30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I am working my way through this thread and want to start demo trading this method. I’m wondering if the original time frames for when D’s form (in 2009) are still valid? Thanks!

2am -4 am est
6am - 8am est
10:30am - 12:00 pm est
6pm - 8pm est

Hey guys,

A really nice bullish gartley on the EURNZD, 1 hour.

It’s close to the 0.786 so you can still catch it if you want. :wink:

Yup. That is what I have for my setup on 4H chart. It looks much clearer on 4H. If I remember right. I think I posted last night before I went to bed as well.

The D point of a bearish Cypher pattern is approaching on the AUD/USD 30min.

I have the D at 1.0290 and my sell order at 1.0285.

I see the Gartley, but I’m not seeing good convergence at the .786… I see convergence of XA 1.0 and CD 1.27… that’s where I’m going to put my buy order… if you buy above that you’ll probably want your stop below X at a minimum.

Convergence at 78.6XA and 100CD, range is 10 pips on 4H which is pretty good.

the range from CD 1.27 to 1XA is almost 30 pips.

We are using different X points clearly… hopefully it works out for both of us. :slight_smile:

I used the 30-minute chart to pick my points… I used the wick of the lowest close on the 30-min for my X, which is @ 1.5625

You do not always have to look for convergences. This is a great gartley, compare it to the measurements below. Thats how you “normally” spot a gartley. TMB has just “tweaked” the way to finding them a little. :slight_smile:

My SL is 10 pips below X, TP1 is at the 0.382 fib level when drawn from A to D. And my TP2 is at the 0.618 level of the same fib.

Risk reward ratio is better than 1:2.

Good point Diablo. I’m going to put in two orders, one at your point, and one at the one I made… hopefully my point doesn’t get hit and it keeps the nice gartley shape, but if it does draw down to my point I’ll double up.

Thanks for posting the analysis.

I have a question which shall really help a lot of Harmonic Traders! Every person has his her own mental status to judge the question I am putting forward. Most imp for Tmoneybag to comment on it.

I am attaching two charts of same pair AUDUSD on which two different patters are formed on 1 Hr chart Bullish Cypher is formed, where on 1 month chart Bearish Deep Crab is formed at the same instance. MY questions is how does a short term and a long term investor trade the pairs ? Every one is invited to comment…

As on one hour chart i shows a bullish instance but on a monthly chart it shows a bearish instance… So how does once choose what we need to do ?

I’m fairly sure the monthly chart can be ignored when it comes to trading a 1H chart…The movements are not at all the same order of magnitude. You might be able to draw some support or resistance lines based on that that you can use for a few months, but if you are trying to pick up 10-50 pips, they may not be super useful unless you are confident enough to do something like going when the trade is going south like TMB and his hydra.

question for TMoneyBags.

does X HAVE to be on the lowest possible low. I have found a promising possible setup on the USD/JYP 30 minute chart but I am aware that the X is not on the lowest possible low, and im wondering if this invalidates the pattern.

the way I have drawn my fibs there is an almost perfect retracement of 61.8 of the XA leg. If I use an other possible points as my X then I cannot get any convergences with the fib lines

I have also just noticed the beginning of another gartley [i have not currently market this on the chart above] which may be forming. If you use my B point as a new X point and draw fibs to the top of the next set of candles it retraces 50%

is this valid?

[B]edit:[/B] actually it probably misses the 50 by a little bit too much on second thoughts. I probably wouldn’t trade that new one.

omg, I didnt make any profit for this trade. Once it go in my favor 20 pips. I move stoploss to break even. and leave it and it move in my favor for 38 pips. But before I left. I move take profit from 30 pips to 100 pips. so after it hit 38 pips, it pull back and touch my break even . So no gain for greedy :frowning:

Gain nothing for break the rule for 30 pips again :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that happens when you move your SL’s and TP’s around. Don’t do it! I’ve been there myself. Do not involve any emotions into any trade.

Before you enter a trade decide where your stop loss and take profit points are. When you have placed the trade, do not touch it anymore until you either get stopped out or reach your goal.

But if you for example enter with 2 positions you can move your stop to break even once your first profit target has been hit.

Nice cypher pattern on the USDCAD 30 min. Price has just hit the 0.786 convergence.

Hi, everyone!

Diablo, you gave me an idea with the same pair and same time:

Let see if price goes in our favor…

I think my question got buried… anyone know the answer? Thanks!

Diablo,

Not sure that C can exceed A like that?

As for UCAD, there is an h4 bat 1.0355. I would be cautious shorting this pair on possibility of third push up to that level.

CAD is also under pressure on the crosses, with audcad for example just posting fresh weekly highs. However, favouring CAD longs is that NZDCAD is at an H4 gartley now (below), having rallied nicely from an h1 bullish bat 0.8445, so perhaps CAD will find support here, but given the price structure I feel it will only be temporarly and the gartley will fail, taking us up to the crab 0.8730.

Like you, I like bats for the smaller stop requirement and greater risk reward (although i think a lower success rate somewhat negates that). They are also good for trading C to D as a break of a clear 0.382 XA or 0.50 XA retracement can set up a run to 0.886XA, again, allowing for a smaller stop on a CD trade. Cable H4 could be setting up such a trade, with the break of 0.50 XA suggesting selling rallies down to 0.886 XA.