Any Tradingview users go back to MT4/MT5?

I’m running a strategy using some TV indicators. But there’s also the option of using MT4, which several traders using the strategy are having success.

Just wonder if anybody ever tried both MT4 and Tradingview and decided to stick with MT4.

Definitely looks older but I’m thinking of at least giving it a decent shot. Most of my live trading has been using TV.

I think it’s always a good idea to try different platforms and see what works best for you and your trading strategy. While Tradingview has some great features and indicators, it’s always worth exploring other options I know several traders who have had success with MT4, particularly when it comes to customization. However it’s important to keep in mind that every platform has its own strengths and weaknesses, and what works for one trader may not work for another. :wink:

1 Like

What are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Thank you for your question. I personally use MT4, which I find suits my trading style and preferences. However, as I mentioned earlier, it’s always a good idea to try out different platforms to find the one that works best for you

1 Like

surely not?!

of al the comments i’ve ever seen about TradingView (which do include some complaints, as well as very widespread praise), i’ve certainly never heard of anyone switching back from TV to MT! :dizzy_face:

i honestly find it very hard to imagine that anyone could

it’s one of those subjects on which there can be varying opinions, though, depending on who/where you ask

if you ask in a forum for forex beginners, sadly the huge majority of the members are using MT

if you ask more experienced traders, long-term profitable traders or professional traders, you literally won’t hear a single recommendation for MT, just a lot of warnings about it, some more strongly worded than others; you’ll hear from a lot of people who like TV, though (and for good reasons, IMO)

the comparison you’re asking about, IMO (many here will disagree with me, obviously - nothing new, there!), is between one of the best trading platforms and the world’s very worst

Tell me how you really feel! Ha, that’s great, thanks so much.

I feel the same way. I still see trader on YT using it. Plenty of members here too and I just think it looks like an app from the 80’s!

I heard the dev and plugin community is really strong, but they why aren’t more people using MT5?

1 Like

this is actually the post people here need to be reading repeatedly and in detail, thinking about carefully and then taking very seriously:-

1 Like

Wow, that’s crazy. I missed that post from Trends. Makes you think twice about trading at all!

2 Likes

only trading spot forex - other stuff is a whole different game :joy:

2 Likes

I think you’re not trading forex any longer, right? Futures or commodities now?

1 Like

Is this strategy in the form of an EA?

I started out using MT4 but then switched to TV due to it’s ability to use live charts across multiple computers without having to redraw all my TA. I love being able to just continue where I left off, no matter where I am.

I have nothing against MT4, it’s quite user friendly and from what I gather uses a language that’s easy to code and create EA’s in. But, I do believe MT5 will eventually phase it out altogether.

After using TV I would never go back to MT willingly.

2 Likes

i switched from spot forex to forex futures, yes

(it’s another one of those things where nobody would ever switch back! :joy: )

2 Likes

I was looking into that over the wknd, but couldn’t find much info about Forex futures, or even whether or not they’re available to me in Canada.

I will do more research when time permits.

2 Likes

Looks like we all agree. I

've still been meaning to give MT4 a shot running @AmericanTrader’s scalping strategy along side my TV version to confirm we’re seeing the same thing. One day. :rofl:

2 Likes

we do, but remember that we’re a tiny minority, among this forum’s members

most people here prefer to find this kind of stuff comfortable and reassuring, completely misguided and misjudged though it is! :woozy_face: :thinking:

1 Like

Well, I would say they don’t know any better, but they should be more aware, especially when real money is on the line.

Looks like MT4 and MT5 were booted from the iOS app store for like 6 months.

But they’ve been back since March of this year. Im not an iPhone user so I wouldn’t know about the original ban.