Forex MegaDroid

A buy started 10 minutes ago. Going to keep a close eye on this!!!

wellā€¦ that would have been a 10 pip tradeā€¦
only my demo account took it :rolleyes:
was a bit of a chicken and turned MD off on my bigger account. smaller one set to the minimum lotsizeā€¦
But even on that trade I decided to close it manually for 1 pip as soon as it looked it might turn aroundā€¦:slight_smile: so 1 Euro of profit for me todayā€¦ hehe

7.5 pip Long Trade Alpari(UK)

Nothing as of yet on my FXDD Demo Account.

Just closed 10 pip profit :slight_smile:

I got a +8.4pip on Alpari UK live. No trade on IBFX demo. My IBFX account seems to miss most of the trades for some reason.

Mine was a FXpro real account.

10 pips for me on Alpari UK. Interested that some of you guys were thinking about turning the bot off this evening due to news rumours.

Iā€™ve been following this on Alpari UK for nearly two weeks now and have been reading through the thread, so thought I would add my observations (open to debate as Iā€™m a newbie to this) -

-VPS. Iā€™m simply running this on a netbook and getting the same trades as everyone else (Alpari users). I donā€™t think the overheards of this Droid are heavyā€¦ unless of course you leave MT4 running all the time as Iā€™ve had experience of it chewing memory in the past.

-Running 24/7. I donā€™t really understand this. The manual says this droid is ā€˜learningā€™. I think this is utter rubbish. How is it learning? If it is then why would my trades be the same as everyone elses?

-The system (so far) has only traded at the end of the US session. So basically I have been firing up MT4 around 7pm turn off before going to bed.

I have set a 2 hour offset on a second 1 hour chart. This so far has brought in no trades.

Just my thoughtsā€¦

Hey thereā€¦
You are right. Having it on around the trading hours should be enough.
Got it running on a VPS but as you say donā€™t know what the ā€œlearningā€ during the day should lead toā€¦
Wellā€¦ the news rumours now turned out to be only rumoursā€¦
(Had some effect on todays trading in European session already).

If you look one month backā€¦ 18th of Feb, MD took a big lossā€¦as there was the ā€œsuddenā€ rate hike after stock markets close.
If there would have been such an action again today it might have really screwed the tradeā€¦
So I missed some pips todayā€¦but didnā€™t lose anything.
There will be some more trades to comeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s that about your second chart running with a 2hour offset?

Regards, Tuner

Hi Turner,

Always one for playing (and trying to understand what makes this tick!) I have tried to set up a second chart running in a different time frame (running two hours earlier) to see if it picks up any other trading opportunities. So where currently MD has been trading at around 10pm (UK) the theory is that by doing this it will trick MD into looking for trades around 12pm. This is also on an hourly chart.

forextc

Have you tried the MD mods? You can set that to trade basically all the time. (All day, plus sunday, plus friday, plus end of month.) There are a couple other things you can set, such as stoploss levels etc.

Just google ā€œmegadroid modā€, it should be one of the first results.

Iā€™m not running it myself, I just backtested it, and gave me worse results than trading just at ā€œnormalā€ times, so Iā€™m sticking with the original version for now.

Hi ATI.

No I havenā€™t tried that but will give it a go. Iā€™m running this on a separate live Alpari UK account as wanted to ā€˜real worldā€™ test this rather than backtest. I havenā€™t used the account for a while but found I still had a few dollars left in; So not worried if it goes bust!

Iā€™ll have a look at this Mod and keep you up to speed with what happens.

Forextc

No trades for me today, I have forex.com and forex meta as brokers. I finnaly set it all up on a VPSā€¦ now, no lost connections when Im at work.
:smiley:

Hi guys, can you tel me if this is right:

a) I read on a few forums that a ā€œmegadroid updateā€ will make it trade more frequently. Are they just talking about upgrading to the latest version 1.2 or something?

b) Let me get this straightā€¦ to trade more frequentlyā€¦ MD need to think it is 22:00hrs + ? What does this mean 22:00 at GMT?

So would i simple put 8 or so charts, setting each time 3 hours difference apart so that every 3 hours MD will think it is 22:00 GMT in atleast one of my charts?

Is that the idea or am i way off?

Also what do i need to set each S1, S2 to ? any rules other than not the same?

No trade last night on ODL :frowning:

I needed a winner to cheer me up too. In other news, anyone seen the spam on Fapturbo 50? Any Fapturbo users here?

Hi everyone,
I am having a nightmare with MD. Since the big big loss a few weeks ago, I have had no trades at all! I changed computer in the last two weeks to a super fast machine. Now my live FXDD account is not trading at all, though itā€™s all installed correctly and running. My Alpari demo just says

buy operation failed, error 146 trade context busy - it says this a lot or
invalid price error 149.

Any ideas. I would have thought a faster computer would only be a good thing!

Hi all,
I got 2 questions about setting up Megadroid

a) GMT Offset.
I am in Sydney Australia, running on GoMarkets.
The Gomartkets page says their GMT offset is +2

When Megadroid GMT settings is set to Auto, the chart says the GMT Offset is
+1 (Auto: Local)

Is this right? Should I set it to +2? What exactly is that + 2?
Australia is GMT+10!?

b) The Lot Size Setting.
Default is 0.1.
Does that mean it will always trade at 0.1 ?
The manual says if Automated order sizing is not required, this value will be taken?
Where in the settings can I change auto lot sizing?

thanks all.

If I had problems with two unrelated accounts and changed the PC then I would look at the network for connectivity problems.

I am using fabturbo bot.but Iam not happy now.Demo results were very good.
But after live account it seems bad.my live account went down from 1000usd to 500 usd in 30 days.(Iamfx usa)
there are a lot of pair in bot.but only eurchf maybe will reach succeed.
the others rubbish as for my live results.

I have megadroid running on alpari uk demo. I have had 1 trade in 2 weeks and not a sniff this week at all?!

I have now resorted to putting the risk to 0.6 to see if a low risk setting was stopping it. Nothing. Iā€™ve checked the gmt offset and spoke to alpari and that seems correct. Internet connection is very strong. My computers on 24 hours a day so it can apparently ā€˜learnā€™ althoughi
not convinced by this.

I just donā€™t get it?! Would the slippage setting have anything to do with it? What has everyone got theirs set at? Iā€™m all out of ideas otherwise.

Iā€™m going to give it one more week and if still no trade I
going to try and get my money back as itā€™s not doing anything!

Please help! :slight_smile:

I have my Slippage set to 3 - didnā€™t seem to trade below that on the Alpari(UK) Demo. Also make sure you are actually connected to the server - check the bottom right hand conner connection widget and make sure all the bars are green.

Why not load up another demo account, try FXDD and see if that works.