Forex MegaDroid

I do not evangelise, for FMD is by no means Jesus Christ. I nonetheless have all reasons to be convinced that FMD is a genuine product, since it’s been the only robot of all I’ve used that proved to be working for me over time. Statements to my accounts, links to which I posted earlier in this thread, are streaming live through the MT4Stats.com website. Should the robot incur a loss, those following the statements will see it immediately. I am not trying to make FMD look better than it really is or worse than it really is. If you don’t like my posts, don’t read them. Simple as that.

The whole world of EAs is suspicious. So many do very little or if they do perform with such high loss size compared to win size and trade fairly in frequently that you can go a year with a great strike rate but over 2-3 year period the system is a loss making one.

As for megadriod it does seem that very few if any people are able to get the same entries. I was starting to wonder if there was some random algorithm in the coding that deliberately meant that slightly different positions are taken by different traders. By nature this would create some winners and some losing traders. but in this marketing day and age you only need one person to say how amazing it is and the possibilites seem too good to miss.

Naturally I don’t think that is what happens with MD but the resulting out come is the same. I have still not found 20 traders not selling it who think it is as good as it claims to be. Says a lot considering its meant to have sold 1000s:-).

Anyway…as usual this EA will/has become open source and thats when everyone tries it and realises it’s not quite as good as it seems and then a new EA will be born to replace it as the “best thing since” in clickbank:-).

All in my opinion ofcourse.

What would the reason behind implementing such an algorithm be? How would MegaDroid’s developers benefit from it?

If they put as much effort into the bot as they did the launch - Forex MegaDroid JV Details then it should be quite impressive but even by their own admission they can’t have reached 200 sales yet:
from Forex MegaDroid

As part of this special launch, the first 200 copies will be offered for an introductory price of $97 - no subscription - no ongoing payments whatsoever! We are excited about this launch and want you to enjoy it as well.

It’s our gift to the first 200 lucky Forex MegaDroid Robot owners… take advantage of it!

NOTE: This is NOT a marketing gimmick. We ARE raising the price of the robot once the first 200 copies fly off the shelves.

Unless of course it WAS a marketing gimmick :slight_smile:

But it’s this complete absence (and complete lack of anything other than legally required admission of this lack) of live performance that has to be an issue. Maybe it’s a cultural thing but from where I’m sitting there are many instances where claims are not what they seem or could easily be misunderstood. For example, this from the sales page (link above):

"No Forex Broker In The World Will Ever Know You Are Trading With Forex MegaDroid, No Forex Broker Will Ever Be Able To Stop Forex MegaDroid� From At Least Quadrupling Every Dollar You Deposit … "

This does not claim that FMD WILL quadruple every dollar you deposit but that no one will detect it doing so. Equally one could claim:

“No Forex Broker In The World Will Ever Know You Are Trading With Forex MegaDroid, No Forex Broker Will Ever Be Able To Stop Forex MegaDroid� From losing every dollar you invest…”

So what’s with the quadrupling thing then - it appears no less than seven times on the page but in such a way that though repetition and typographical emphasis may encourage you to read what you want to read (here’s something that will quadruple your money - hoorah!) this has been carefully vetted to ensure that you can’t seek redress if the quadrupling effect evades you.

Take this for instance:

The only way to CONSISTENTLY quadruple every single dollar deposited in your trading account is by having a robot that works with deadly accuracy in every single market condition.

You could actually argue with that if you wanted to be pedantic (I don’t) but notice how the name of the product is dropped and substituted with ‘a robot’.

If this product is so good why does it have to be marketed in such a dubious manner?

Well obviously we have to accpet megadroid developers are in it for the money generated from selling it.

Have you ever looked in the back of a cheap tabloid and seen all those tipster phone lines? Most will be owned by the same person/people/company. ONe one line for a race they will tip horse/dog no 1 and on another no 3 and on another no 4 as an example. If all 3 place they are likely to keep their punters happy and most will call the line again the next day. Say the next day only one of the lines wins or procudes a place. The one of the 3 will have now won twice in a row. So in essance they can have a punter come back 3 times despite the rest losing more often than not.

In a trading sense this could be done so that given say 100 sales 5% could generate a decent winning streak and thus give positive reviews.

