30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

You are totally correct modo. I was in a hurry doing that one but i got some profit out of it after all. Closed the trade when i discovered my misstake. Totally forgott to correct myself in here as well, my appologies for that.

Actually the trade above seems to be a bullish bat pattern. Am on a train right now but i will check it when i get home. Thats why you got stopped out shonick. We are at the 0.886 right now. I have my stops below X still so i’m hanging in there… :wink:

Diablo, sorry but if you are drawing the bat like this I don’t believe that is correct as the B point is violated before C is formed. I think you were right the first time to use the 0.618 retracement, but as that seems to be failing we could trade down to 1.618 XA 1.5390 (ie, crab pattern - second chart - shown on h6 timeframe)

Yeah, I got stop out, but I feel it pullish, so I re-enter it, and I got stop out again at break even after around 20 pips up. 2 stop out at break even for 1 pattern :(. I’m out for this pattern.

Yes :slight_smile: Still valid.

Note to everyone.:
[B]
Set your break even trades to +1 or +2 pips (Let the market load you some pips instead of leaving you with nothing on a pull back), when you reach a 15-30 pip target close 70% of your lots and let the rest run… [/B]

What about my question T MOneyBag ?

Thanks!

I was doing my own spreadhseat calculation :stuck_out_tongue: and 30 pips a day can turn into insane profits. As I can only really trade the 6-8pm est time frame because of work, I may try for only 30 pips a week (seems like there are fewer convergencies during this time). That can still turn into significant returns!

yeah indeed, 30 pips a day is a lot. But I think control your greedy is more important. I fail to gain profit because I let it run pass 30 pips, as a result I just got break even :frowning:

personally I have noticed that fakeouts seem to most likely to occur when you are trading a pair outside it’s natural time zones.

for example: the USD/CAD session starts off at like 1PM GMT, if you are seeing a “D” that it is about to complete and it is only 10:00 AM GMT (3 hours before the session naturally starts) then most likely it will be a fakeout or something else will be wrong with it.

also regardless of the pair or the time of day, D’s forming on the 61.8 fib are slightly less reliable than the 78.6 fib D’s and statistically return a lower success rate. So make sure your convergences are tight if you choose to go for a D on the 61.8 level.

I’m seeing a short on USD/JPY about to hit… 4 hr gartley converging with 30 min butterfly

You are totally correct Wizlan. With only 10% profit of your account balance each month you will have transformed 10 000$ into 3 044 816 $
in only five years.

Risking 2% of your account with each trade at a 1:1 risk reward ratio you only need 5 winning trades a month if you have no loosing trade that is. :wink:

My USD/JPY was triggered this morning around 6am. Price seems to be testing the convergence.

EJ-4Hr Gartley expecting at first convergence very soon. Trading C to D leg for 30 pips. See how it goes. Entry set at price 123.200 short as well.

Loose at points D reversal but made from C to D leg. Probably the reversal is near at fib 2.0 or 2.618. I am tired and going to sleep.

Good night friends. All the best for your trading. Made +43 pips in total.

Pretty sure I got stopped out of this one (it looked so perfect to me though :53:)… at work looking at yahoo finance charts. Are these the best free online charts?

I have drawn my fibs in, and i can see it is due to land on the 61.8 fib if i draw my fibs a certain way to which i do not usually do. B had not retraced fully to the 38.2 of XA. I usually wait for atleast a 38.2 retracement. Therefore I am suspicious of D landing on 61.8 even though it has good convergence. I think I shall stay out of this trade and just keep with eager eye’s and see what happens.

Also I think the trend might be an uptrend, another reason to stay out as D would be trading against the trend.

I am still pretty new at this but after buying trade what you see last week, and starting trading again on monday, all my gartley’s i have attempted to trade have been successful (which is only 2 of them lol), but 2 out of 2 is alot better than 1 in 3 (which i was getting before i read the book)

a gartley was just forming on AUD/USD 30 minutes and was due to land on the 78.6 fib by one method of calculating D, but when i double checked it with another method i use to check D i got completley differant results. therefore i decided to stay out of the trade and it is good thing too as the price has just broke through the 78.6 fib and 75% of the way to the 88fib. It looks like it may bounce back in the direction of the 50% fib possibly (the candle formation is displaying uncertainty atm) but if i had traded it then my stop loss would have been taken out so personally I am glad I didn’t. I am now certain this will later in the day it will form a bat and will likely go past X by a little bit, to alot. I would not place a sell order at X because by my calculations it will pierce it somewhat. i would place a sell order at the 127.2 % of XA,

again though, i would prefer on this occasion just to watch and see what happens as I have never traded a bat before , and the way i place my stops i would only get a 1:2 risk return ratio when usually from my trades I get 1:2.5 ratio’s

but if others are looking to trade, i expect the D to hit the 127% or 100% of XA around 9PM GMTish, give a hour or two

Hi defiance888

Thanks for your comment. I think I should read that book refereed by TMoneyBags.
I am trading Gartley /Butterfly what I have learnt from this thread. Thanks for your reasonable comment.

:slight_smile:

too bad this last weeks I stopped trading to focus on other things, and missed this one…
but hey!, you are using similar tp and sl lvls than me, the main difference is that I add a 3rd tp lvl at 127.2 :wink:

That EURNZD trade worked out really well at last. Took some time for it to get going but in the end i could book +95 pips. It really pays off to be patient as a trader which i just got confirmed once again. Price never closed below the 0.886 level.

Just went short on the same pair this time due to a cypher pattern on the 1 hour chart. Let’s see what happens.