Daily Hi Lo

Just got a daily hi/lo breakout ea :D:D. Testing it now, I’ll post it soon :). Too busy enjoying it to share it:p

Everyone can call me Mike if you want to. the TalonD is an old screen name that I made up for my Ebay selling.
I used to sell billiard felt but the company I got it from went out of business. That was a gold mine. I’ve sold magic pendants that will cure anything that ails you. Got all kinds of positive feed back on those. People will buy anything. but too much effort for the price. At one time I was selling the new dollar coins for two dollars each. People will buy anything!

Trailing stop may be a good idea. Worth a try! That may be a way to capture the larger moves. Yesterday for example, if my GU trade hadn’t got stopped out, a trailing stop of 20 would have ended up about +80 and the day before that maybe about +100

Well, it had to happen at some point; traded 8 pairs last night and got some nasty losses. Once again, SL/TP and result data below:

GBP/USD = 30/20 - untriggered
USD/CHF = 20/13 - Long triggered +13
EUR/GBP = 14/9 - Long triggered +9
GBP/JPY = 36/24 - Sell triggered -39
USD/JPY = 17/11 - Sell +11
AUD/JPY = 21/14 - Sell triggered -24
AUD/USD = 17/11 - untriggered
NZD/USD = 15/10 - untriggered

Results as of 13:00 GMT. Entries set up late again last night after getting home from work, some pairs were not set up as they’d already moved past previous bar hi-lo.

-30 pips net so far today. :frowning:

ya, I’m -50$ on GBP/JPY, idk how many pips that is, like 46? or so. But, my other order triggered and i got +18 out of it so far and as of right now its +39 with stop at BE +2

Got to expect a loss now and the it’s the cost of doing business. but look at how many plusses we’ve had so far! :slight_smile:

I used to work for a textile company. Price per yard sold was around 10% over manufacturing cost. In forex terms that would be like a 90pip loss and a 100pip win for a 10pip gain.

Took another loss in AU. I do think starting tonight I want to experiment with a trailing stop.

This daily HiLo breakout EA isnt showing anything promising. At best its showing a small 12% profit per year. That’s not bad if your looking for something slow and steady, but 12% a year isn’t much at all.

I have an EA to sell, look at the graph below :D. LOL not really, but this is a 5 year test starting with 1k, trading 1$ pips. Doesnt this look like something you’d see on a webpage surround by ferarris and yachts? and only 100$ if you act now! :rolleyes: The backtesting looks alot more promising back from 05 to now. only problem is it made you 1500$ in 5 years. while thats still like a 150% gain, it took 5 years :(.

It looks like this works great up until present day. Like the last year or less is where it starts losing profits.

It is so strange how I can test something, and the backtest graph is just like / all the way, until the start of the new year and it drops the account to 0. I just dont get it

Well, until today, using my custom per pair TP/SL numbers I was up about +80 pips for the week. Today yielded some nasty losses which amounted to -47 pips. Still up for the week, but nothing to write home to mother about. My concern is that with a reverse risk:reward ratio eventually a really bad day could wipe out most of a week’s good trades.

But I still want to try a trailing stop tailored to each pair (starting with a -30 in GU) in the hopes that such a version of the hi-lo breakout could really grab some of these nice, longer moves while we are asleep/away from the computer.

I should note that today’s last loss occurred at a point I’d normally have closed un-triggered trades. Some news caused a spike is USD pairs and after triggering AU fell back immediately for the -17 loss. I have also missed a lot of trades due to not entering the triggers until later in the evening when I got back from work.

So this was certainly not an exhaustive and thorough test on my part. And honestly it was, in the end, profitable.

hi guys. can any one post a chart of the current eurusd PA. i´m away from home and i need to know how my open trades are.

thanks

Here’s a screenshot of the hourly as of 20:30 GMT.

Running optimizations and backtests of this breakout EA is showing something strage. From literally 10 years ago to present the backtest graph looks like something out of a complete EA scam. Its just a slanted line going straight up. But, when it nears the new year, and after until march, it drops off, losing some of the profits. It is also hard to find any optimization that shows decent profit for the first 3 months of 2010. From 09 til dec 09, it can make about 18%+, but loses alot of it in the first 3 months of 2010. Anyone know why? I dont have a clue as to what is happening. At worst Ill have to make a website and charge 100$ for a great EA backtest :stuck_out_tongue:

lol
I’ve seen lots of those websites! Don’t know much about backtesting. I did some of that with fapturbo way back when. But no expert at it.

I’ve been closing my untriggered orders mid morning eastern time. Seems like all the biggest moves happen in early London session. GBP/USD that is.

Something else to look at that may be an alteration or addition to this whole idea is to look at how price crosses yesterday’s midpoint. go back in your charts and see what you think about that.

I’m trying a 30pip trailing stop tonight on GU. I’m a little leery of Fridays but we’ll see what happens.

hi scoobie!

almost all the EAs tested on metatrader do that… i think is because the data that they use in the time near the present(sorry for the english) is more reliable than the time far in the past. if you performe a test until the time that EA stop give profits you will see in the test report that the quality of the ticks modelated are very bad. and if you only test it in the presente times you will see that the quality of the ticks are very high.

i´ve play a lot in the strategy tester so i can tell you that what you see with this EA you can see it in almost all the EAs

i don´t know if there´s some broker that provides good old data but the ones i know and worked with don´t provide it.

if you like conspiracy theorys you may say that the brokers do this on proposite just to make you use EAs and lose your money :slight_smile:

and thanks prince… seems my eu got BE… but any way uchf had pay us some bucks :slight_smile:

Yeah, I picked up +60 on UCHF (I closed EU with +8, it never went higher than +19 before falling back) – MMTT is back and made my weak hi-lo day into a much better one!

I think I will try trailing stops for:

GBP/USD -30
EUR/USD -26
USD/CHF -20
EUR/GBP -14
EUR/JPY -29

trying to find an optimization from jan 2010-march. Nothing so far that makes profit. Pretty strange lol. For the last 10 years it makes great profit til now.

Ya, Nothing turned profit for daily breakouts for the 2010 year so far. Maybe its just not a good time to trade breakouts anymore?