But as I said I am not saying that that is what is happening but just highlighting the fact that given the nature of trading and risk taking associated with it…they need very little positive reviews to generate a decent income from it.

tejw…I am very much like you. I have been trying to do a review on MD on my site for a few weeks but have been unable to get a few open source versions to work properly. I even offered �100 to someone who actually “trades an single known EA for a year with a real account and can porduce the mt4 account and their broker account statements to match to show a profit”. As of yet no takers.

Why don’t you ask its marketers this question? To me, all that matters is whether a product works or not and whether there is an unconditional full refund guarantee to safely test it out. Both of these are the case with MegaDroid.

whats the criteria required to get the refund?

GTS2009, you wouldn’t want to be too much like me :smiley: but it is good to find that there is the possibility of voicing reservations about such bots in the face of the absolute barrage of positive (but almost entirely unsubstantiated) claims about this product.

Let’s assume the remaining 95% were losers. How would MegaDroid’s developers then profit from its sales, provided that ClickBank ensures an unconditional 60-day full refund guarantee on all purchases?

A simple request, submitted to ClickBank by email.

1. if you dont like the robot, just leave this thread and let people discuss the robot on their own.

2. i think its pretty helpful that bravehoststamps posts statements to his accounts, just to see how it performs and if it is matching my statements.

3. you guys just dont get the importance of marketing. no marketing = no sells.
    everyone with some knowledge of business will tell you this. even if your product is really good but you dont have good marketing your product will be a loser.
    do you think those guys in the video on md page really exist? i havent googled their names, but anyway i am pretty sure those guys are actors. same goes with the fap sales page, where a actor was advertising the product. a member of the fap team admited it in a forum. it just doesnt look good if some 20 year old are advertising the product. an older person is more trustworthy. now you can like or hate that fact, but thats just the way those things work.

4. a few people have the source code, and they all say its not an easy robot which was done in 5 minutes. the strategy behind it is really complex and good.

5. MD is working great until now.

6. if you dont like md, dont trade it. if you dont like the marketing, just close that md sales page. whats the problem guys?

60 days is not enough to know if the system will be profitable over it’s lifetime.

Firstly, trust me I know about marketing(happy to discuss offsite if need be). And I know were their product something of real, genuine quality they would not market it the way they do and more to the fact that if it were advertised in a regulated media outlet such as TV they would not be allowed to advertise they way they do.

It’s not a question of not liking MD…but there is an issue that there are many EA/click bank type products that are sold purely to make money for the marketers and will not make money for their traders. As an owner of a trading system review site it’s in my interest to find out if MD is any good or not.

Simple as that. Even positive posters on this thread have highlighted issues such as different trades taken depending which broker/MT4 provider you are using. This is clearly an issue in itself.

Personally I don’t care if bravehoststamps or any other poster thinks it’s great or thinks it’s a load of BS. I am just trying to find out. If a newbie bought this…plugged it into any forex MT4 platform and traded it as described for a year would they…make “[B]1,193.40% a year[/B]” like everyone should have so far this year? does it work in “[B]EVERY SINGLE MARKET CONDITION [/B]” as stated…"[B]will it have a “95.82% accuracy over a long period of time[/B]” etc etc etc

If you wonder, I’ve been running MegaDroid with various brokers since its launch in early April and it has proven to be profitable ever since. Yet if you are looking for a $97 absolute grail machine which will be providing for you for a lifetime no matter what happens in the world and on the financial markets in the future, you are sure in the wrong field. :rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed how on the top of the web sales page they give an illusion that its seen on CBS, Fox TV etc plastered across the top even FAPT did this!

Shame on MD implying the web results are LIVE, yes they are live but a live demo…LOL Misleading marketing

Anyone attending the expensive seminar in London?

Is that fraud and misleading or what? Theses EA’s have never been on TV, have they??

But I put it down to American BS hype!!

I have made my investment back since but these tactics piss me off if its so good just live accounts showing performance is sufficient.

Any way lets see if the actors look like the real people attending the hotel In London seminar…or are they talking a deal with Madam Tussauds…LOL

So my theory on EA’s is milk them till you see them start of a turn then, look for another.

You only know a good deal only when you take the plunge and not from 2nd hand info, got to do it yourself, and suck it and see as they say then move on if its not for you

Edz

Tobias, we have different notions of the point of forum threads. I don’t see it as being somewhere that only embraces those who are enthusiastic about the subject, but instead as a site of discussion, where a diversity of views are aired. In the spirit of diversity I am contributing a degree of scepticism to a subject that has had much critical comment overwhelmed by the flood of supposed forex review sites experiencing a Pauline conversion and signing up for the FMD dollar. Both you and previously bravehoststamps have suggested that my presence is unwanted in this discussion but should you want access to bravehoststamps/pipsbusters info I have previously provided a link to 17 other forums where he is disseminating this information.

