EURUSD monthly

Good afternoon, together! :slight_smile:

I do not know what to do, so I stay out. All looks today with a bearish tone.

Well, my bots are still working hard, lol. One made a long profit and now tries a short. Weā€™ll see ā€¦

edit: Okay another profit. Something looks suspicious now ā€¦

Hey Buck, glad you are green:57:. Not so suspicious, just the typical low Vol summer trading. I was hitting shorts this morning in my personal account, and did well, this is the first time in about 3-4 years I have done any summer trading. The ā€œIf I canā€™t get a read on the market I stay outā€ is a very wise concept, keeps one from taking losses when not necessary :wink:

The Ever Looking For The Green VIPER

Congrats regarding your profits, Viper. :slight_smile:

Yea, low volume summer is a good hint. Plus maybe some traders are too lazy from watching fireworks yesterday, lol.

One interesting trade could have been made by looking at xau today on the H1. Bounced off the pp at London open and is now hovering at R3.

Eur looks a little less bullish now, lol. :smiley:

Lazy, naaah, hungover yes hehehehe. Yessir bounceolicious. I am impressed with the action on the EUR today, Huge colon blow downwards, I clipped a bit off the move but I did not expect the follow through. Nice to see it all the same.

The Ever Watching VIPER

Bucks, thanks for the reply, trading from the hospital this week, Mrs Viper had surgery. Trading and trading banter gets my mind off of worrying believe it or not.

Ur welcome! Oh sry, I wish then all will become well with Mrs. Viper. :slight_smile:

All you folks who where short should send a nice thank you note to Moodyā€™s :wink:

One of the few times those scoundrels ever did anything for me :slight_smile: I totally underestimated the reaction, I really thought that it was priced into the market already.

The Ever Learning VIPER

Not surprised at all.

Wheeeeeee!!!

:smiley:

I went short on Monday evening at 1.4491. Set my original TP at 1.4258, but might bottle it before then, given how sharp the selling has been. Didnā€™t expect it to move like this!

I opened 3 trades Sunday night. Short E/U, E/J, and E/CH

Just closed the E/U, and E/J.

The one Iā€™m kicking myself over was shutting down the E/CH. I closed it after 6 hours or so of it just meandering. It started to look like a bit of a bull flag. I shoulda stuck to my gunsā€¦

Never know though do ya?

I know exactly what you mean - I had been waiting on EUR/CHF for a while, looking to short from a retracement to around 1.2400. I looked at Mondayā€™s Daily bar, but decided that it was a little short for my liking, and Price had not retraced to where I had hoped, and I had other setups that looked nicer, so I stuck to my rules and didnā€™t take it. It would be a 5:1 or so trade by now, sigh!!

So I feel your pain, but as you say we never know. Wish we did, thoughā€¦

Good afternoon! :slight_smile:

Well, it seems like itā€™s riding back to accumulation zone.

Just some info for the day:

Looks like a value buy on H4 and H1.

D1 til M1 stable bullish. H4 still bullish with some dents. Below stable bearish til indifferent.

My screen looks like a red light district now. Lots of red lights flashing, lol. :smiley:

Well Iā€™ve just bailed out as PA is too close to S3 on the daily fib pp. Probable bounce from there?

My guess is it will go down to 1.4280 a settle around that numberā€¦

Had 3 short positions, made a hefty 400 pips combined :slight_smile:

Missed the big drop this morning. Dā€™oh. Iā€™m long now from 1.4310. Seemed to be some decent bids before 1.43. Up a little but will be moving stop to b/e pretty quickly on this one as I thought weā€™d get down to 1.4280 or thereabouts.

made more pips scalpingā€¦ but now I have closed all my positionsā€¦ i am out until Trichet speechā€¦

Yeah I took +21 on the first long and then took +20 after the drop to the Fibo. Shouldā€™ve stuck in the 2nd one for longer. Meh, shaping up to be a middling week for me. Think Iā€™ll stay out of E/U until tomorrow afternoon also.

NFPs on Friday already? Canā€™t believe itā€™s been a month since the last ones. Time sure is zipping along lately.

Hi all Iā€™m Chris, a newbie to this forumā€¦wanted to share some ideas as well as cultivate some from this siteā€¦Iā€™ve Short EUR/USD since 1.4478ā€¦thinking about holding on for a little longer and was wondering if anyone had ideas if we might enter 14200 area againā€¦any ideas guys?

Thanks in Advance