you take the sell right on a the fib level? Again, my chart shows a 3 pip difference with the 2 fib lines. lol Hope it works out for you.

What if you use the second downswing for B instead? Then you get a perfect convergence for D at 0.382/1.618 which didn’t work out. But there is still a second convergence at 0.618/2.618. (see screenshot below)

Or have i done anything wrong in my pattern? Still training so i would be greatful for any opinions/corrections on this. :slight_smile:

Looks like it, see attached.

I’m no expert, but it looks like a good trade!

it really looks like a great setup,
but i would never get in on this one shortly before the weekend or through the last hours of the us session ,
luckily the price has not gapped higher and i’m interested to see whats going to happen tomorrow during london session

one question i would like to ask you,

where did you set your price target for this trade?

i think i will get into this trade tomorrow
if you look at the eur / gbp daily chart you can see that there is a perfectly symmetrical abcd pattern with bc retracement at
61.8 %.
You can also see that the pattern completed at the 38.2 fib level from the recent swing which went from 0.9026 July 11 to 0.7444 until August 12.

If you look at this pattern you could at least target the 0.8030 price range for 100 pips.

EUR/USD 1h or 4hr chart - based on TMB teachings, it should retrace for 150 pips, give or take. I’ll try to steal 60 and then i’m out.

As for the EUR/GBP - i’m shooting for 30 pips, as per the theme of this thread.

I’m no expert either but I agree.