Forex MegaDroid

Unless a broker explicitly prohibits the use of EAs, there’s no problem with it whatsoever. Most major brokers welcome EAs.

which VPS are you using?

In order to trade MD with a fixed lot size you must use the following settings:

lotsize: (whatever you desire to trade) i.E. 1.0

Risk: 0

PT

Your are right … I change the settings and Bingo now it shows 1 lot … By the way what does the risk level means for MD … Would this affect in any way the trades or TP pips ?

Thank you

I agree most brokers allow EA but once you making money they don’t like the EA anymore , that’s what I heard on the forums

Do not believe all you hear on Forums…lol

There are a few good ECN MT 4 Brokers to choose from. All outfits aka InterbankFX, which give you a fixed spread with an automated DD are under normal circumstances Bucket Shops and must be avoided, because they trade against their own clients.
Only brokers, who really “Straight pass through” your trade and charge you a commission with variable spreads deserve the name “Broker”.

But back to the topic…What is risk in MD?

In laymen terms it is the percentage amount a trader risks per trade with the maximum SL hit(not the actual).
So what is max SL?
Hard coded 150 pips in the EA and can only be canged, if you have the source code.
How is SL determined?
It is either minimum 40 pips(if H/L too close) or the 24h High/Low maximum 150 pips.

The already coded idea to vary risk wit SL is good, but not existing in the original EA.

Anybody here ever understood or explained “how MD trades” or determines entries?
What indicators are used and what this “fantastic” market prediction really is?(RCTPA)…lol

Are you traders aware, that the MD EA has a trade delay timer, which allows “certain” people to place their trades before the crowed?

PT

Thank you for the information … LOL do not believe all u read on forums <

I got the point on how the risk level works … Now you talk about the brokers I have a few selection to choose from , which included:

Alpari UK (preferred )
Alpari US ( bad reviews on forums but I like)
Interbank ( second option for now)
FXCM (too high spread )

What do you think?

BY THE WAY NOW YOU MENTIONED ANYONE KNOW HOW MD EA WORKS . WHICH INDICATORS THEY USE … How it determine the upwards and downwards impulses …

Thank you

1.Alpari UK= DD, no SPT, no ECN unless Pro account, trade against client positions, russian owners, no FSA insurance even so located in the UK.

2.Alpari US=who wants to trade in the US with dismal spreads on top of 1 above

3.InterbankFX=worst bucket shop seen in history of FX. Former R.Gray outfit with all bad signs like already explained in 1

4.FXCM= well known in the industry as one of the most aggressive brokers who trades against their clients. Their BT accounts are expensive and of dismal speed.

Resumee:

None of these outfits meets any standard of a serious brokerage firm. None of these outfits come close to any professional standard for spreads or order execution.
All red flags available in the financial industry are with this type of firms.
If you trade with these outfits, no matter how good your method is, they want you to lose 100% of your deposit in 3 months. And be rest assured, these guys know how to help you to meet that target.

Serious MT4 Brokers with ECN and SPT:

MB Trading, US, no segregated funds

PFG Best, US, no segregated funds

ATC(Avail Trading Corp) 48k FSA insured

GoMarkets(Australia) fully insured

My question about the trading methodology of MD was just out of personal interest.
Are you folks trading a black box system without having any clue what it does?(besides trading)

And folks, do not bother setting MD on different TF`s--------

These are hard coded and you can not change these.

15 min standard

5 min aggressive

PT

Only one trade in 2 weeks, but it was a winner.

Hi TheProTrader,

What you’re saying interested me a lot. Could you please enlighten us on “black box system” you are referring to? are you saying MD is a fraud ? Sorry I’m new to this, my questions may sound stupid

No, MD is not a fraud at all.

Just look at some of the available trade results, since this EA hit the markets last year in late April. MD has certainly lived up to its hype.

What i am talking about is the problem, that certain settings in the EA can not be changed and a trader has simply to trade what he gets.
That along with the insane risk level some results are achieved with makes, at least me, to some extent uneasy.
A golden trading rule says, that you should never risk more than 2-3% of your trading capital per trade. With MD certain results are achieved by risking 20%-30% of the trading capital per trade. If you switch the recovery mode on, double that risk until you break even again.
In laymen terms it means, that you risk up to 60% or more of your account in the event of consecutive losers.

