Forex MegaDroid

There are some ways to make that less.
For example I have in Tools > Options > Charts:
Max bars in history: 50k
Max bar in chart: 5k
And right click on market watch and click Hide All, so you only see Eur/Usd price.

I have 3 terminals running, using between 4M - 7M each.

the Max bars in history and in chart made it, Got all instances below 15M with that nowā€¦
(Market watch didnā€™t have any effect in my case)

Thanks! So I might run some more instancesā€¦as my VPS got 1024MB of memory guaranteed :smiley:

Oopsā€¦ :o

Thanks a lot for this info! I had these settings atā€¦ you donā€™t want to know how muchā€¦ :o

Went down to about 5Mā€¦

Gettings lots of those error msgs. No the spread is not high.

I think it IS high. I caught it once (finally). Well, not the actual spread I admit, but MDā€™s on-screen info. It DID say ā€œSpread: 8.2 (82 pips)ā€ for just a moment.

PS: 8 errors of this kind tonight so far.

Also got a lot of those messages again tonightā€¦
Just seen it live on my Platformā€¦ Once spread was up to 8.2ā€¦ MD showed that as wellā€¦ just for once secondā€¦ the last time now it was for 20 seconds or soā€¦
then directly back to 1.6
Really donā€™t know what that is aboutā€¦
Brokers vs. MegaDroid? :slight_smile:
Just wonderingā€¦ my FxPro account doesnā€™t show these messagesā€¦
And would be interesting if these messages are only shown if MD actually wanted to place a tradeā€¦ or just giving this message everytime spread is too high?!

It seems to give the error every time the spread gets this big for a moment. Not sure if it affects possible future trades in any way.

Getting the Same Errors - Alpari(UK) Live Account.

Not getting the message on my fixed spread FXDD demo account, but it has not entered into a trade either.

Ohā€¦ I was right at the computer excatly when the msg came but never saw the high spread :frowning:

Yeah, wonder if these msgs only come when MD wants to trade =/

There you goā€¦
Just caught the next spread of 8.2pipsā€¦ and hitmy ā€œPrintScreenā€ directlyā€¦
So you can see. MD shows the 8.2ā€¦ againā€¦
on the leftā€¦ see the quotesā€¦ really 8.2

if there wouldnā€™t have been any tradeā€¦ I donā€™t careā€¦
(and it looks like thisā€¦ because no trade no message on my other account)

Yesterday I emailed Alpari asking for an explanation as to why the spread is sometimes as high as 82 between 9pm-10pm GMT (there have now been 14 instances tonight so far) as the market isnā€™t exactly moving very quickly, and also said that I, along with many others, use an EA that trades around this time and it suffers due to the high spread. I proposed to them (not that they would admit it even if it were true) that this could possibly be the cause of the high spread, i.e. a way of discouraging us.

This was their reply.

"Youā€™re right itā€™s not moving fast, but you have to remember that immediately following the close of trading in New York there is precious little liquidity until the Australasian markets get into full swing.

To suggest that this has happened to somehow victimise your EA is an original idea, but still misses the truth by an alarming distance."

LOL - I would suggest that when you see this - trade it on a demo account and see what happens.

If a broker responded to me like that, Iā€™d drop 'em like a hot potato.

Donā€™t patronize me.

At the very least, he should have responded in the usual. ā€œContact your EAā€™s support teamā€¦Alpari 's spread pricing is market driven as stated in our policyā€¦blah blah blah.ā€

I donā€™t need someone telling me what sounds like ā€œnice idea butā€¦ummmā€¦no youā€™re wrongā€¦click!!ā€

The customer is always rightā€¦even when theyā€™re wrong.

When I asked them about the high spread, I got a response in a similar style. It was ā€œuniqueā€, I have to admit. :slight_smile: Nothing rude, I could just feel their frustration.

If I were them, Iā€™d write up a long explanation, save it as a canned response, and just send it off, whenever this question arises.

Anyway, the fact that you get a personal, non-canned response, is a plus. :slight_smile:

Just to clear something up;
ā€˜Spread is to high errorsā€™ donā€™t mean MD wants to trade. I pretty much get these errors daily during roll over time when the spread shoot up for a few seconds.

It would be good to sticky this if it was allowed. Thanks Pietpatat! :smiley:

Hi allā€¦

Some speculations again on a possible rate hike by the FED todayā€¦
After market closeā€¦just as last month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601110&sid=aHfCbOFJw558

Anyone considering to turn off MD tonight?
Same action last month brought us the SL
Not sure what to do todayā€¦ donā€™t want to miss out a good tradeā€¦ but donā€™t want another SL :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up, Iā€™m turning my bots off tonight. I donā€™t mind missing a trade when there is such a high chance the FED might fck us again

ywā€¦ might just be rumors as wellā€¦ but has already affected the markets today.
Donā€™t want anyone here to blame meā€¦ if they miss the perfect tradeā€¦:slight_smile:
Was just curious what the others thinkā€¦

Still unsure myself. -turning it offā€¦-set the risk-level downā€¦-or just let it run.

hah last time i turned down the risk i missed the 10pips trade :frowning:

but yeahā€¦ donā€™t wanna take the risk. then off my laptop goess