Did I lose this week?

Ooooh. :open_mouth: So our USDJPY trades are against each other. :open_mouth: Excited to see how that plays out! I’m going to move my SL for that trade just so that I don’t lose too much. :sweat_smile: Thanks for the reminder for EURUSD! :smiley: Will definitely watch out for this! :blush:

Just an update before I go to bed! :blush: Things are looking good so far for both of my trade, but more so for my USDJPY one. :blush:

Updated my SL to 132.181 :blush: Let’s see how this goes!

Did you have a short USD/JPY trade?

Happy Tuesday journal! :blush: I wasn’t able to update re my trades last week, but both of them are still running. :open_mouth: However, I consider last week a loss because I was already in the red for both trades then, and still, I didn’t close my positions. :confused:

I bought USDJPY and have a very ambitious TP. :sweat_smile: I might need to adjust my TP just so that I can close the trade soon. :smiley: Do you have any running USDJPY trades? :smiley:

Adjusted my USDJPY TP to 139.102. :smiley: Hoping I could close this trade in a couple of days. Otherwise, I would have to close it without hitting my TP. :sweat_smile:

How are your trades doing Ben? :blush: I feel like there was a good opportunity for short trades to exit towards the end of last week. :open_mouth: I remember cause I was in the red and I remember thinking that maybe your trade idea was the winning trade after all. :sweat_smile:

Hi @ria_rose, how’s it going? Mines been a quiet start to the week. Lots of open positions; just waiting for the market to MOVE!
I did short that EURUSD ‘sell zone’ we discussed and took profit this morning::

I don’t expect my 2nd trade to run far as; whilst there are still sellers at the zone, there is a big institutional buyer at the big green move up prior too. We’ll see :slight_smile: Happy with my entry though.
Aside from this one I’m actually short on all 12 other positions. They probably won’t all work - but the ones that do will hopefully bag tons! NZD and AUD shorts seem to be doing OK for me last cpl of days…
Open trades::

I’m down 3% this week so far, but up 37% this month - I have three days to try and gain 50% in a month - that’s the challenge I’ve set myself lol.

2 Likes

You say you’ve had a quiet start to the week, but it looks like you’ve been quite busy! :blush: I’m not sure if I’d be able to manage more than 2 open positions at once (partially cause I also don’t have the capital to open that many positions) :sweat_smile:

Super happy for you that things seem to be looking good so far! :blush: You might need to grind a bit more for that 50% but good luuuck! :smiley: Hahaha. Let me know how it goes too! :blush:

I have to admit my margin is currently maxxed out! :joy: but if my trade idea is right, then I don’t tend to have to suffer too much drawdown. If it’s wrong then my 4hr ATR doesn’t take long to trip and we move on. I like to take as many opportunities as I can find as I’m no pro and struggle to ‘rate’ the quality of my trades, so I take as many as I can that fit my style; and that seems to be working for me at the moment. If conditions change then I may have to be more ‘selective’.
In terms of managing them, they all have SL and one TP so until either of those are hit, these are easy as they are ‘fire and forget’ once they get ‘big’ they take a bit more watching; but who doesn’t enjoy watching a successful trade :heart_eyes:
Good luck to you too - I’ll report back at the end of the month. Might be drinks on me! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Always interesting to know more about the trading styles and personalities of other members here. :smiley: Haha. Looking at it, we have very different styles. :sweat_smile: I do love watching successful trades, but I’m very cautious about my capital cause there’s not a lot to begin with. I would love to have more simultaneously open positions in the future though. :stuck_out_tongue:

You bet I’m bookmarking this! :stuck_out_tongue: Hahahaha. :smiley: Good luck to us! :smiley:

EURUSD price finally broke through my 50 MA. :pray: Let’s see how this will go. :thinking:

1 Like

Well. :sweat_smile: That lasted for like a minute. :sweat_smile: Got stopped out of my EURUSD trade. So, this is already a LOSS for the week. :confused: Still watching my USDJPY trade. Everything’s looking good so far.

1 Like

I’m currently in the green and getting closer to my TP for my USDJPY trade. :thinking: So, even if I don’t hit my TP tomorrow, I’m closing this trade by the end of the day. :blush:

1 Like

Helloooo! Happy Monday! :blush:

As I’ve mentioned, I closed my USDJPY trade last Friday. Still in the green, but a lot lower than if I closed it earlier. :confused: But, taking into consideration how long that trade lasted and the end profit for me, I would say it was also a loss. :sweat_smile: Fingers crossed for a better week this week!

With that said, I opened a EURUSD long position. :thinking:

Entry @ 1.04248
TP @ 1.05640
SL @ 1.03648

Price will likely try to break through dynamic resistance again so I set my TP just around my 50 MA. Let’s see how this goes! :smiley:

Nice work!!! But any idea what % you profited?

I’m pretty late asking this question. Sorry!

1 Like

Unfortunately got stopped out by this crazy move down. :sweat_smile: I’ll wait a bit to see how things go but I just might open a short position for this pair. :thinking:

It’s okaaay! :blush: Hahaha. Tbh, I haven’t been keeping track of the percentages. I’ve been focused on whether I closed the trade in the green or red. :sweat_smile: Thanks for reminding me though! :open_mouth: I really do need to get back to tracking that. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah would love the answer to this one as well!

2 Likes