Forex MegaDroid

Wendy

Just noticed you have had some very odd trades. Your second trade last night dropped in lot size to 0.01 and you have had similar sized trades during the night and today. Any idea what was going on?

Also just wanted to check if you manually close most of your profitable MD trades or leave it to the system

Cheers

Paul:)

Hi,
First, thank you all for a fascinating thread. I have read it with great interest.

I installed MD on my demo Alpari UK account on Tuesday morning and have had it running continuously since then. It seems to be analysing data, but so far has not placed any trades.

Is it to experience this kind of silent period? I am in absolutely no hurry, but would like to know if it is reacting properly or if other factors could be in play.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Haha I was learning how to place manual trades :smiley: So next time when I see pietpatpat has a trade I dont haveā€¦ I can place it manually if I discover it early.

I was also testing a 10 pips per day scalping strategy but it didnā€™t go well :X

urbanforex.com/forex-trading-strategies/152-10-pips-per-day-scalping-strategy.html

Yes itā€™s silent sometimes. But I had a trade on Alpari UK on Wednesday this week.

Hey there. I am running MD on Alpari Demo as well. (as well on 2 other demo and one real account)
In my case it was because of some connection problems that no trades were placed. You can check your Journal in MT4 or the Expert log.
But anyway it is possible that there are no trades for some days.
Today I had a trade on my Alpari Demoā€¦ and only on that one.
I wonder that my Alpari Demo shows such a low spread at that time. got 0.7 to 0.9 at the momentā€¦ ?!

Trade entered 21:02 closed 21:21 7.7 pip profit :smiley: Hopefully this will make up for only a break even last night.

Following the recent threads on this forum I have turned stealth mode off.

I am working on this :slight_smile:

Wtf is megadroid doing? It opened 3 trades and it sais: Not enough money

guess it wanted to open a 4th trade lolā€¦ but so late?

Yes very strange. I just closed one order because itā€™s too risky with double lot size.

Hmm, no trades for me on Alpari UK demo tonight.

Am I correct in assuming that tomorrow, being Friday, MD will not even try to make any trades?

Thanks,

Ati

oh dear, top up required methinksā€¦

I was playing with the Md settings and I will not recommend this , One day profit $500 then next day loss $700 . Most important setting is the gmtoffset must be automatic .

Manual trade with great profits . I order a buy when I see the messj: upward impulse on MD and 99% take a win . My profit increased 800 in just 3 days without big risks . Also I recommend to those that donā€™t want to wait for the robot find the perfect time , get studied how charts and market works .

In resume : Change Settings >>>> not recommended
Manual trade >>>>>> If you knows a little or follow MD instructions ( not alwayys 100% accurate)

How has this turned out for you?

myfxbook.com/members/Pietpatat/atc/8695

I was thinking that maybe we could use USDCHF as a hedging strategy with MD to hedge against some of the larger losses. Anyone got any opinions on this and how it could work?

One idea:

Trade goes against MD, when it reaches -say 25 pips you open up a heading USDCHF trade. You wait until MD closes itā€™s trade you then try to close off the USD/CHF hedge for some profit to mitigate your 25 pip loss?

I was playing with megadroid mod B. to find stopploss.
I think I found stoploss system for MD.In mod B ,everthing is the same
original MD.But we shouldnt use any trading hours accept auto GMT.
that is very dangerous way.
the settings:use break even:true
set break even at:-18 (stoploss)
breakevenshift :-18 (stoploss) I found -18 stop for ODL.your broker may be diffrents.Iamfx need:-16 etc.

I began to use my live account. It can prevent huge loss for original MD.
This modB needs original MD receipt code.

Hi,

I backtested this setting on IBFX standard demo.
From Jan 1st, 2008, with a starting capital of 100 USD, 0.2 risk, the above setup produced +1122.22 profit.
For the same period, with the same starting capital and risk setting, the original MD produced +3057.22 profit.

I usually test with 2008, because there seem to be some bigger losses there according to the backtest.

I just found another robot that looks very promosing. Itā€™s free and the source code is public. They give all the inside info on how the bot trades etc. Itā€™s realy interesting, especially if you want to code your own robot ( I think they also have some hedging strategies ); scooby-doo BOJ JPY pairs trading robot @ Forex Factory

I thought id share my experiences with megadroid. I am a newbie who has just opened a real account with FXPRO. I have started with Ā£400 sterling and am currently only using megadriod to trade (i have a practice account to get to grips with hands on trading until im confident enough to start for real). Here is how I am doing one week in.
NOTE: I funded my account via paypal which explains why there is less than Ā£400 at the start. Also the risk level is set to 0.2.

WEEK 1: 22-28th February
START: Ā£390.20
END: Ā£404.92
DIFF: +Ā£14.72
PER: +3.7%

Il post updates weekly.

Martin