Forex MegaDroid

Just had a fast winning trade hitting TP +7.4 pips. Shouldn’t have turned off recovery mode lol and the big loss would have been totally covered.

Spread at only 1.6pips now.

Congrats… Strange on my accounts today.

-FxPro Demo took 10 pips
-FxPro Real account took almost the same trade but didn’t close the profit yet (a lil bit in the negatives now :mad:)
-IamFX Demo didn’t place any trade.
-Alpari UK Demo didn’t place any trade (expert Journal showing “invalid price” and “no connection”

so let’s see if that one real trade will turn green again…

Wendy. You don’t have any connection problems with Alpari? actually signed up for an account with them.

-Tuner-

pietpatpat got a trade now which i dont … was trying to place it manually but i think it’s too late :frowning:

no problems with connection here :wink:

Got that trade on my IamFX Demo as well now. But as a first trade for today.

I hope when I have my real account with Alpari there won’t be such problems anymore…

Got a quick 10 pips profit.

Short Trade entered 21:43 @ 1.3544 - Closed 22:45 for 6 pips profit - FXDD Demo Account.

Yeah with doubled lotsize too! Nice one :smiley:
Looks like Doom got the same trade but it didn’t reach TP.

It reached 10pips but didn’t close - I have stealth turned on.

Also got $14.79 USD for this months cashback :smiley: Hopefully getting more next month with the deposit I’ve just made.
Anyone wanna get referred? Here’s my affiliate link
cashbackforex.com/?aid=1524
:stuck_out_tongue:

The trade in my real account just closed for 1 tiny pip… :slight_smile:
But I think that’s how MD does it if a position was in the negatives for some time before… closing as soon as it is green…
WIth the rollover-costs profit is close to 0 for that trade now :smiley:
Well. never mind… not a loss :slight_smile:

well… I just opened a second real account with Alpari UK.
so I think it is too late for me…:rolleyes:

Short Trade Entered: 22:51 @ 1.3544 - Closed Manually @ 1.3536 8 pips profit.

Yup, I have doubled the lot size myself. I don’t want to rely on the buggy recovery mode.

@ doom; you had 2 trade tonight?

Nono its not too late you can still sign up there! You all should try the cashback thing :D. Via my link or not, i dont really care. Just a recommendation from me, if you don’t already have cashback.

Yes.

Also I have started the writting EA that handles the STOP LOSS & TP. It would have closed my first trade well before MD Closed did and for more profit.

I closed the second one manually when it got to 10 pips but by the time it had closed I had lost 2 pips.

Hi guys,

I just started demoing MegaDroid a few days ago. I had my first trade (on a demo acc) yesterday, that turned positive.

The backtests are great, although I don’t expect that kind of result during real trading. The backtests DID produce the great loss you all talked about earlier this month.

Anyone using MD for a long time: if you do backtests for the same period that you’ve been using MD, are the results similar?

Thanks,

Ati :slight_smile:

Stealth mode off place your SL and TP as opposite pending orders directly into broker orders database. Therefore they will be executed (as SL or TP) exactly on price regardless connected your trading terminal to broker server or not.
Stealth mode off provides much more security when PC crashes, connection broke or extremal market conditions are gone. It provides a little bit more pips especially with 5 digits brokers and often requotes.
Of course broker (and traders with market depth analysis tools) see your SL and TP orders as pending orders and can take into account. Not only broker can provide inadequate quotes for a short while. Trader with a sufficient contract amount is able to push market to your SL for a short while, too.
If you think your broker is cheating one the best thing to do is take your money and go away from this broker. There are a lot of honest (brokerage never been 100% crystal clear business) brokers.
Summary: switch stealth mode on/off is only up to you - after your considerations. I never trade without SL on server therefore I use: Stealth Mode = off.

@ stealth mode question; It only changes the TP, SL stays the same.

Hi,

Wouldn’t it be possible to write a separate EA that does nothing more than look at your open positions, and set a SL of your choice where there isn’t one?

I’m pretty new to writing EA-s, and being quite lazy, I usually just let my EA-s gather information from the moment they are launched. However, it is not impossible to look back at past results. I would imagine MD looks back at past events, not just from the moment it starts. I have no idea how it works, but this should be a must for a commercial EA.

With this in mind, does anyone have any actual information about this? :slight_smile:

Yesterday night, when MD opened a trade, MT4 disconnected. I had to reconnect manually, MD seemed to restart from scratch. But it noticed the open position, and closed it in profit at the end.