Forex MegaDroid

Well my MD just made me 32 cents on its first trade. Running on my ForexVPS. I think settings are .1 lot size, .1 risk, aggressive is true, which was on FXCM on Auto GMT.

Also, I’d like to say I am using ForexVPS with a live FXCM account, and an Alpari UK Demo account, to see how they both go.

BHS, your thread has really inspired me to look deeper in to Forex Brokers. I think the next voyage maybe an ECN broker.

I will keep this thread active as I see fit to report my own findings, MD trades, and so fourth.

Thanks again to all, and definitely BHS for letting us know how things should and could be handled.

ok so i was right here when the MD took off, Man if it just held on for a a little longer. O well this is all about long term guys! Not going to make a killing over night ( Unless you have a large balance in MT4 )

Im happy :slight_smile:

lol my internet was down tonite after MD opened the trade so it couldn’t close the trade :eek: after 2-3 hrs I went to Mc Donald’s and used their wireless to let MD close the trade :p. Ended up with a pretty big profit …

That’s awesome! if my MD held a little longer i would be on the way to the boat shop now! Get that wakeboard boat with my name all over it:o

Awesome!

3 pips myself, 54 pence! Same settings. I’m in that dangerous place where I start to wonder about turning the risk right up. If I remember right, the lot size isn’t taken into account if the risk <> 0. Am I right? Or is it the other way round? :confused:

Anyway, enjoy!

ROFL! That is a classic! And who said fx is boring? My internet provider is rubbish too, so I’ve got a Windows Mobile phone running the MT4 mobile software in case of emergencies. You can’t run bots on it, but you can close and open trades so it helps if you can’t stay in.

As an aside - big profit? Can we see your settings, or have you just got a decent pot? Number of pips, maybe?

Hi,

I installed megadroid on my vps last week on 5 Nov.
Since then, I it hasn’t made any trades yet.

Is there something wrong with my megadroid?
I’m using aggressive=false, risk=0.1. Everything else is default.
Another thing I did was to change the S1_reference and S2_reference value as advised by the megadroid support guy.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

@chaktlee

Do you have the registration code in there, and enabled all the EA settings as per the instructions?

Also, MD’s performance can depend on your broker, it seems.

MD’s support guys are pretty good though - persevere with them and let us know how you get on.

Zorba,

Yes, my megadroid shows it is authenticated. I’m also running it with 6 different brokers(IamFX, GoMarkets, GallantFX, Alpari-UK, Alpari-US, ForexMeta) and all of them are not showing any trading activity.

Ok, I’ll submit a ticket to megadroid support.

Meanwhile, if any one of you are using similar brokers, please let me know how your megardroid is doing. Thanks.

Tonight - wow. 76!

hi everyone , stryper here ,
not new to forex but new to the bots … after reviewing , searching ,finding , looking , scratching and seeking info on the droid and turbo ( all of 3 weeks mind you) . i purchased the droid and turbo.
after countless , sleptless hours in front of three puters ,running backtest , turbo is on the shelf , droid is looking for it,s 9th successful trade , live , vps , fxdd…
today is the 7 th trading day of live account , 8 wins, 0 loss ,49 pips , i,m extremly grateful to all who input the true findings into these threads ,
i,ve noticed a few things the droid likes to do during testing and if allowed just gmt offset , it only trades now and then thru the week or maybe not at all … i,m running a test now and i,m sure this is old news and i,m just learning the bots , testing 5 (live) different time charts on same account , 4 different charts have traded so far . first 5 days actually were only two different times on account ( 5 days , 4 trades ) , so here in my vast wisdom of bottomania this weekend i,m here running test after test side by side with different time charts i noticed they all are hitting at different days ( i,m sure this is old news and i,m just learning the bots) , so what the hay , i picked the smoothest running times as per time of year , backing up 10 years and the 5 best are going to stay till january 10th or so …
well folks , this is what i,ve found during my suckling period here , and now it,s time to learn more … i trust this info is helpful to someone else like you and me , and if i can be of service just hollar , i,ll hear you , a special thanks to braveheartstamps , whom , i,ve learned much from and enjoyed the philosophy, will post my finding at least weekly if no one objects , thank you , stryper

bravehost , i accidently called you braveheart , and i ask forgiveness now , as what i,ve learned from your post it takes a braveheart too to do what you do in helping others help themselves .
sincerly stryper2

I think we all like Megadroid and so are naturally trying to encourage it to trade more often; although I worry that we’re missing the point - if it trades so rarely, it’s due to caution and the approach to risk.

In the spirit of experimentation though, I’m investigating James’ Mods by Jamesbot and MD Advanced Droid Tactics. I think I will run them on a demo account.

Is anyone using them already?

MegaDroid started the week with striking yet another win on my ATCBrokers account: System ATC_MD | Myfxbook

Hi bravehoststamps,
do you mind sharing the setting you’re using?

Thanks.

I would hazard a guess that he’s using standard settings, 0.1 risk maybe. My pips in the past few weeks tallys very closely. I’m definitely looking at a new broker though. I don’t think it’s voodoo - although when I looked at his stats at first, I thought it was manipulated to show big profits… :o

Hello everyone,

I am learning to trade (demo) for the last 4 months. Meanwhile a started with with the MD live trading for the past 4 days with FXCM MT4. I tried the robot (demo) with several charts with diferent configurations and always had a profit. However I got a bit scared going live, so am using only the normal settings except the lot size (changed to 2). So far 3 trades, all small profits. It is a bit boring but since in my personal trading I have busted all my accounts so far, I should nt complain about MD. I will take itslowly for now, and keep updated.
Also I would like to say that I appreciate all your comments.

Good trading

Go back a few pages and see if he told them a while back.

=)

what did your MD open on today? 1.4987 was my one. Just want to see how accurate the other MD brothers and sisters did. Thats if they jumped onto the same trade. Bravehost, i looked at your FX book and your MD is a little off mine but still pretty close.

Cheers:)

0.4 risk level, all others are default.