Forex MegaDroid

I got a 6-pip short trade on my live FXDD account tonight but nothing on my alpari UK demo.

I’ve been running MD on FXDD for a week, and have had two trades now, but nothing at all on the Alpari demo:confused:

5 pip sell for me last night - no errors - Alpari Live

5 pip sell on FXDD Demo account.

my vps had crashed and I hadn’t noticed - too busy watching football. When I restarted I had missed the short trade by about 20 mins and immedaitley MD entered a long trade. Thankfully got out more or less BE. Must look into another vps as mine keeps crashing. I have heard forexvps are good and they even set the system up so that if it crashes it will automaticlly reboot and reload your platform so that it is only down for a minimal amount of time :slight_smile:

They do. At least ALPARI UK does. They confirmed this to me by e-mail when I asked them. They say spreads like 11 pips are “understandable” (quote from them) at these times.

Is that Alpari UK or US?

Alpari UK.

wow… that is hard… but at least they admit it. :slight_smile:
But such a spread should not even occur when there are major news-releases…
11 pips…
Think that is the way our MD can be stopped from making profits :eek:
Wondering why my FxPro account doesn’t show these messages… but didn’t take a trade either.

think we should monitor this the next days…weeks… see how it turns out.

I’m running MD on an IBFX demo account (besides the Alpari UK live) to see if there are any differences, and if that generates such errors. Maybe most brokers do. We’ll see. So far yesterday’s trade was identical, but with no error messages on IBFX.

I’m not exatcly sure WHEN these messages are generated. I mean: if they are generated at times when MD would not make a trady anyway, then it makes no difference.

[B]FOMC statement today[/B], turning my MD off.

Hey Pietpatat…
Was going to ask you others that. News are already over for a while now.
reactions have been “choppy” so far. was considering to turn MD off today as well…

you others do so as well?

Yes the market isn’t choppy anymore, but megadroid is a black box system ( we have no idea how it trades ). So there is a good chance that it trades based on the last 4 hours ( when the market was choppy ), and it might get the wrong signal.

Oh ****, I was just reading this, when MD went into a trade on Alpari UK. Hope it turns out good… No trade on IBFX demo.

Turned out to be a nice quick +10pip grab. :slight_smile: Phew. :slight_smile:

Had a complaint about an 8-pip spread a little before the trade.

IBFX demo had no complaint but no trade either.

Think that worked out… :slight_smile: 10 pips here you go:)
I was also about to deactivate my MD…but didn’t.
no trade on FxPro real and IamFxDemo…
But AlpariUK took 10pips
1.37697 to 1.37797
(beein a bit “afraid” today I directly set a trailingstop to the open trade…
my plan was never to intervene in MD trades…but today with the choppy markets I did so… did you see that huge spike down…just after the trade was closed… could have been to the other direction as well on such days…)

Happy with my 10pips for now:)

You’re running MD on two real accounts? Do you need two licenses for that, or you use just one on both real accounts?

Got one license only…
I was testing it on several demo accounts at first. then with one real account. Now working with 2 real account.

just had another look at the FAQ in the manual… there they say it only works on one real account…:eek:
“can be used on one real account only”… wondering know… is it just not allowed or shouldn’t it be working at all ?!?

well… it does work is what I can say… :rolleyes:

Yep…error msg…then a quick 10pips a while after.
I dont think the error really is caused by high spread. I don’t think I have ever seen 2.0+ spread.

Thanks for the info.

I remembered this limit (one real account), but wasn’t sure how it worked. I didn’t dare try it with two live accounts. :o

Maybe they check the account name, and if that’s the same, they let it run. Just a theory… I’m not sure I want to ask MD support… :slight_smile:

To be honest, I haven’t been watching the actual spread, just MD’s info on the chart. I don’t recall that ever going above 2 for me either. But Alpari’s response was that the spread might have been 11 indeed.

Maybe someone could write a small EA that checks if the spread really gets this big. If nobody volunteers, I might write something next week. This week is quite busy for me.

Think I won’t ask them… as long as it works…
I really just didn’t think of that anymore when opening my Alpari-account.
My Plan was to switch over to AlpariUK completely and using my FxPro for my manual trading only. but didn’t…
so let’s see if I get away with it… otherwise I’ll get another license… (todays and yesterdays profit already make the costs for that… :slight_smile: )