Forex MegaDroid

Had the same trades;
21:32 @ 1.3969, closed @ 1.3968: 1.2 pip profit
21:43 @ 1.3972, closed @ 1.3968: 4.1 pips profit

was just going thru my demo account today and noticed something shockingā€¦
img188.imageshack.us/img188/7674/watthe.jpg

$3000 + $6.27 from MD = $3000.57??? :mad: im starting to get very annoyed about these hidden fees that seem to pop up evrywere i look, will contact iamfx tomorrow and i may just end up putting my cash into fxpro instead

Thatā€™s most likely commission. Commission on my $2000 IAMFX demo account is about $4.00 per round trip trade. IAMFX has a nice spread but when you add commission its not that great for me. Md had one trade on my IAMFX account last night $4.51 profit - $4.10 commission = $0 .41 net, plus it had about an 11pip spread at the time of the trade. Night before last it had one trade of $40.40 profit - $4.00 commission = $36.40 net with about an 10 pip spread

Long Trade Entered: 21:45 @ 1.3888 - closed @ 1.3897: 9 pips profit FXDD Demo Account

Same same

PietPat you also got stealth mode off now?

Yup stealth mode is off now, also got the same trade.

Did it close yet for you guys? It seemed like it was close to hitting the TP of 10 pips, but then went negative.

Still open for me; ATC System | Myfxbook

I think weā€™ll hit SL tonite =|

Itā€™s about time :p, Iā€™m on a 26 trades winning streak. And according to Bravehoststamps statement there should be a loss every 20 trades.
Anyway my trade just closed with 2.5 pips profit.

Oh no my trade is still open :confused:

Hey Piet nice trade and what a run, congrats!
I donā€™t get it, my Fxcm MD opened at the same level as you but closed with 7 pips profit.
myfxbook.com/portfolio/live-account-fxcm/15572

I thought ATC were the best brokers for spreads and returns?

Does this have something to do with risk level?

Yeah, so based on your book, it seems that if you have time to watch Megadroid, and you see it go to like 9 pips or so, you should close it manually because only two trades exceed that amount.

I think the past few days it shot up to around 9 pips, only to go negative and close at a couple of pips.

Thoughts?

Yeah its good to have stealth mode off sometimesā€¦ if the TP is 15 u could actually close it at 13 or 14ā€¦ I think I did it onceā€¦ but then I heard MD closed it automatically anyway.

I just got breakeven and thought MD would close the trade, but itā€™s still open. Strange strange.

Edit: Now closed with 4.1 pips +. Account up 60% now!
Have had 26 trades since last time SL was hit. The SL is coming!

Thanks
I think the broker is the difference, but I have no idea what exactly is the difference between brokers. I only choose ATC because BraveHoststamps was doing good with this broker. And when I read this article: ECN brokers list | ECN/STP Forex brokers, I found out ATC seems to be pretty good because it is a No Dealing Desk ECN broker.

Yes I also noticed this. I think Megadroid keeps looking at the market.

1. MD thinks the market will go up and opens a buy order.
  2. It goes up a little bit, but doesnā€™t reach TP.
  3. 1 hour later MD again looks at the market and thinks it might go down.
    Option A: The trade has some pips profit, MD closes the trade.
    Option B: The trade has some pips loss, as soon as the trade breaks even MD closes the trade.
    Option C: The trades keeps loosing and hits SL.

I purchased MD a week ago and using FXCM have had successful trades on demo account each night this week. One thing I have noticed on top of the options you list is that it also depends upon the time. It appears from various websites that MD only trades between 20:00 and 0:00. If a trade is in profit but hasnā€™t reached TP by close to midnight it appears to close. If however at midnight it is at a loss then it will keep the trade open until either SL (thankfully this hasnā€™t happened yet) or it breaks even and then closes

Entered Long Trade: @ 1.3722 Closed 1.3717 - 5 pips loss - FXDD Demo Account
Entered Long Trade: @ 1.3730 Closed 1.3733 - 3 pips profit - FXDD Demo

I got 1 long @1.37171, almost hit TP.

Edit: Wtf? It already reached TP but didnā€™t close the trade. Can anyone tell my why it didnā€™t close?

Edit2: Price reached TP again, trade closed with 17 pips profit

Also a long trade that hit TP! Finally!

Hey that happened to me before too. Then I figured out that itā€™s because of the spread. But now I think Iā€™m wrong. What you see on the chart is the Sell price isnā€™t it? Or? It would have made sense if it was the Buy price because since itā€™s a long trade you have to sell and then if the chart shows the buy price then the sell price will be lower and the therefore the TP was actually not hit.

I really canā€™t get the SL. Today my TP was 150pips (5 decimals) and SL 1326. Other trades where TP were 150pips the SLs have been 500pips which are more normal.

Would have manually set the SL to 500-600 if todayā€™s trade went badā€¦ canā€™t let MD run without watching.