Favorite vacation destination when you're not busy analyzing charts

Where are you from? That’s kind of hard for me to figure out.

If anyone is planning coming to Devon I can lead a hiking expedition onto Dartmoor.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Where were you when we were trying to find our way through the barren lands of Mordor??

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s never happened to me.

But the place has its tales and legends…

1 Like

Yet…

You never know when you might stumble across a wormhole and end up somewhere unpleasant in history.

Those are some gnarly mosquitoes! Is everyone in Nigeria vaccinated against malaria? Is that an annual thing or something you only need to do once?

1 Like

The Azores Islands are an ideal place for a fantastic vacation, with untouched nature and more cows than people. The thrill of witnessing majestic whales in their natural habitat is truly incredible. Diving there is fascinating, and you can even dive with sharks, but I didn’t dare to try it.

+Lisbon and Porto are beautiful cities with the most delicious food and exquisite port wine. If you love tuna, then this is definitely your next stop.

1 Like

Wow!!

That’s my city right there! Beautiful minha Lisboa, always!

2 Likes

How do you navigate those streets? That’s not a grid at all!

Some cities have streets numbered, and they’re easy to navigate. If you’re on 12th street, and you’re looking for 20th street, well, just go eight blocks north.

But some cities only use names for each street. If I’m on Queen st, how do I find Main st?

When the street map looks like the web of a drunken spider, I call bad planning.

Even a hillside city could have more organization. Just like this rice field. Each street could have a number.
imagen

But instead some city streets have names and are difficult to find without asking for help.

1 Like

lol, if you think that’s a problem, you want to try finding an “address” in Tokyo, some time (with or without asking for help!) - we’ll send a search party for you, a few days later … and then another one a few days after that, to find the first one :open_mouth: :grinning:

1 Like

True, sometimes it’s hard but locals like us know the streets! The city might look confusing but it’s pretty well organized. In 1755 we had a huge earthquake and basically, all of the city was destroyed (or at least, a big part of it). After that, we had a man called Marques de Pombal who planned a new Lisbon, this is the map:

Like this doesn’t look as bad, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This looks so easy navigate! Finding your way around won’t be hard at all!

haha I wish!! One day soon I hope to have the opportunity to get lost in Tokyo!
@flamingoproxy Any city you’d like to visit? Or any particular places you enjoy going to? Any views that you really like?

How about you @MoranKy? Any places you really like or would like to visit?

The M&M store!!

imagen

imagen

I wanna go so bad!

I’d love to do a shopping spree in there! But in reality, I think $50 is enough for one person. I don’t think I’d want to leave that store with 10 kilos of candy. If I were going to share it or make it last for a year or more, then sure.

It’d be great to have some candy ready to go for a movie night, or game night.

I’ve heard of Malta a few times. But I don’t know much about it. I looked it up and the pictures look really nice!

So, they have their own language, but also speak English. That’s convenient. They’re also in the EU.

Does every view look good with a blue sky?

I was there 2 times, the first time in summer and the second time in winter. Personally, I like Malta in winter because there aren’t as many tourists, and it’s cheaper. It’s really beautiful. The official languages of Malta are Maltese and English

1 Like

In Morocco, I faced navigation problems in the ancient city labyrinths. Narrow alleyways and the absence of street names complicated orientation. Language barriers and periodic loss of mobile connectivity made the situation more challenging. Seeking help from locals who led me to my hotel, they expected payment. Moreover, their road traffic in the cities is a nightmare

1 Like

On the streets of Lisbon, we once noticed a family preparing and selling snails on a weekend. It looked a bit unusual, but it was delicious.

1 Like