Favorite vacation destination when you're not busy analyzing charts

lol, if you think that’s a problem, you want to try finding an “address” in Tokyo, some time (with or without asking for help!) - we’ll send a search party for you, a few days later … and then another one a few days after that, to find the first one :open_mouth: :grinning:

1 Like

True, sometimes it’s hard but locals like us know the streets! The city might look confusing but it’s pretty well organized. In 1755 we had a huge earthquake and basically, all of the city was destroyed (or at least, a big part of it). After that, we had a man called Marques de Pombal who planned a new Lisbon, this is the map:

Like this doesn’t look as bad, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This looks so easy navigate! Finding your way around won’t be hard at all!

haha I wish!! One day soon I hope to have the opportunity to get lost in Tokyo!
@flamingoproxy Any city you’d like to visit? Or any particular places you enjoy going to? Any views that you really like?

How about you @MoranKy? Any places you really like or would like to visit?

The M&M store!!

imagen

imagen

I wanna go so bad!

I’d love to do a shopping spree in there! But in reality, I think $50 is enough for one person. I don’t think I’d want to leave that store with 10 kilos of candy. If I were going to share it or make it last for a year or more, then sure.

It’d be great to have some candy ready to go for a movie night, or game night.

I’ve heard of Malta a few times. But I don’t know much about it. I looked it up and the pictures look really nice!

So, they have their own language, but also speak English. That’s convenient. They’re also in the EU.

Does every view look good with a blue sky?

I was there 2 times, the first time in summer and the second time in winter. Personally, I like Malta in winter because there aren’t as many tourists, and it’s cheaper. It’s really beautiful. The official languages of Malta are Maltese and English

1 Like

In Morocco, I faced navigation problems in the ancient city labyrinths. Narrow alleyways and the absence of street names complicated orientation. Language barriers and periodic loss of mobile connectivity made the situation more challenging. Seeking help from locals who led me to my hotel, they expected payment. Moreover, their road traffic in the cities is a nightmare

1 Like

On the streets of Lisbon, we once noticed a family preparing and selling snails on a weekend. It looked a bit unusual, but it was delicious.

1 Like

Everyone gets so disgusted when I tell then about the snails :joy:
Glad you tried them and enjoyed them!

1 Like

+Sintra (National Palace of Pena) Not the best photos but in internet you can find better )

3 Likes

Beautiful pictures!

Yeah, I’d be scared to try them. Then again, I like oysters, clams, and other shellfish. So, what could be the difference? Snails are just on land.

Through the lips, over the gums, look out stomach, here it comes!

When I was on a business trip in Korea, our partners took us to a fish market where we ate live octopuses. It was really scary

1 Like

Wait, live or raw? Eating an animal alive must be awful. There are tons of creatures in nature that do that, but I’d rather wait at least until it’s dead.

I tried sliced live octopus, some of my colleagues ate whole ones

1 Like

I don’t have my own video, didn’t feel like filming, but I found the exact place where we were

1 Like

Jeez. Part of me thinks that’s crazy. But another part of me understands that this is often how animals eat in the wild. Sometimes they kill you, then eat you; sometimes, you’re still alive.

When animals catch insects, they just bite into them and chow down. When birds catch a mouse, sometimes they just take a bite while holding it down. Damn, nature, you scary.

What would you guys prefer?

Visit 20 different cities across 10 different countries, a few days each…or visit one city in three different countries, a month at a time?

imagen

When you visit quickly, you can really see a lot of interesting things around the world. It will open your eyes to how big the world can be.

When you stay in one place and visit several times, you get to know that area and people more closely–not just the fun and exciting stuff. The longer you stay, the more you can learn the language, the customs, the cuisine, and the area. You become less of a tourist and more of a local. You won’t have to ask where the supermarket is anymore.

Once you’re comfortable with that particular area, you can start exploring farther and farther.

It’s all about preference, of course. I would like to develop a deeper knowledge of just a few places, than a little knowledge of lots of places. I’d like to visit a few places, a month at a time, repeatedly.

What’s y’all’s preference?

Acapulco Bay was very nice. Watch the cliff divers. Eat at Su Casa on the mountain side overlooking the bay through the beautiful flowers all the way down to the beach.

Aruba, Eagle Beach. Chartering a sailboat down to Venezuela.

Jamaica at an all-inclusive resort.

But I do want to visit the Canaries some day.

2 Likes

Major storm damage there recently.