EURUSD monthly

Haven’t shorted it for many weeks…actually I tried once but I kind of knew it might fail.
Strong uptrend, no reason to bother as buying at supports has made a fair amount of pippage.

Same with Aussie, I want to wait for the 1hr charts to prove themselves to the downside and then get in later.

That short is probably ok for a little distance but like San said it’s been in an uptrend, I’d rather get in long somewhere around 1.46 ish if possible.

Thanks for the input guys… your probably right. Its a strong uptrend, just that on my set up anyway PA is way into OB on the monthly. Day and weekly look pretty good too. 1.47 seems a reasonable place to expect it to hit a wall of resistance. San, H1 & H4 look to have flattened off and are making lower highs since last night. Mike, yes a have a TP at 1.46 based off the daily probable hi/lo retrace and one much lower down based off the monthly TF.

I’d go along with that completely. Bernanke today might give it the push down to that level (or further hopefully) for another reload. I think that any USD bullish rhetoric he tosses out will be bought and negated fairly aggressively in short order. Those Middle East sovereigns and ACBs just can’t get enough of the Euro these days it seems with their diversification out of the dollar efforts.

Wish I had known this thread was out here. ping. I’m subscribed now.

good thread but not a lot of activity on it. Where is everyone ?

Busy watching paint (E/U) dry maybe?

And the Royal Wedding today… bank holiday in UK both ends of this week… not good for volume.

Yeah… most of the girls around me in the office were watching the wedding via the net. There was much oohing an aahing. Watching E/U grind higher was only marginally more interesting.

You old romantic… si tu veux savoir conbien je’taime, compte les vagues (you want to know how great my love is? Count the waves). Elliott waves… naturally. LOL

thought I would revive this thread once again. EU has been in an uptrend for a long time anyone else along for the ride?

I have been taking Longs this week within the range we have had, made some decent pips. I have been Long various times over the past few weeks, but I tend not to do many long-term trades with this pair as I find it a bit newsy. I tend to place shorter trades and take the cash before the latest crisis hoves into view (on either side of the Atlantic!).

But I agree, this thread should be a good resource, this is generally a nice pair to trade, clear trends or clear ranges, for the most part.

Hopefully you were out of your longs before the ECB announcement…

Lol yes, thank you - learned the hard way to keep my wits about me when it comes to the news! Was nice while it lasted, but with NFP tomorrow think that’s me done for the week.

I’ll close it if price gets much below the center boll and then go long again if it looks to be breaking back above center

Mihihi. I exclusively was waiting for this big drop. Anouncement yes or now. This has nothing to do with Trichet. Even if he would sing and dance and tell you the rate would climb to 10 percent it was due for a drop. Today almost every single commodity dropped and all share indis also. Sell in May and go away …

Plus the apple was overdue. I was lurking since days to buy. Now I bought after the drop. Hopefully not too early, lol. :confused:

Stay light on your feet. Moves like that usually have a twin, and even a triplet. I just happened to be short. I didn’t get it all, I was asleep, and it hit my t/p for 100, then REALLY dropped.

And while we’re waiting for the next move, have a beer!

hands Buckscoder a Kulmbacher Eisseboch

:smiley:

Thanks and cheers Master Tang! :slight_smile:

All so new here, I am searching for the smileys, lol. I am busy now most of the time, because I do develop some things for android. My bots trade for me so I have a bit time, lol.

Yea, your right. Doubles, triples. Often you can see that. However. I picked 400 pips or so of good fruit in April after my 3rd bot told me so and unfortunately I sold too early not following bots advice. Now I think it could go higher, because W/M is still bullish. Plus everything else on the W/M is bullish, too. That’s why I was lurking for a dip. What I risk now is what I got, so it’s not really a big deal. Chance is higher than risk. :wink:

Not seen you around in a looong while [B]Buckscoder[/B] ‘them ther’ planes (oops, sorry ‘aeroplanes’… I know you pilots are strict on communication… ‘I have control’… ‘You have control’… etc) must be taking up your time? Nice to see you and your ‘bots’ back’. :57:

You know… that news move is nearly imperceptible on a weekly time frame chart