Any traders here from Singapore?

SG on IGMarkets as well.
not much of experience. Willing to share.

:Seekz: Scott, which part of SG ur at?

Not that I wanted to, but I got some financial stuff to settle first. Also, I’m looking around for a non-MAS registered broker to open an account (refer to previous post on MAS requirements).

Oh!
yeah, alot has been going around lately on the MAS requirements.
Well, u can try … no harm trying.

Its never too late to enter forex.

whats wrong with MAS requirements now??
Explain the detail to us mysoju :slight_smile:

U can check it out at the MAS Site.
ever since the new requirements are out. Alot of new traders find it hard to open an account.
i believe one of them was similar to Leonnova. At least with some minimum trading experience.

That’s singapore, always trying to restrain.

Their requirements are :

1. Made a live trade at least once in past 3 years;
  2. Have a liquidated assets of $50,000 or more.

Tell me, how to open an account?

hi all! another singaporean here ^^

seems like there’s quite a community here.

Yes it seems so. Since this is a common interest, I believe we could get along well… Hahahaa :smiley:

hi guys i am from singapore and i once started a thread to ask about one forex school here that is pretty famous but got my thread edited cos they don’t allow “advertisements”.

Do you guys pay to learn or learn from the many threads on this site and other sites?

I’m following the volume analysis method and trying out a few things myself. Using oanda as a broker with real money. Perhaps we could form some type of group if you guys haven’t formed one already to discuss.

Hi which brokers are MAS registered brokers? I don’t think oanda, pepperstone belong to them since they didn’t ask me those questions when i opened my account. It’s weird since oanda has a singapore office.

I thought OANDA is MAS regulated? Not too sure though.
But yeah, pepperstone is not.

Im live using FXPrimus though. So far so good.

oanda is registered. there’s a list floating around but i can’t find the link. the questions you’re looking for are at the back of the registration. there will be a form at the back with all the when-did-you-trade-or-how-much questions. at least that’s what I got when I signed up for oanda.

guys i am sure you have heard of this forex school j* lnnn run by jimmy wong which has earned many accolades. is it worth paying to attend?

Heard of it before.
It’s sort of arch rival for FX One Academy.
But i havent spend a single bucks on either one of them before.
So cant comment much. :X

Guys which brokers are u using? Oanda is quite gOod but the problem is leverage is rather low. Frankly I wonder if it’s worth the time and effort to open 1 more account From another broker

hi guys a singaporean student here.
just got to forex for about a month now, still reading this site’s guide/school lessons.
had a demo account going on with oanda, but intending to go live.
i share the common issues with most, about which brokers and also the administrative specifications that come along with it.
if having a non-local broker seems to be a more entry-friendly option, such as pepperstone, then i would rather go for that. because i do not have 50,000 dollars worth of assets.

Hi,
Welcome to babypips and yeah, the school has all the info you need to learn about trading, from beginner topics to more advanced ones. And FWIW, you can opt for a non-local broker if they are offering you a better deal…

Im currently live with FX Primus. So far so good. Nothing to complain about. :stuck_out_tongue:

And SOuth AFrica?

hi SG traders!

hope you could clarify my problem with this. :confused:

please refer to below thread on time zone. i can’t post my thread link here since im still new. -.-

i dont get it. which timezone are we following? and Tokyo Open during summer and winter seems to differ by long hours!!! :confused: