BOJ Trading Robot

There’s a post in the original BOJ thread which suggests changing both OB/OS values to 90/10, though I am not sure yet which will work better, LTF 90/10 and HTF 90/10, or Piepatat’s suggestion of LTF 95/5 and HTF 80/20.

I guess if we want to be ultra safe then we could combine the two and go for LTF 95/5 and HTF 90/10, though I think that might be a bit too cautious.

Losses? Hmm, I had a pair of winners this morning. Do you have wave 2 enabled? I disabled wave 2.

More big Losses for me today on the majority of my demos - Alpari & FXCM although FXDD did close the basket for profit.

Yes I have wave two enabled.

Win for me on AlpariUK demo. Wave2 disabled, and LTF 95/5.

I’m only at -5% total now, which is good, as it started with -9%… :slight_smile:

Were yours shorts or longs?

This morning’s trades were shorts for me.

The bot is doing pretty good for me.
Made a loss on the 90-10 LTF RSI, but on my 5-95 LTF RSI accounts it only won.
I made another account: Error | Myfxbook
5-95 LTF RSI, wave 2 enabled.

I have been following. I got the same trades, one broker was OK, the others failed to take the profit when it was available. Maybe my setup i’ll look into it further.

Pietpatat: can you tell us what your low/medium/high risk settings are?

High Risk: Demo: 90 - 10 LTF, 80 - 20 HTF, Wave 2 enabled
Medium Risk: Demo: 95 - 5 LTF, 80 - 20 HTF, Wave 2 enabled
Low Risk: Live: 95 - 5 LTF, 80 - 20 HTF, Wave 2 disabled

Thanks a lot, the “low risk” is what I have set up now (on demo), after my initial 10% loss.

Do you have everything else on default? Such as “BasketStopLossPercentage” at 10? The loss you had on March 23rd seems to be a lot less.

You dont need a time for your VPS. Its your brokers location that you need to set plus or minus 1 or 2 hrs. MD cares not where its running, only what broker your using is set at. Best to use auto set for the time. and leave it alone. Can find the broker time settings in your MD notes.

Im using a VPS in london and left MD set on auto. My broker is also in LOndon ( UK).
:smiley:
Best of luck
Garry in NAples Florida

everything else is on default. different results is probably because of different brokers.

Because of the Carry trade I thought I would just check out the last date for the interest rates decission for various countries were:

JPY: 07/04/10
AUD: 06/04/10
GBP: 08/04/10
EUR: 08/04/10

This does tie in with dates the bot threw some bad trades for me. I am thinking that maybe it should be turned off around this time.

I don’t have time to look into this right now, but the bot already turn itself off when there is news coming out. I think the default is on don’t trade 60 minutes before, and 90 minutes after news.

quick question, Has anyone gotten any trades in the past 2 days?

Ive had the bot on for 2 days now, and no trades. time is setup correctly and im tradeing 90/10 and 80/20 with wave 2 on…

Not sure if there is anything wrong on my side or if there were no good trades in the past 2 days.

Thanks

More Losses for me last night.

I am running 3 demos with this on three different brokers and it is steadily loosing money.

Loss for me, too, with quite a safe setting. It still has open trades, losing ones at the moment, although this may change.

It hit stoploss. By now my BOJ demo account is down 16%.

Oh Dear - Computer says “No”