European Football back in action!

Our worst season in years

How quickly we have forgotten that we used to always be like this.

I donā€™t watch European Football but is there any simple strategy to bet on it? And win?

American Footballā€™s simplest strategy is to bet to win on the visiting underdog team. Is there anything equivalent as that in Europe?

In the English league, maybe there used to be. Bet on the Top 4 teams to win, as they usually did. Thatā€™s down to 2 teams now, and the next 4-6 teams are a toss up.

I would still say, on most days, bet on the teams that spend the most money.

You also have to factor in, that in Europe, most top teams play a crazy amount of games. Sometimes 3 in a week. The top teams play in their domestic league AND within Europe against other domestic league (Italy, Germany, Spain, etc ) top teams. So for instance, a team like Liverpool , the current leader in the English league, will play in the following:

• English Premier league (the normal league play, 20 teams)
  • League Cup (92 teams from top 4 English leagues)
  • FA Cup (736 teams from all divisions of English football)

In ā€œEuropeā€

• Champions League (against the best teams from the other top domestic leagues, like Spain/La Liga, France/Ligue 1, Italy/Serie A, and Germany/Bundesliga)
  • Club World Cup
  • Carabao Cup
  • Uefa Super Cup

And then, with the really good teams, their top players normally play for their respective national teams, which depending on the year, are trying to qualify for the Olympics or World Cup, or the continental tournament in the World Cup off years.

So lots of games for top teams and players. Itā€™s pretty crazy.

1 Like

i remember. :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t forgotten lol

Spurs playing like old Spurs. ManU was taking it to Liverpool. Liverpool is showing some cracks.

And if you want quality football, donā€™t watch Arsenal V SHU. Arsenal are playing pure garbage.

Arsenal killing me! Granted, plenty of time on the clock, but still, giving up two goalsā€¦ so typical. Sad.

Poch out, Jose in! Wow! @cigarmanstan, itā€™s crazy time over there at Spurs.

European teams always show a great game. I like the game of English teams.

Oh, yeah. Lots of fun.

Well, Spurs are back with a win. Arsenal havenā€™t won in 6 across all games. Barely tied Southhampton in 19th place. Canā€™t imagine Unai lasts much longer, or at least needs to make different player selections.

Good news for Gunners maybe. Contact has been made with Massimilliano Allegriā€™s people.

I am excited for the return of the champions after the break for the FIFA match, I hope to see Barcelona playing tomorrow.

Early Christmas present, Emery has been sacked! Ljungberg in as interim. Finally a change In happy with.

Man, Mustafi needs to look for a new job! If itā€™s not him, itā€™s Socratis. We need something better than this duo.

Still ahead of ManU, but cā€™mon man.

@cigarmanstan. Iā€™m hearing Poch is being considered. Now wouldnā€™t that be something.

Something is an understatement.

And Messi and Rapinoe win the ballon dā€™or. Messi had insane stats as usual, and Rapinoe, well, she was just awesome for the USWNT. Congrats to them both. My man Auba made the list, but all the way back in 20th I think. Next time.

Arsenalā€¦ What can I say. Rock bottom is close.