Forex MegaDroid

I just found something quite interesting. Everybody remembers Bravehoststamps/Pipsbuster right? A member that supported MD from the beginning on 10 different forums. He pretty much got the same results as everybody else and posted statements of his $50k live account. Well lately I found out his account is demo because he doesn’t get charged swap. I’m with the same broker ( ATC ) with a live account and I do get charged swap.

Here is the interesting part; Bravehoststamp = Megadroid owner
Just take a look at this page: forex-megadroid.com/indexxx.html?p=5. You will see they used his statement as a case study.

This is interesting indeed. A question - do you also get charged commission on ATC? To be honest I thought at first that he was advertising MD (which would be a bad thing, as in the world of bots advertising seems to equal lies) but then I got broadly similar results. It doesn’t seem to say his username or anything on your link but I guess you must have checked his trades, right? :wink:

At the moment I’m not suspicious, although it is a shame that he has been quiet for a few weeks, and his myfxbook page went private. I hope that they had the decency to ask him first though.

Z

Yes atc also charges commission

Do you mean he is an owner of the Megadroid company or he owns a copy of the software?

Yes ATC also charges commission, and yes I also thought he was a paid poster, but I never saw an affiliate link . I never understanded why someone would post the same post in more then 10 forums without making any money on it. He also said a few times not to buy MD from a 3rd party site. The question I have is; How can the MD owners copy his statement up to today if he stopped updating them since 8 december?

So guys, just quick answer to my question pls.

Do you find MD is profitable on a LIVE account, or is this just a hype?

Profitable in the long term, it does have 1 big losing trade every 20 trades.

thanks pietpatat. Can MD consistently earn over 5% per month for the long term? I’m not looking for huge gains. I’m looking for relatively small drawdown. But I would be happy if it always end up with a positive gain every month.

Can it do this?

thanks

This is a very good question, especially since he no longer publishes his ATC results on myfxbook (sorry if I’ve said that before, but I do wonder). It could be that he agreed to give them the rights to the statement (as it were) but it kind of undermines all the openness that he has fostered here so far. Fundamentally though, we have managed to match the level of his trades more or less, so it’s not deception, just polish. I don’t think he was using 0.1 risk as the web page states, although BHS himself said that he wasn’t always using 0.1 risk IIRC. I’d love to see what BHS has to say.

I’ve been running it live and it’s quite good. 5% per month would depend on your risk, I would say. I would say it’s not unreasonable though. I’d like to show you my results but I’ve been messing around too much (risk settings, manual trades etc) so not really good sample data.

i’m looking for around 5%-6% per month with the lowest risk. Is this possible on the default 0.1 risk setting? thanks.

I would consider that hopeful. There are so many variables (broker being the biggest) and apart from that, you never know what will happen tomorrow. You must remember that this isn’t a bank account.

Yes. I startet MD 2 months ago on default 0.15 risk. December gave me 8%, and january 10%.
myfxbook.com/members/Pietpatat/atc/8695

but this requires an ECN broker, and a VPS? thanks

No VPS no ECN.
0.3 risk, 6 months up 57%

myfxbook.com/members/WendyL/wendyl/4545

impressive. I see you are using alpari UK. thanks

I tried it without a VPS for a while, but you forget to turn on you PC more often then you think and I just missed trades. I think a VPS is a good choice if you have a reasonable amount of money to invest ( you don’t want to make $100 profit and pay $30 for your VPS per month).

Trading MD live since 19 November. Up 35%. Alpari UK. Myfxbook link under ‘homepage’.

From what I have heard, Megadroid only trades the end of the US market and before the start of the Asian Market? So it means I can just open the PC, during the US market till the Asian Market and close it on London Market. Am I right on assuming this pietpatat? thanks

cool thanks