Forex MegaDroid

Close I set the demo account up with £10000 and this was the first trade.

Ah - a demo account. Need to be careful with them as the spreads don’t always work the same way.

(and I was 20%-40% off - not close enough!)

Yup lotsize is calculated by risk, balance & SL. If you have a $1000 account with 0.1 risk, this means you can risk 10% of the balance in 1 trade ( $100 ).
If MD sets the SL to 50 pips the lot size will be: 0.2 lot. 50 pips X $2 ( 0.2 lot ) = $100.

Another trade opened in the last trading hour of todays session at 1.43056. Weird thing is that the SL is 40 pips while yesterday the SL was around 100 pips…:confused:

Mine didn’t bite on ODL. Is stealth mode on? If so, the SL is apparently complete fiction and the real SL is kept secret by MD.

No stealth mode is off. But if it had hit the 100 pips SL it would lose around 15% of the balance ( I have set 15% risk ). So I guess that’s the right SL and I can’t complain if it sets the SL lower.

The trade closed with a 5.2 pips profit.
So far 11% up, no losing trades since 8 December ( with a 3 week break during the holidays ).

hey i am fairly new to using EA’s currently i have two accounts going. One from fxdd and the other from ava. MD been running all day to and no trades has been made can someone help me out. Btw its set on default

MD only trades between 20.00 & 24.00 GMT, and only on monday till thursday. It doesn’t trade very often, sometimes it doesn’t trade for a week.

no trade last night odl uk. I had only one trade this week.

The SL’s has been very strange lately! They used to be at around 500/50 pips … now they can even be at 1500/150 pips … Hitting a SL could mean losing more than 30% :confused:
And the stealth mode doesn’t seem to affect the SL, only TP. I think MD is kinda buggy.

Only one trade for me this week as well. Alpari UK demo.

Do you have recovery mode on? I think that doubles your risk after a loss to try and recoup (martingale style). I could be wrong.

I am running MD on 2 demo accounts, FXDD and ForexMeta, MD attached to 2 charts each. Had 5 trades on each account in total on 6/7th January. All winning. 10 winning trades in one night, I wish it had been real money!

Both demo accounts have worked well, but FXDD especially seems to trade more. I am in the UK and would prefer a UK broker as am thinking of using a live account now. Does it make any difference in not having a UK broker?

thanks
V

Hey wendy, what risk do you use?

I believe UK brokers are FSA regulated, hence if they went bust or did a runner, you could get some money back from the government. YMMV.

And that’s an astounding set of trades! I’m ever so suspicious of demo accounts though, they always seem to work better. I think the spreads are not the same as the live systems.

I was thinking the same thing, I had MD running on 4 demo accounts fxdd, ava, and interbank fx and not one single trade so to wendy i am curious to know what kind of settings do you have for md to make so many trades. I myself did a few manual trades and turned a profit ($190) but MD called the trade but didn’t place an order it was on a downward trend.

The problem is, my MD is buggy! It was on before and the lotsize was doubled to cover a loss. Now the loss is covered but the lotsize is still doubled! So I’ve turned off the recovery mode.

I’m using the default settings with 30% risk. Although it’s 30% risk MD always placed the SL’s so that if it was it hit I would lose like 15%… but now the SL’s are strange.

My account is actually up 40% :smiley:
myfxbook.com/members/WendyL/wendyl/4545

I’m on Alpari UK btw. Planning to deposit more $ but forgot my password :mad:.

Hi Wendy,

Maybe you need to reinstall it, although I must confess that I don’t fully understand it’s inner workings. Thanks for sharing your myfxbook though; can I ask, is that pure MD? I would share mine but I’ve done some silly things with it (far too embarassing!). Basically I went and subscribed to some autosignals which cost an absolute fortune and don’t deliver anywhere near the MD.

EDIT: forgot to say, but maybe in MT4 if you go to the mailbox, you will see a message with the password in. That might only be your MT4 connection, depends on the broker.

Hi Wendy,
I don’t think it’s just your MD. Mine SL’s are also changing very much, but it always around mine risk level ( 15% ). Sometime the SL is set to lose 8%, and then the next trade it can lose 20% when it hits the SL…

Hi zorba,
You can still use MyFXbook and set a custom start date. So people only see your results with MD and not what you have done before you use MD. It’s always good to see some more statements :slight_smile:

OK, new year, new leaf!I think I can comment the manual trades should I be foolish enough to do any. I will report back once I get it set up (sometime this week if I’m ultra pro active).

EDIT: are you already sharing yours?