Great. bravehoststamps has also achieved remarkable results with both forex beater and forex auto trader and posted great results in support of this. He sounds like an excellent trader if he is able to make significiant sums almost regardless of the EA being deployed but there seems a distinct lack of anyone else showing such success. On this basis I would credit bravehoststamps rather than the tool he is using. And let’s not forget, the undetectable nature of FMD means that we have to take on face value the fact that it was actually used for these accounts - why not one of the other successful bots that bravehoststamps has in his armory or indeed his own skill with trading?

So its OK to pitch a customer a crock of lies is your essential position? And if it’s open season in the duplicity stakes surely the whole thing is most likely a fabrication? The marketing strikes me as good only in the sense that it is preying on the vulnerable and those who have exhibited a predilection to be duped. I suspect that more people would claim their refund if it wasn’t for the embarrassment they felt about really thinking that they would quadruple their money.

I’m a noob but I can see how, with access to eight years of historical data (2001-9) you can backtest and refine an algorithm so that it coincides with almost all the swings of note in the market over that period. Not saying I could program such a thing, however, and hats off to the code monkeys who did it to achieve the 95.82% accuracy so yep it probably is complex and good - in regard to historical data - but again there is a bit of slippage going on with “EVERY SINGLE market condition” because it clearly has not been exposed to every single market condition. The reason I suspect it makes trades only intermittently is that it carries out pattern matching against historical precedents and acts accordingly. They probably have only coded in those patterns that recur with sufficient regularity to avoid false positives but, because the market is necessarily volatile, such confirmation of these patterns is infrequent. And, if this is the basic premise of the EA, it does run the risk of coming up against a pattern that matches but then diverges, potentially in catastrophic fashion (guess that’s where the 95.82% comes in!).

Fantastic - let’s see some results from a second contented customer

Back to point 1, a forum is about a diversity of opinions that can lead on to decision-making. A bit more variety in those opinions will lead to more informed decisions, so I’ll stick around.

I’d say a year’s money back guarantee would be appropriate given that they claim 1,193.40% a year. Unfortunately FMD sail very close to the grail position you elaborate - the aforementioned massive percentage, the quadrupling effect and the invocation of “every single market condition”. Sure, you can berate a customer for believing the deceptions of a company but I still think the deceiving company needs to take a bit of the blame.

it’s not about finding the the grail. I have been trading for the last 6 for myself and as of yet I have not found one of the these EAs to do what they say on the tin. They are always margined to the hilts in order to be able to report these great 800%+ returns, they aim for a massive 90% strike rate that means you lose up to 4 times as much when you lose than when you win in some EAs.

The point is system trading is about the Math. The math has to add up. Unfortunately I don’t believe in because it’s cheap its allowed not to be perfect. Thats why they sell it at these prices because they know most will happily loose $100 for trying to find 1000% return. Sure it’s only $97 but that does not mean it should not remain pofitable over a given time.

If you want as system that you are happy with because it just covers costs and makes some money for short while before losing it all back for you…I can create one of those in minutes. Just ask.

But I will say this that…if it does do what it says on the tin I will shout it from the roof tops and more importantly trade my real �25k account with it and make a nice wedge with 1000% returns. :slight_smile:

I am not quite sure why when I look for more evidence of MD actually working as described some get really defensive and quite angry?

Here’s another little google search for y’all. Now, unless there’s just one team of copy writers servicing the forex market, the affiliates spiel for a whole raft of them is near enough identical. The phrase
"Considering the performance of Forex [insert name of bot here] (previously unheard of!)"
can be searched in google (less the quotes and ommitting my addition in brackets and throws up the following bots all using the same phrase (and I checked the rest of the text to confirm the rest of the similarities)
Forex Megadroid
Forex AutoCash Robot
Ivybot

And compare Forex MegaDroid JV Details with IvyBot and Forex AutoCash Robot - the last one suggests that the bot has been put out to graze.

But though the company are happy to let affiliates know they’ve been offloading bots for a while “(3 years in this niche)” the spiel for FMD suggests the competition is pants when, on the basis of this they are the competition.