Do you exercise?

Not tested, as only had mild infection and didn’t need doctor or hospitalisation.

Symptoms were horrible but didn’t last long:
fever
dry cough
aching leg muscles
swollen throat
drowsiness
loss of sense of taste
abdominal cramps
loose stools… ugh.

Good thing you only had mild symptoms! I hope your wife is also feeling better.

1 Like

I can only do froggie style and only for a little while. I don’t even want to try in a body of water where my feet can’t touch the ground.

I’ve been working out since 2015, and the gym doesn’t only improve your physical aspect and health, it also develops a lot your capacity to stay focused on something, on being consistent, so I can say yes, it did improve my trading because when it comes to trading Forex, you must be consistent and have a lot of patient, and I learn these things mainly through working out.

Eeesh. Got sick for an entire week also about 2 weeks ago but unfortunately didn’t qualify for testing. Had the same symptoms as you but didn’t have shortness of breath. That was what disqualified me. Do you know where you got it from?

Haven’t worked out in weeks. I know it’ll be painful when I return!

@jota9913 You have access to your gym now?

@purtle hell no ahaha its closed since the beginning of March, gotta exercise at home by now.

Was gonna say! Mine closed about a week ago. Wow early March, that was pretty early. Are you in a hotspot state? Or was it your gym’s nationwide decision?

I live in Portugal, and the government declared national state of emergency 2 or 3 weeks ago, cant remember. They are going to add another 2 weeks to it tho. I’m not planning on coming back to my normal life until the end of june tbh. Let’s see!

Holy smokes! Glad you’re back on the bike!

Yeah, here in the US they just extended it to the end of April. Don’t think life will be normal until 2021 tbh. A slow return to normal that’s for sure.

How are your supermarkets/hospitals doing over there?

Well, the toilet paper disapeared for a while lol, hospital are doing fine until now, only 10% of the people with the virus have to be hospitalized but im worried it my get to my mother who has immune system problems and to my grandparents who are in the group of risk because of their age. We are doing our quarantine and only going out for grocery and things like that. Wish you the best of luck!

I think there are two possible sources of the bug for us - most likely is around a colleague of my wife’s who returned to the office after visiting northern Italy and coming back with flu-like symptoms. She did not take it seriously as it was mild and she did not self-isolate, came into the office for one day at least.

On the other hand, we made a trip to London 3 weeks ago so maybe it was in a shop or restaurant - they were not locked down at that time.

10% doesn’t sound like a lot, but it all depends on 10% of what. And when you’re talking about hospital beds, and intensive care beds, which might run at 40 or 50 or 60% full during normal times, 10% of 100, or 1000, or think NYC, millions, that’s more than enough to push healthcare limits. And there are still regular old illnesses like flu and cancer and injuries that need medical care. Those don’t go away. It’s a mess.

I think there will be continual lockdown extensions. Psychologically, it’s easier to break a difficult task into smaller bits. Telling people to wait a few weeks, and then a few more weeks, and then a few more weeks etc. is easier to digest than flat-out ordering a lockdown for 6 months.

1 Like

We still don’t have TP here! I don’t understand what people are doing with them lol

That’s a lot of travel-related things in there. You would have been tested if you were in my state. Did you try and get tested?

Tell me about it. Those with dental appts will just have to wait. Better hope it’s not a root canal or something really painful!

Both are horrible. I’m sure a lot of people are getting really antsy now.

Exercise it just like you want to relax your mind. in the normal sense that we want to balance life, but it is not a determining factor for successful trade.

There’s no testing in the UK unless you’re hospitalised, and maybe even then not every patient gets tested. I kind of understand that as there is no cure and no vaccine - apart from maintaining your bodily nutrition levels and pumping your lungs full of air, if you get a severe case there is nothing for the medics to do but wait and see if you live or if you die.

Is it weird that I have been becoming more and more active during the lockdown? I found myself walking more often (just in my terrace, don’t worry) and dancing more often.

1 Like

I wonder if we will come out of this emergency thinner and lighter, or fatter and heavier…

1 Like

I have definitely lost quite a bit of weight already.