Are you gaming?

I have huge interest in the sporting games including snooker, cricket, football, and basket ball. I am a sport lover from my early childhood and a cricketer as well. I usually play the game named as “The Ultimate Cricket” on my smart phone. I never get bored of it! What is your favorite Android game?

I went back to playing Subnautica these past few days, I had forgotten how much fun it could be.

I can feel your craze for game :joy:

1 Like

I read that you read books also! What book are you reading now? Not playing any games atm. Will have to check out the recommendations here.

1 Like

I was just finishing the last book of The Witcher series, actually. I’m preparing for the upcoming Netflix series.

Fortnite anyone? They made $300 Million over the lat 200 days on just IOS devices. Crazy!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fortnite-reaches-300-million-on-ios-but-pokemon-go/1100-6462347/

I play with my son. He’s addicted. Plenty of fun though.

@mlawson71 Ooh so a quick google search tells me it’s also a game? I wonder if this would be anything like GOT.

@mtb_rex Do you follow any of the Twitch streamers? That industry is also pretty crazy.

The Witcher 3 is currently considered to be the best Western RPG ever made by the majority of both gamers and critics. And yes, it’s actually a lot like GOT in terms that it’s considered to be part of the dark fantasy genre.

Nope, but I’ve heard about it. I’m haven’t reached that level of commitment or interest. Maybe I’ll get destroyed for another couple weeks and then realize I need to work on my skills. Ha!

1 Like

Oooh. And wow, what an interesting crossover in formats! Game, book, series!

For all we know Hollywood may make a movie eventually too.

I think that’s the first I’ve heard of. I don’t think GoT really became a game for instance. I know there’s a board game but it was a book first before anything. Maybe Minecraft but there’s definitely not a book for that one haha.

There was a GoT game at some point, but it never gained much popularity, I think.

Was it the board game you’re referring to? A game master once explained it to us. It was waaaay too complicated haha.

Started playing Stardew Valley yesterday. My son invited me to play that game after telling him that I played Harvest Moon waaaaay back. He said I will love that game. :grin:

Dead by daylight is about the only thing I come back to every so often. Very fun, but queue times in Asia are usually bad unless its night time

Now imagine how much they made on pc. I never would have guessed microtransactions would have been this profitable when they were first used a decade ago

It’s genius really. Give away a game to 10s of millions of people for free and sell them…costumes. Awesome!

Fortnite/Epic will easily hit $1B before the year is up in in-game revenue.

Update: As i was writing, I thought, let me search. Epic will make $2B by the end of the this year. $2 BILLION! WOW

and all of that just from skin sales?

that’s mind boggling

They sell a “battle pass”, runs about 6 weeks, and with that purchase, you open up certain awards and prizes (skins, “cooler looking” tools) as you move up in the experience level. So they sell those every 6 weeks, on top of the aesthetic upgrades, like “skins”, cooler looking harvesting tools and visual upgrades. But you can’t buy yourself into being better/faster/stronger than the next player. So no buying better weapons. I love that. Even playing field for all. But skins can cost up to $10-15 USD.

1 Like

The video game industry is enormous and enormously profitable. AAA games often have budgets around $100 million and more and more than make up said budgets. It’s mind-boggling.