Forex MegaDroid

I’m running on Alpari UK and as you can see from previous posts I have been getting trades over the last couple of weeks since I’ve been playing with this.

I’m not running on a VPS or anything like that. Instead I’m running on Netbook (Samsung NC10) which is nothing special and not particularly powerful. I use my main pc for other stuff so when running on the netbook it is only MT4 running.

I don’t leave the netbook running 24 hours but simply turn it on around 7pm and turn off again before going to bed around 12 if all trades are closed. So my advice would be save yourself the money by not using a VPS just for Megadroid. You are just buying the marketing and eating into profits.

The second myth to quell is the idea that this ‘learns’. This is absolute nonsense and just part of the marketing rubbish, which also gives the impression that this robot trades 24 hours. How would it learn? If this was the case then I would be getting different results from the other Alpari UK users who are running 24/7 on VPS, as technically my bot would be ‘dumb’ in comparison. From a software perscpective (I have a bakground in software) this is just plain impossible from the architecture. Myth 2 dispelled.

After getting the trade last eve, eager to push MD further, I added the MD mod. I had a 5 minute play with the settings…

…No sooner had I set it up then MD went straight into another trade. This came in for profit. It then went into a third trade which also came in for profit.

Now the settings in the MOD are quite flexible and will require some tweaking. The first of the MOD trades closed for +1 (could have been more but the settings I had) and the second closed for +8.

I will need to tweak the settings a bit to understand the optimum way of setting this up. My main concern is to work out how to limit the damage when this invitably goes wrong.

So far so good. In spite of the dubious marketing this bot does seem to have some merit so far…

Forextc- Interesting… what is this MOD exactly?

Also anyone able to answer my queries from previous post?

a) GMT Offset.
I am in Sydney Australia, running on GoMarkets.
The Gomartkets page says their GMT offset is +2

When Megadroid GMT settings is set to Auto, the chart says the GMT Offset is
+1 (Auto: Local)

Is this right? Should I set it to +2? What exactly is that + 2?
Australia is GMT+10!?

b) The Lot Size Setting.
Default is 0.1.
Does that mean it will always trade at 0.1 ?
The manual says if Automated order sizing is not required, this value will be taken?
Where in the settings can I change auto lot sizing?

thanks all.

Interesting. I admit I only tested it with backtests, and from live trading I already see that backtests are useless.

I’m interested in your results with the mod, keep us posted!

Just google “Megadroid mod”, and it should be among the first results.

Try setting your lot size to 0.01 and then the auto setting should calculate the lot buy size. This is very true if your using a smaller account under $1000. Its now Friday and no one will be trading. Have a great weekend.

Can U please tell me how U’ve made out with this system and how I can find the breakevenshift (stoploss) for FXDD?:confused:

greeting fellow money lovers. i have been lurking here for a week and have decided to speak out and join the community.

i plan to buy they megadestroid thingy next week and give it a try…i was quite leary, but after reading this hurculean thread, i have decided its not a scam, and is potentially capable of moderate success if used carefully.

i will post my results, good or bad.

may the god of luck smile upon us.

Good luck!

Keep in mind that backtests are NOT the same as real results. Backtests will show you that you will become a millionaire within two years. In reality, that is not the case, but you still get decent results. Have reasonalbe expectations, and you should be fine with this bot. At least that’s what my past 3 weeks of experience tells me. I’m up 7% in 3 weeks, I’m happy with this result. Of course, I will add manual trading to my portfolio soon, and hope to gain even more. :smiley:

Posting my weekly updates on my use of Megadroid.

WEEK 4: 15 - 21st March
START: £422.96
END: £433.37
DIFF: +£10.41
PER: +2.4%

OVERALL DIFF: +£43.17
OVERALL PER: +9.9%

Same time next week

Martin

Welcome Mr Moneybags. I have the funnel and the Steinz bots also and Im very good with them both, how ever I now know their strenghts and weaknesses. Megadroid has been safer and is doing well by me. I just set up a VPS to hopefully stablish a better trading platform. I have missed many a trading time from my pc being offline.
:smiley:
Garry

i keep seeing people talk about a VPS. is that the same as a VPN? i googled it and it said virtual private system, VPN is a virtual private network. I use a VPN because i live in china.

anyone?

VPS is a virtual private SERVER. Like a computer at a remote location that is always turned on, so your computer at home does not have to be on all the time.

ahhhh, my computer is always on anyway. i was thinking of adding a second computer as well. so is it nessesary to have a VPS?

VPS is like a PC that you pay for by the month and it runs all the time connected to high speed servers. I got one up and running cause my pc disconnects so often and I lose out on trading times. Its like a remote access high speed PC.

No. It’s just convinient. You don’t have to worry about your Internet connection disconnectong, your power going out, your computer needing a reboot etc.

If you have a computer that is always on anyway, I think you can start with that. You’ll see if it causes any problems, or if it is inconvinient to you in any way to always have a metatrader task running there.

I don’t use a VPS at the moment. If MD makes a lot of money ;), I might get one later. But since I work from home, I too, have my computer on most of the time.

thanks for the reply Ati. i plan to go live sometime this week, and will be keeping the bot in mind. i only plan to trade 4 hours in the morning, same hours recommended by MD. im in beijing, so thats 8am to noon.

im still deciding about the platform though. FXCM is at the top of my mind despite some negative things i heard. i like the charts.

I can’t give you a recommendation on this one. I have live accounts with 3 providers, and all of them have their own little problems… :slight_smile: I’ve demoed a 4th, that ALMOST suits me, but that too has its own problems, and I’m still waiting a bit with joining them.

If you have kept a close eye on the forum, you may have noticed, that the broker also plays a big part in what trades MD will do. On Alpari UK it seems to make lots of trades (if you count 2 per week as “lots” :)), on IBFX demo, MD missed at least half of these trades, if not more. There were some providers, where MD traded several times per day, something it has never done for me on Alpari UK.

So it’s not just the charts that count. I strongly suggest you demo a few brokers before deciding which one to go with.

MD can be used legally on several demo accounts, so you can even try which one your MD trades best on.

Im using forex.com as a broker.
Any one using a offset time for forex.com? I have left in neutral and GMT set on auto.

Thanks Garry:D

If you have original MD,md mod runs with the same clickbank reciept.
you can write google ''megadroid mod b ‘’ and download your pc.
load the mod b like original MD under the expert.
and you can play these settings.

Have you guys received the e-mail from MD about “forex-scalpa”’?

It says we get it for free, but the website suggests we need to buy something called the “Forex Magic Bullet”. What do you think? I’ve never even heard of this product, why would I want to buy it? :slight_smile:

Also, is this e-mail genuine at all? I mean they have the phrase “no cost” written as “n0 co5t”, like spammers write…