Just hope traders understand that.

PT

Than you > Theprotrader

It was very helpful the information you get me for the brokers , I was checking each one .And for me ATC Brokers comes to the 1 option .NDD-ECN-STP , Insured and so far my google research shows the best reviews .
Only negative the minimum account allowed is $5000 in I was looking to open an account with $3000 but $5000 will works as well .

MD:

Im been playing with this EA for 8 month now I try every config , even change the GMT time ( which was catastrophic) .

MD works really good and even it trade only 3 / 4 times a week 98% are wins with a $1000-1500 profit a month on $3000 account

Knowing how MD works will be great but believe me Forex is complicated enough for the new traders to try to understand how a software works … will get krazy LOL :smiley:

ProTrader thanks again for the information , Was very helpful

@TheProTrader
You use MD?

Hi Kara

Very interesting . I ask myself same question 8 months ago … Was MD a fraud ( scam) …

I try it just in demo account but after many hours of use I can say it is NOT a scam … MD is very profit , I haven’t try any other EA but this one works for sure …

you can see my stadistics here :

mt4pips.com

This MT4 has been on for 3 month with $4000 + in profit …

I hope this help to clear your doubts

Thanks Theprotrader and richhope for clearing things up. I really appreciate your inputs :slight_smile:

Does look like there is a 58% drawdown and one loss cut the account in half at April 24th. Two such losses in a row and you are “dead”. You know that?

Hi

1st win last week for me on MD- after a couple of years of trading manually I couldn’t quite believe what I was seeing. I’m sure it won’t always be straight forward but it was really impressive!

In terms of managing the droid, I have it installed on a machine at home that I have left on all week. I know that some of you seem to use a VPS- is this the preffered option?

For those of you who trade it off of a PC/laptop- do you close it down at weekends/vacations etc?

I’m just trying to figure out how it works- whether it will start looking for trades as soon as its live or whether it has to gather data before it trades, in other words whether there is a lag between boot up and potential trade?

Sorry if these seem basic questions but any help would be much appreciated

Mark

Very interesting post. If you read back a couple pages there is a post by Doom Lord, who made a mod where you can actually set the risk level according to the SL. So high SL = low lot size and vica virsa.

About the black box system. Ofcourse it can be dangerous trading a black box system, but I think I got a basic understanding on how MD works. It’s a scalping system that is profitable on the flat asian market that trades based on RSI, moving average and the daily range. If for some reason the asian market becomes very volatile it’s probably best to off MD ( that’s why I’m currently running it with 5% risk ).

Are you traders aware, that the MD EA has a trade delay timer, which allows “certain” people to place their trades before the crowed?

Do you have any proof on this? Sure this is possible and I can expect it from the MD creators, but I’m not sure if it’s really neccesary. Does MD really have enough users/money to move the biggest market?

I only start my MD laptop when it can trade i.e. 22.00 my time monday-thursday. If it doesn’t trade before 01.00 I shut it down. Easy enough.

myfxbook.com/members/WendyL/wendyl/4545

1.MD trades only from 21GMT to 23GMT, Mo-Thur. and not during the last three days of a month(note a bug here on shorter than 31 day months)
This trade time is hard coded and can only be changed by manipulating the GMT offset settings(so called Advanced Droid Tactics), which has not been proven to be profitable.
Note that you can not change the 2h trade duration window, even with a different GMT setting.

2.Indeed MD uses a 2 TF RSI level entry along side a channel break and 3 more indicators.

3.It is always good to use a VPS to have your platform connected at all times.

4.I have already commented on the good idea to adjust risk according to SL, which is a good feature to control risk, but still the risk vs reward ratio stays at 1:4 to 1:15 or 10 pips vs 150 pips SL.

5.Original MD can not be optimized and hard coded settings might or might not be the most profitable or desirable for existing market conditions.

6.Entry is very spread dependent

PT

Overall MD is a pretty robust and solid system with room for improvement.