EURUSD monthly

No longer term I’m with you [B]ST[/B] its either break of support and heading on down south… or were moving into a ramging market. But don’t usually hit the hay until around 03:00’ish GMT and if I think its there, will take a 20-50 pip punt! :slight_smile:

Well I got my 20. :smiley: So into London? A break long doesn’t seem out of the question. :smiley:

Edit: The bounce around here ( 1.3223) ? Slate me in the morning lol.

Some support in this region 1.32 and above. If it continues next stop, I have around the 1.3070 region.

Glad you got your 20, nicely done. With small kids I had to get to bed earlier, ready for a snowy school run!

Another good thing about Forex is that differing views can all turn out to be right depending on the timeframe traded.

My (short) order was triggered overnight at 1.3252. Saw the area of resistance you mention, which it has just hit, so have as planned trailed my Stop to breakeven. Either it does bounce, stops me out and it is a neutral trade, or it punches through and I have a bonus 30 pips ahead of the main drop. Can’t lose!

The 200 EMA is currently intersecting with the resistance line so although this could obviously go either way, the longer term trend is with me so my chances are way better than 50-50.

Yea its perplexing!:o Anyway pending a break of that pretty solid support level, I’m long at 1.3209.

[B]ST[/B]… count your blessings. Eight of mine still live at home. School run involves three schools and a 26 mile round trip twice a day! I’m in the Cotswolds so imagine not to disimilar to the Peak District re the Snow. A 4X4 is not a Chelsea tractor for us! :smiley:

so much for that idea, bailed near BE

“sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn’t”
-Chief Dan George

Crikey, suddenly I feel better. I have just the three kids, with only two at school, yet. It’s currently 15 miles round trip twice a day through the heavy snow, taller than the car in a few places, but at least the Defender is up to the job. Suddenly doesn’t sound as bad as it did this morning!! I know what you mean about Chelsea tractors, too, we use them as they are intended up here. I know the Cotswolds pretty well, have family there, so guess our experiences are pretty similar, yes. We hit -12 last night. Ouch.

My short trade is currently bouncing back on me a little, still struggling to break the 200 EMA, back to only 20 or so pips up, so I’m not home yet! And as long as you got out near BE it is always worth trying these things - free trades are the best losers by far.

I mean the 200 EMA on the Hourly chart, by the way, although I placed my trade on the Daily I guess that that Hourly 200 is what is causing the hesitation.

I don’t Know Mike 4h sentiment seems to be turning? Price has crossed the median of the 4h HA. An average of the average price. :D:D:D

No bot trades today, but my contest freight train stop long is still in play. :slight_smile:

1.3210 trade seems on track. Think the likely area of resistance will be around 1.3286 to 1.33 though.

Rest of the week more important news hence more volatility likely.

If I look at the daily it doesn’t convince me that it will go down far. Upper tl still not broken, but perforated a lot and it is not really dropping down. I see a tendency to range (85%) and thereafter I don’t know. The bottom tl since 118 is a key here for me.

it looks middle of the road on all time frames to me, no trade setups right now.

It dropped on the daily after that previous post so I wen’t long for a 30 pip scalp. I should have held on for more but wont cry over pips left on the table. It’s back in the middle now so that’s enough for today.

Somewhere a few posts back the subject of hedging came up. Here is the thread I mentioned where hedging is discussed.
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/15567-about-hedging-2.html#post232666
didn’t see any reason to bang my head against a brick wall in that thread though. LOL

ok, so here’s a hedging idea. look at a daily chart, most days the high will be higher than the previous day’s low and the low will be lower than the previous day’s high. So if you sell the high and buy the low one day, you should be able to exit both trades in profit the next day. This requires being able to pick the day’s high and low as it’s happeing. You can’t pick exact highs and lows but you can get ‘close’. But catching both the high and the low in the act would require watching the chart all day 24hrs and I need to sleep sometime. Oh well. I’ll just stick with one or the other and not both at the same time.

what a day!!! headless chicken FX

LOL! I did fine today just tossing a coin! Heads I buy, tails I sell!

Of course I’m kidding… It was tea leaf reading.

:smiley:

I’m flat on this pair, but I was just looking back to the end of September when the Euro was on the way up at the same price, and the different reaction then (A) compared to now.

Then it was a rocket to the moon, but now that 3200-3250 zone is a real swampland of fair value. With recent brief forays both higher and lower, we are back in the swamp again.

still aiming for 3070 if 32 is closed below on a daily basis.

I don’t think it will get to 3070

For the last three days I’ve been short at 1.3245. :mad:
Was hoping to see it start dropping down toward the 1.30 – 1.29 area.
But it seems some big buyers keep stepping in below 1.32.and kicking it back up into the mid 1.32’s :mad:

good article by Jamie Coleman over on the forexlive site re EU for the next few days…
It’s gonna go soon… | ForexLive