Forex MegaDroid

Hi I see you paid a comm of 100 for just a profit of 37.53??

but no pips shown as profit?

That sounds like a big take from the broker!

I did glance at your stats whilst trades were open but if you were monitoring you could have manually closed for what i saw as a total profit of 1600 at one point for both trades open!!

Perhaps your time zone is not conducive for a babysit?

I shut down my MD’s after I saw some hug spikes, so no trades for me.

I guess you use the ADT as you had 2 open trades?

Edz

ATC charges commission per lot size. The robot took a big lot because of the large deposit and the commission for the trade exceeded the profit. This, however, is not the case with all ECN brokers.

Worse - my full-time job does not always give me this chance. :slight_smile:

No, I don’t. It’s something either with the broker or with my VPS which I am also yet to figure.

If I may ask you, did you attend the MegaDroid London seminar which you mentioned the other day? If so, how did it go?

any one currently doing testing for ivybot live statements? any mt4stats.com for ivybot EAs?
Or if u guys know of any threads for ivybot review? thanks!

Why don’t you start a separate thread for it?

fair enough Edz but if you know of anyone that is willing to do both the mt4 accounts and broker statements together let me know. thx

all the EAs out there seem to perform differently on different broker platforms. It does make me wonder why they make all these EAs for forex pairs and not some index futures (actually I know why). You wouldn’t get those issues with futures brokers.

Here’s the IvyBot thread you’re looking for:

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/27196-ivybot-comments-success-settings.html

Also, don’t forget you can use the forum’s search feature to easily find topics … that’s how I found this one.

Aw just had one profitable trade and now I have one more open trade.

Compared to Edz’ megadroid mine is stupid.
His second trade:
2009.08.13 00:55 sell 0.66 eurusd 1.42121 1.42766 1.41521 2009.08.13 00:56 1.42029 0.00 0.00 0.00 9 42.75

Mine was opened 00:55 too but it didn’t take the profit and now get chart is going up :frowning: Let’s see how it will end.

I see Bravehoststamps also has this trade open like me.

Hi I was contemplating switching off MD as the market was a bit crazy after the FOMC Interest rates then Alpari opened but I let it run but decided it was ranging too close to just above the 1.4200 level.

i couldnt see it closing below after rising so i took a manual close but MD opened another sell trade just on some volatility and I took that out on close.

Hmmm Im off to bed no more babysitting…good luck all that have open trades.

Lets see Eurusd get up and running again after this FOMC and MD get those trades back in!

BTW I have ADT , the updated version but not tested on demo yet to see how it trades outside of Asian but it looks promising from the material I have received.

i will trade it on some demos first with stats so all can see.

Edz

Hi
Has anyone used megadroid on other currencies such as cable to see what the results would be like - is that possible?

I bought this yesterday and had 2 losing trades already!!

Hi dont be silly its ONLY eurusd!!

This pair has highest trade volume and different characteristics to other pairs so dont waste your time and cash.

Find an EA that trades that pair that you want but I dont know why people just pick out at random other pairs to try on EA’s that were not coded for.

MD Pro the so called FREE Ea that came with FAPT Evo trades other pairs but I havnt seen it perform yet?

Edz

Yeah, mine stopped out with a loss of 70 pips. Ugh!

Better here. A loss with 65 pips losing all winnings since I started :confused:
Megadroid also increased the lot size after this from 0.21 to 0.46.

I was unlucky buying it and starting just before that loss, luckily at least I have opened a buy position an hour before bot opened a sell one and covered most of the losses.

Still does not look good if you just started using it. :confused:

Even worse, I applied updates to the machine it was running on & had to reboot, so now MegaDroid doesn’t know that it needs to recover the loss, because it only “remembers” that information if it keeps running.

Same here. Maybe I should manually set the lot size :confused:

Edit
Damn was just going to increase the lot size but MD is trading since 10 min ago :mad: Maybe I should hope this doesn’t give so much profil? :x

I’ve just been re-reading the manual, since I installed it on a dedicated machine last night. MD increases the lot size according to your risk level (0.3 means you are willing to risk 3% of your capital) & appears to do an auto calculation on the lot size based on your available funds.

And yes, mine just opened a sell trade too.

Another loss… So disappointed! My account is down 10% now.

Yep. These droids are stupid!