Do you have real-life trading friends?

It’s true! That is the case for the forums but for friends you don’t really want to keep talking about that otherwise you seem like a moocher?? Does that make sense :laughing:

It’s true. The challenge is making sure to ask non-lazy questions!

There is nothing mooching about increasing your knowledge, the questions you ask are probably questions someone else is thinking, no matter how big or small, even if they seem small or irritating, you’ve got to remember it’s your money you’re trading with and not someone else’s, that’s why I if I need to ask a lot of questions then I will do and that’s what I like about my trading friends, they don’t mind. Trading is a constant learning thing even if you’re experienced

1 Like

But what about the time and energy of the person I’ll constantly keep asking? Especially if they’re a friend? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Basically i turned some of my existing kitty fwends into investors and traders. They are not as proficient in their methodology as this kitty trader is but I’d like to think we are equals with different styles and strategies. As they say: “to every cat his own”. :heart_eyes_cat:

However, I’ve only managed to drag their scruffs to stock tradin’. No one has followed me into fowwex tradin’ yet but we ain’t givin up on that! :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Ah, aren’t your friends lucky to have you! Hopefully they don’t end up gambling and losing massive $$$! But that’s why they have you! :sweat_smile:

Are these friends your long-time friends? Or acquaintances that turned into an interest-based friendship? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ahehehe… I actually have a booboo this one time. I made an ill advice to a friend once and he lost some money. Equivalent to about half his monthly salary. Oops! :sweat:
But the good thing is he made more money in the past from my advice so he’s not upset. Whew! :sweat_smile:
Nothin’ a few beers can’t handle. Hihihi…

They have been long time friends and I figured I shared with them another kitty way to make money apart from their jobs. I hope for the best for them! One of em is pretty scary coz he’s showing signs of excessive greed eversince I taught him how to swing trade and scalp. He refuses stable investment ideas and shoots for high risk high return ones. Dis kitty gatta look out for em like a kitten under my watch! :smirk_cat:

Just saw this thread (probably cause @Imperator_Cat got here :sweat_smile:)! But unfortunately, I don’t have any real-life forex trading friends. :confused: I have friends who trade stocks, but not forex. :open_mouth: I think more people perceive stocks to be more profitable? :thinking:

2 Likes

Personally, I’d be psyched to answer questions from friends who are interested to learn forex! :blush: I’m sure I won’t be able to answer everything :sweat_smile: but it would make me feel like they’re super interested and eager. :blush:

I have met several like-minded people with whom I communicate even now.
But I would be happy if there were more such people.

If any of my friends ask then I’m happy to help if I can, it doesn’t take much of my time Or energy to reply to a text or jump on a zoom call As I have been and still am in the same position as they are, and if I can, I meet up with friends to trade together , if they are a friend then they will want to see you succeed instead of seeing you blow your account every time.

100% Thanks for this perspective! :slight_smile:

True.

Ok guys I guess I get it. I shall keep asking my friends questions. OR actually, maybe I’ll just post them all here. :laughing:

3 Likes

Post away, you know that people here are happy to answer.

No, I don’t have friends at all, I’m on my own, actually, and it’s not good because sometimes I feel very lonely

Lots of us are like that here. Hope you find a community online at least. Def helps! :ok_hand:

1 Like

True, it definitely makes one feel a lot less lonely when trading!

1 Like

Easier to get positive responses too vs. other communities that can sometimes be more “threatening” or where someone’s always looking to disagree :laughing:

True, some communities tend to be pretty combative.

1 Like

Same for me. I have a friend who trades, but stocks. I don’t know anyone who trades forex. Not even a brief encounter.

For a number of years I had a friend who I would discuss trading with. Both of us were quite new at the time and unprofitable.

It was like the blind leading the blind, but quite funny in retrospect.

As Jesse Livermore used to say, ‘I like to play a lone hand’.

Nothing worse than a know-it-all trader buddy coming along and spoiling your thesis.

In fact outside of this site and my blog, I never discuss trading - for fear of being labelled a degenerate gambler

I have had a few beers and a chat though with @steve369 - we go to the same local pub

Yes, I have two friends who live trade.Profile - Johnscott31 - BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum on this site and Hal who is a long-time pro trader who now owns a Forex business, investing on behalf of a rich clientele including a couple of hedge funds. New York Premier league, using the same Wall Street servers as Goldman Sachs uses. Hal is a tech guy who has developed algorithms to trade six differing market situations. He’s also a great guy - and profitable…

Hal got me interested, and gave me ‘insider’ advice in my early days, and John is a great sounding board I hope to emulate when my bulletproof trending strategy becomes continuously profitable…

1 Like