Forex MegaDroid

Much higher spreads on EUR/USD than with ATC.

Iā€™m based in the UK - I will have to see what ATC offer. Thanks!

Not saying they are the best broker ever - just the best of what Iā€™ve found for MegaDroid to date. I am nonetheless open to other broker suggestions.

hi, iā€™m new to robot EA, megadroid is my first bot, i bought it 1 weeks ago (since 12th nov 09) however i didnā€™t get any trades, after reading all discussion in this thread, iā€™m thinking to subscribe forex vps to host my account. my question is: can this forex vps host for more than one robot? (using megadroid and fabturbo in different demo accounts and hosted by one vps) have anyone tried before?

Yes, it can.

after reading a few account statement (that use megadroid) in myfxbook, i make a comparison between different brokerā€¦ ATC, Fx Pro and alpari; i found that your ATC account tends to trade more frequent and more profitable than the other 2.
well, looks like i need to shift from alpari to ATC.
can you kindly check my setting , am i same as yours?

GmtOffset: 0.0
RiskLevel: 0.4
Recovery mode: true
Lotsize: 0.1

If I understand the settings right, Risk level 0.4 means that MD can risk 40% of your balance on a trade. If the Risk level is not zero, the lotsize is ignored.

I donā€™t know too much about the recovery mode, but the docs say that it increases the risk after a loss. I have set this to false because I think that if MD makes a loss it could be due to two reasons:

1. Sometimes it makes a loss :slight_smile:

or

1. The brokers have figured out how to detect it and counteract it, so it might make a bigger loss next time.

thanks zorba. ok, if thatā€™s the case, i shall change RiskLevel, make it between 0.10 - 0.30 means 10% to 30%, am i right?

ya, iā€™m scared of bigger and bigger consecutive losses (doubling up lot size after a loss) i had been in that situation too last time when i trade manually

Thatā€™s what I think it means, yes.

I wouldnā€™t take my word for it 100%, itā€™s just what I have understood - I donā€™t want to lose someone elseā€™s money! :o

Iā€™ve learned the hard lesson of revenge trading too. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m trusting an EA this time. Fingers crossed!

Finally see 2 profitable trades on ForexMeta, no trade on FXDD and other brokers i was testing.

Difference between them is, on ForexMeta I have droid on 4 1-hr charts at different time setting with one of them at default. I believe the trades are not from the default chart.

All brokersā€™ others are using only 1 chart at default time setting.

Conclusion: If you wish to see more actions, open more charts set at different gmt time setting as what stryper suggested. Iā€™ll be doing the same on all other charts from now onwards.

By the way, how can I tell which chart actually traded? Is there anyway to configure MT4 to display trading indicators on them when trades are made?

@chaktlee - Good work!
Can I ask what time settings you used?

Also for the GMT 0 one, did you switch off the Auto?

You can use the OrderComments parameter in the MD settings to put a different comment for each instance of MD, and you can view this on each order.

hallo Brave;
how much is the spread eurusd on ATC?

today is 4th day of the week.But no trade my MD. My broker is ODL.
is there the same problem other ODL 's client?I wrote MD helpdesk.SAYS:At the moment MD does attempts to trade your broker rises his spread. Please try to change your broker
I donā€™t understand.But MD is working my ODL demo!!!

zorba, thanks for the tip on ordercomments.

Regarding the gmt settings, i have my first chart set at default, which is gmtoffset=0 and the auto=true. And for each of the other 3 charts, I added 4 hrs to the actual gmtoffset value of each chart. Remember the actual gmtoffset for the first default chart is determined automatically by droid.

So if the actual gmtoffset=2 for default chart, for my subsequent charts, i will use 6, followed by 10, followed by 14. Of course you need to turn auto to false for all the non-default charts. By doing so, we trick droid into looking for trades over a longer period.

Anyway, this is only the first day and I have no idea how risky or how it will perform over time. Iā€™m on demo so Iā€™m just monitoring.

Give them a try and let me know how it goes. Are you on live account now?

p/s: You know what, actually droid does display the trading indicators on the chart. The gmt=6 and gmt=10 are the ones that gave me the trades.

@ardasu
Oddly enough, yesterday was my first night with a second chart running (+4) and it was the second chart that made a trade, with nothing on the first chart. Iā€™m wondering if I should buy a second license to run MD on two charts, in case it only lets the most recent one run? Does anybody know? In any case, Iā€™m with the same broker as you and I will say if there are more trades tonight. MD doesnā€™t really do much but when it does itā€™s usually right.

@chaktlee
I just looked at my charts and in fact, the trade appears in only one window, so of course we can figure out which offset it was! :smiley: And the magic number is on the chart mark if you hover over the opening. Iā€™m using +4 because itā€™s still only part way into the Asian session (still a bit brave!) but no way am I doing a +10 or +14, thatā€™s far too near to London. At least, thatā€™s what I say this weekā€¦ I think I prefer to increase the risk setting (and therefore the lot size) first. We wonā€™t be overnight millionaires but we will keep our shirts!

And a confession! In fact, Iā€™ve been live on MD from when I bought it. I had seen all BraveHostStamps postings (across the internet, even in different forums like pipcop) and was reasonably convinced that he/she wasnā€™t a salesman, plus my manual trading is so bad that the robot could hardly do worse. You rarely see proper and constant evidence for bot results, which is much appreciated. Iā€™ve been checking the pips I get versus BHSā€™s and they match up mostly (Iā€™m usually one or two short due to the spread) but my risk has been really low, for example last night MD made me Ā£5!

Iā€™m not sure I can quite calculate how much a lot is though. MD tells me that with risk 0.3 (changed from last night) my lot size will be 1.80. I think I look this up nearly every day, then promptly forget!

It varies, but always lower than 2 pips.

Confirming: mine are identical. Just the lot size will be adjusted automatically after you manually change the risk level.

Hi
Could anybody explain how droid tactics works? Is it based on GMT?:confused:

Thanks

It is something that does not come from the MegaDroid developers, so use it at your own risk. Personally, I am not using it, as it suggests trading with MegaDroid beyond its usual trading hours, and there was sure a good reason for which the robotā€™s developers limited its trading hours to a certain specific period.

Hello,bravehoststamps ;
I wonder are you salesman about of MD or only customer like us?
As I saw ,only you heve succeed this MD robot.
second quetion is:I contact ATC and came alot of brokers adrees.Can you write direct adress your broker ?