EUR/USD Prediction thread

I do trend-following systematic trading with 2% risk /trade

Been looking at this pair all day long. If you believe any harmonic trading it looks like there is a AB=CD bear setup around the 1.4550 mark. I want to short it but I will wait on all the fundamental data coming out during the early London session to see what it brings.

Do u guys think that USD will strengthen or weaken should the fed proceed with QE3?
I’ve got alot of mixed information from reading e news.

based on the news coming in this week for both currencies. I expect USD to weaken further before retracing back down. If it does not break 1.42 resistance level, it will range around 1.41 and 1.42 for the rest of the week.

Unless some news that turns out US is coming to a conclusion towards their debt i dont think USD will strengthen against EUR just yet. Expect price to hit 1.39 if bearish rally breaks through 1.41 support level.

Trade for the week overall outlook : slightly bullish :slight_smile:

I am waiting for the uptrand also.

I guess the uptrend is aiming 1.4400

guys,any suggestion for current EUR/USD?because im still newbie…kind of stuck…

My suggestion then would be paper trading until you know what you are doing.

i started reading about the school already…goin to finish soon…just trading some demo…thats why need some advice…oh ya…i wanna ask one question…i have install MT4 in my computer…the problem is,it does not have MACD with 2 line…i just have one line,which make it hard for me to see…is there any suggestion for the trading platform that provide those thing?thanks pro…

I agree with Buckscoder. Paper trade to get a feel of how the market is first.

however for this week i suggest not trading. As it is ranging until further notice/news on the week.
US will default i expect them to as both Obama and Boehner have their clear differences on how best to get over this. And they are both uncompromising towards the situation. Its very political but i wont go into details as to why its like that, it goes way back.

Once more economic news is reveal this coming Wednesday. Or when they finally decide to pass out the legislation then you can trade. Eur situation isn’t any better at all, Greece is pulling down all the other countries with is laden debt.

Therefore, its better to trade safe haven currencies for now. :slight_smile:

thanks melchsee

it seems eurusd will try to reach 1,50¡¡¡

like to listen opinions about,but i see the pair very bullish¡¡¡¡

profit taking…kachinggggg…$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

same here :slight_smile:

I longed this pair at 1.4143 today. I expect it to go to 1.47 at least

well I am an intraday trader so I went short currently cause the price had already gone to overbought region and there was a good zone of resistance.

Seems like QE3 is not going to happen.

They are still doing it to some extent:
“On June 22, 2011, the FOMC directed the Desk to continue reinvesting principal payments on all domestic securities in Treasury securities to maintain the Federal Reserve’s holdings of domestic securities at approximately $2.6 trillion.”

Also, don’t kid yourself. There are other ways of doing this than just buying treasuries especially when playing around with interest rates. “To some extent we are in midst of QE3 already, because by announcing the Fed will keep zero interest rates until the middle of 2013, they basically encourage financial institutions to borrow short-term and to buy 10-year Treasuries.”

“If markets remain under pressure, Bernanke could be forced to commit to something next week. If so, the most likely next step in our view will be duration extension of the Fed’s portfolio. Bernanke could even call it ‚sterilized QE,? giving the markets what they want to hear. The impact would be similar to outright QE with the curve likely flattening further and pushing yield-hungry investors into riskier assets. However, the impact on the dollar would be more limited as there is no outright increase in the money supply.”

short since 1.3550 currently …